Bonus Stabilizer Weekend

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Bonus Stabilizer Weekend!

Rewards are tripled this weekend for the daily Stabilizer event!

Here's how it works. This weekend - from Thursday, January 30, 2020 through Sunday, February 2, 2020 - all players will receive BONUS Stabilizer Fragments when completing the Stabilizer event. Look for it in the events tab of the On Duty menu.

When you complete the event, you will get three times the Stabilizer Fragments you normally do. The event rewards different amounts based on your access level, so that ends up looking like this:

• Members
      • Standard Reward: 6 Stabilizer Fragments
      • 3X BONUS Reward: 18 Stabilizer Fragments
    • Premium Access Level
      • Standard Reward: 4 Stabilizer Fragments
      • 3X BONUS Reward: 12 Stabilizer Fragments
    • Free Players
      • Standard Reward: 3 Stabilizer Fragments
      • 3X BONUS Reward: 9 Stabilizer Fragments

Remember, it takes 15 Stabilizer Fragments to form a Stabilizer, which can then be used to open any Time Capsule. The event can be completed once per day. Need a refresher on what's in which capsule? Check out our updated Time Capsule guide!

Please note that the standard Stabilizer Fragment rewards will go directly to your currency tab (as usual) and will be delivered in the loot window as two items: the regular cache of Stabilizer Fragments that you always receive and a bonus cache of Stabilizer Fragments with the appropriate bonus amount.

The BONUS STABILIZER WEEKEND begins this Thursday with daily server restarts and lasts through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 12
  2. Eve YouTuber

Does it include the fragments that drops from capsules or just the on duty duo?
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Only the rewards in the event duo.
    • Like x 5
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Time capsule drops are so badly rigged that I can’t get terribly excited about this. And I’m not even talking about the collections. Even trying to collect the
    un-enhanced armour style and emblems is a struggle. I do not need another 50 enshadowed arms or 100 bear totem emblems.
    • Like x 3
  6. AV Loyal Player

I agree insomuch that it's never worth paying for stabs and will only ever stockpile stabs > open TCs til I can't reliably get new/unique drops I actually need > go back to stockpiling stabs to til next episode and buy w/e I'm missing on broker > repeat forever, buuuuuut I'm still happy to have more stabs.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

True but my point is very few of us are going to get much tangible mileage out of this.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

No matter what awesome bonuses we get, there's always someone who's gonna complain about it.
    If you don't want free stabilizers, don't run the event. I'm certainly going to get the most of it.
    • Like x 6
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

cheers. I'm done with the current TC, but this'll be a nice little boost towards stocking up before the next one comes along. again, ta, very much.
    • Like x 3
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

Oh I don't know about that. Opening a TC for free every day? Sure, that neon chroma won't drop, but still.

You can stockpile quarks, which is good if you're looking to buy the Wings of Sin or an expensive aura or something from the vendor.

You can sell the stuff you've already collected on the broker for some extra cash. Everyone else will be doing that so you won't make a ton, but it's still money for almost nothing.

You can save the stabs until the next TC hits, which I'm guessing is coming very soon if they're doing this bonus weekend.

I'm happy with this. I hate TC's but I'll take advantage of this.
    • Like x 3
  11. Abel Well-Known Player

Thanks DCUO Devs for the Bonus Stabilizer Weekend. It definitely was not expected.
    I can always use some free Stabilizers fragments!
    • Like x 3
  12. Vicious Well-Known Player

Ew, are you kidding? You're seriously complaining about a free 3x bonus?
    • Like x 2
  13. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Sounds great to me no idea what there is to complain about. I'll be doing what I normally do and get extra stuff.
    • Like x 3
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Any bonus weekend is appreciated. Thanks. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. DRAGON Z New Player

What if there were Items that increase your chances to earn specific gear and rewards from the TCs? Something like a Seal of Completion for the artifacts.

Accordingly, to go even further I think it would be a great idea if TCs for the old content had such items or would automatically get an increased chance to earn at least 1 (or more) new drop/s the older the DLC it was released with (maybe even cost less).
    M
    • Like x 1
  16. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Fantastic! ;):)
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Actually I’m glad you reminded me about quarks, I am saving up to get a magic supply drop for my new character. I guess this isn’t so underwhelming after all. Bet I get all tens though. :(
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  19. kingmasternova Loyal Player

How about just remove the event duo, and add the stabilizer in the value.
    • Like x 1
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Some people complain about anything.