DCUO Announces Next Episode: Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 30, 2020.

1. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Since it says LARGE Scale does that Mean
    1-Solo
    1-Elite Solo
    1-Duo
    1-Elite Duo
    1-Alert
    1-Elite Alert
    1-Raids
    1-Elite Raid

This is what I want to see.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Large scale doesn't mean anything other than what we always get, they've always called them large scale because way back there used to a few smaller ones, but there hasnt been a small one for ages.

It usually consists of

Open world
    Solo or Duo
    1 Alert
    2 Raids with elite versions.
    • Like x 3
  3. Masm Active Player

Will the great James Marsters be voicing Lex again?

Also, Lex Hair Style plz
    • Like x 2
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

First I too Would like to see
    1-Solo
    1-Duo
    1-Alert
    2-Radis
    2-Elite Raids

However Elite Solo, Duo & Alert I am pretty sure NEVER gonna happen
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. Metal Part 1 was advertised as large scale, so that’s a more recent example to go on.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For the first time, I have to back 9001BPM up 100%. Black Canary is ridiculously frustrating no matter where she appears. And Zod forbid if you're not a little overgeared when dealing with her...you get mud stomped regularly. Maybe you're better at dealing with her, but i've run my fair share of instances with her in it with experienced people...and it's almost regularly a crapshoot.
  7. Elda Mad as a Hatter

Please, please let there be cute styles from this, hair too. I wanna be evil and look pretty goddamnit.
    • Like x 3
  8. Halcyon81 Level 30

My guess is it will be based off Dove, just because it is the one that shows less flesh.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I really, really hope that the artwork chosen for this announcement isn't misleading.

If there's no Hawk & Dove in this episode, I'm grabbing a pitchfork. ;)
    • Like x 5
  10. RottenGames101 New Player

sweet! now then whens the new POWER gonna DROP!!!;)
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The art is the cover for Birds of Prey #8 (2011) - Part 2 of “The Death of Oracle” by Gail Simone. In that story, Calculator manages to find Oracle’s secret location and makes his move to take her out once and for all. It would be a story worthy of a DCUO episode because we as players rely on Oracle so much; but I’m not sure they’re actually adapting that story. I don’t think Luthor was any part of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Finally we're going to have some Hawk love. Wait, that's not what...

[IMG]

...okay maybe...
    • Like x 4
  13. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If we get an updated pleated/ruffled skirt (like the one Lady Blackhawk is wearing in the picture), I'll be super happy for all the people still stuck using the yucky looking Metalhead one.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

I hope the tone is light and colourful like the movie.
    Black Canary inspired gear or I'll riot.
    Wonder how Huntress gonna look, not personally feeling her Rebirth look.
    Let Harley styles for a time capsule.
  15. nerpyc New Player

Srx? Bird of prey ? Uh come on guys...
    Well I hope that after that the next dlc will be doomsday clock!!!
  16. Halcyon81 Level 30

On the subject of artifacts, I notice we get ones that aren't suited for our roles and feel that instead of putting experience into them and absorbing half that experience into an artifact that is more useful for the roles we play, that we be able to trade them to Constantine or some other occult figurehead for 25 source marks. Also the % to breakthrough needs to be done away with, the grind for experience and catalysts is annoying enough.
  17. Drashkhul New Player

What about metal part 3? We're still missing devastator and murder machine and especially second would be some pretty awesome styles
    • Like x 1
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

My enthusiasm will remain very limited since once again no Martians...
    • Like x 1
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What's wrong with the one we got in Age of Justice? Granted it uses pants instead of a skirt, but really the skirt is the only part of her costume that's missing.
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

They need to stop doing 2 reids, they have more raids then any other on duty missions, it goes raids, alerts, duo, solo's.
    They did said this is a game for all types of players.
    This is why they need 1 of each difficulty.
    I could give reason why they should in a business if that you want.