SM Season 2: Devs any news?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Olli Malicious Active Player

Before some of you jump in here with pitchforks and torches, just know that I'm asking this as someone who genuinely enjoy Survival Mode (ever since the first Oan which was when? 2014?). I feel like it's the natural progression for people who farmed their elite gear and now want a good challenge instead of just playing another game while we wait till April for the new BoP DLC.

I get it, SM is not for everyone and some people even hate it. And yes, the last 4-man version had flaws. But I'm sure a good portion of players (including myself) still really enjoyed the change of pace it gave us between DLCs.

Should it come back as a 4-man or an 8-man... Honestly I don't care. As long as it comes back.

Thanks.
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Make it come back as a single player. :)
    • Like x 9
  3. Awsome Well-Known Player

YES!
    Imagine the data you can pull from seeing how long people can survive with what power, and in what role.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If it does come back, I hope the shadow combat trinkets are added to the legacy vendor. :(
  5. Olli Malicious Active Player

Yeah I’ve seen some of your videos. I raise my hat to you sir. Impressive counter game.

I don’t care much about a solo SM, because I think group content is more fun.

But yeah a surprise SM season 2 dropping in February would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We can't share anything yet.
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

All the Batmans (including the Nexus ones) And Barbatos. Just a guess.
  8. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I want a SM for solo, duo, alert, & raid
  9. Syd New Player

I really like the idea!
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The answer would be either...

A.
    - Forever and ever, without much effort, skill or even a fully functional and cognizant brain with a tank power in tank role
    - Various lengths depending on player skill but quite challenging regardless with any power in any other role besides tank.

or B.
    - Various lengths depending on player skill but quite challenging regardless with a tank power in tank role
    - 6s with a troll power...because that's how long your detaunt and immunity shield lasts. Gadgets can potentially survive 14s with Holographic Decoy in troll role. (I fully expect a valid rebuttal from Ryazan aka Krystal McCloud on this, lol)
    - Between 0.5s and 2s in any other power or role. Perhaps longer if you're lagging so bad that it glitches and you fall through the floor or get stuck inside a wall.

If neither scenario sounds like an equally fun, challenging and FAIR SM season for all or even most choices of powerset and role, then maybe...just maybe... a solo, while sounding fun in theory on the surface, is an atrocious idea.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

"yet" = "when, not if" scenario. :D
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I'm sure they will bring SM back because i'm sure it made them a ton of money due to the sheer amount of rewards they put on the vendor and the marks required to attain all of them. The problem was the devs forgot what SM is actually about, the difficulty, and had numerous bugs/exploits and issues that completely trivialized the event

... but players got to drool over all the rewards
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I was always positive they would too. It was popular, grabbed peoples interest, attention and wallets and besides, one doesn't tend to utilize a numeric numbering system in the title of something that's one&Done. But recently some people who I consider to be quite knowledgeable and who tend to make logical and fact base statements have made a case that we shouldn't assume it's a foregone conclusion.
  14. Olli Malicious Active Player

If those rewards help bring back players to the game and motivate them to keep playing, then I don’t see the problem. Let people reset away as much as they want. I will take 10 seasons of SM over another time capsule.

I agree that the main exploit you are referring to should have been fixed before SM came out (and I believe it is now since it no longer works in SGE... but I could be wrong). Without that exploit I feel like the difficulty wouldn’t have been too far off from what it should have been.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Lunging just allowed terrible groups to complete round 30 that had no business being there at all but that was just one issue out of many. Manbat and Phasedoge and to a lesser degree amazon deflection played just as much of an issue which allowed groups who didn't want to spam lunge an easy out. Nothing has changed in regards to dw>flurry shot so if its another 4 man you will see 1 troll in pure dps gear along with a dps/tank/heal or even no troll at all. There was a laundry list of things that would need to be addressed beforehand or it would just be another trivial instance, and at that point I would much rather have a time capsule or a booster bundle than further dilute the quality of survival mode.
  16. Olli Malicious Active Player

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on the TC/BB part.

As for the DW issue, the manbat and whatever else... well I don’t agree with you that these should prevent them to release another SM. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for them to balance might and prec, to finally do a ‘real’ weapon pass, to make trolls more relevant, to remove the distance on manbat’s roll... But I still want fun and challenging content. Otherwise what is there to do once you’re done with elite gear and the feats? Farming DME for Dark Robins gets old fast and with PVP being where it’s at right now...

All of these things that you mentioned are being used in elite raids as well (current and past), sometimes allowing mediocre groups to be able to get through. So what? That doesn’t mean that the devs should stop releasing elite raids until all of these are fixed.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How many Might DPS out there maxed out their Precision Augments just in case 2.0 ends up being the same as 1.0?

*raises hand*
    • Like x 1
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I do that anyway... too many exobytes and I needed something to do with them aside from sending them to alts. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not me. I stuck with learning how to maximize my ST-rotations on my powerset and that's enough for me. I didn't pick the ability to manipulate fire, water or electricity just to spam a corny weapon-combo 99% of the time.
    • Like x 4
  20. SalviMex Active Player

I honestly feel like SM was just to give the devs more time to work on Metal part 1 (if that was the dlc tht came after SM was over)