DCUO Announces Next Episode: Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

THIS SPRING, ORACLE AND FRIENDS FACE OFF AGAINST LEX LUTHOR IN BIRDS OF PREY

Just announced, DC Universe Online's next content release assembles a new team: the Birds of Prey! The new episode BIRDS OF PREY will launch this April.

[IMG]

NEW EPISODE: BIRDS OF PREY

In BIRDS OF PREY, Oracle faces new challenges: Lex Luthor is back and more dangerous than ever, citizens need immediate help as Luthor's plot turns Metropolis into a near lawless war-zone, and her scrappy bunch of most-trusted associates might be too busy roasting and fighting and mistrusting each other to get the job done.

With time running out and a deeper threat to investigate, will Oracle be able to mold her...vibrant...friends into the new kickass team she needs? Or will the Super-Villains have their day?

SJ'S TAKE: "I've spent the last ten years of my life preparing for this episode, so this time my snappy quote has been replaced by a heart-felt one. In my early adulthood, I managed a comics and game store, and the Birds of Prey comics series highlighted so many amazing female characters written in a way that was extremely relatable. It inspired me to become not just a fan, but a creator. I know you're going to enjoy our Birds of Prey, and I hope it makes you love these characters as much as I do." - SJ Mueller, DC Universe Online Creative Director

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BIRDS OF PREY:
    • Birds of Prey will be a large-scale episode, with level-agnostic event versions of content available to all players for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning Super Heroes and Super-Villains, including Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, and more.
    • The storyline will include singleplayer and multiplayer adventures set in familiar and remote locales, including Oracle's iconic Clock Tower base.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, artifacts, base items, and feats.

EPISODE 37: BIRDS OF PREY will launch this April on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 25
  2. Eve YouTuber

I...I...I want to say I knew it and I'm still excited.... YUSS

EDIT: WAIT DOES IT MEAN WE WILL SEE ORACLE FINALLY FACE TO FACE
    • Like x 6
  3. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Thank you for doing a comics-faithful version of BoP, and not doing the movie's mix of characters.
    • Like x 4
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Easy guess.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Yay. Finally something that I might enjoy, that's not magic or metal.

QUESTION: Will Power Girl be in this episode? She and Oracle had a lot of backstory and she's good friends with Huntress.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Since it says LARGE Scale does that Mean
    1-Solo
    1-Duo
    1-Alert
    2-Raids
    2-Elite Raids?

This is MY Idea of Large Content
    • Like x 3
  8. Slave-Zeo New Player

awwwwwwww snap! I see hawk and dove!
    • Like x 4
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Hawk & Dove. Indirect love for the Titans series ^.^
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

New artifacts.. so soon
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyro Committed Player

The last time we had birds of prey content we villains got to be villains, will this be the case once again?
    • Like x 3
  12. Draconiano Committed Player

Meh, but I guess it's fine since we had 3 consecutive "dark" episodes.
    I don't expect much of the storyline but the instances can still be good.
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I know I've been gone for a bit, but what happened to you, you used to be number 1 (poster)? :(

;)
    • Like x 3
  15. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

So before the final DLC gets released here you have my wishlist:

• Black Canary style complete with a new long hairsyle as seen in the BoP promotion image posted here (comics accurate).
    • New Huntress style, you have several Earth 2 versions (Helena Wayne) from pre-Crisis and nu52 or from Earth Prime (Helena Bertinelli) that are not the "Hush" costume already available as PvP style.
    • Huntress' dual crossbows style (dual pistols) as MANY of us expect this to happen NOW, its now or never.
    • Other hairstyles like Batwoman's or Lady Shiva's should be included in-game either with briefings, collections, investigations OR store. There is lots of vanity items/styles than can and should be added using any method.
    • Please, make most of alerts/duos available to everybody by placing direct access to the instances in Metropolis/Gotham/the Watchtower/Central City. This is already implemented in the game (see Arkham Asylum in example) and it would help us to play old instances and farm old styles.
    • Please, Doomsday and other open map bounties are fun and interesting... revamp the game, add new bounties all over the map forcing us to team up and farm them, its very fun and it helps us to get immersed in the game.
    • Like x 5
  16. Wildcat Committed Player

Some Batgirl/Oracle style gear I guess :rolleyes:
  17. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

I hope we will get also updated models of Black Canary, Huntress and Harley Quinn!
    • Like x 1
  18. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

And also see Oracle face to face!
    • Like x 2
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sweet. Looks cool. We needed a lighter episode. But seriously. Please. Tell me black canary got an updated model. Its.....needed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope we get batgirl head gear that hair sticks through :)
    • Like x 3