Tanking with player animations

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Nu31, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Nu31 Well-Known Player

We’ve know for years how bad it is :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If there are mechanics where it is vital not to miss them you can always turn on player outlines. I do this with Tala in SGe to not miss the lunge on her healing mechanic. The only animation that gives me significant problems is that damn cloud from electricity. It literally clouds up my entire screen unless I'm zoomed in.
    • Like x 2
  3. Nu31 Well-Known Player

You’re right, player outlines can help but it’s still a situation we shouldn’t be forced into.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m on the fence on this topic. Yes it’s unfair for tanks to have to go through this. However I’m a fan of animations and love seeing all the different powers animation in combat.

Isn’t there a way for players to lower the animations in the settings? If there isn’t than there should be. If there is already I do wonder how effective it is or how how much more it could potentially block out.
  5. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I do agree, it’s nice to have the option to see player animations because they are really cool; however, theres no way to turn down player animations at the moment :(
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Well that sucks. That should be a feature implemented. Most games have ways to tone down the resolution of flashy moves. i just don’t want what happened to the Zeus orbital to happen to everything.

(On a side note, what’s up man haven’t ran with you recently lol)
  7. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I’m good man, hope you’re well! We definitely need a slider option to lower player animations!
    • Like x 1
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I think this was something talked about a long time ago, as well as the ability to have a slider, for console players, that would increase the camera rotation speed. Quality of life fixes Jens was looking at having implemented, but then he left, and that was that.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Tanking blind is so much fun though, makes you grow thicker skin.
    • Like x 1
  10. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Ya, it's odd that we can turn down enemy animations but not player animations.. hopefully changes to come in the near future.
  11. Nu31 Well-Known Player

True true! :)
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just block and pray.
    • Like x 3
  13. Nu31 Well-Known Player

LOL, so true.
  14. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

While they are at it, if they are looking at it they need to also look into boss' combos such as solar flame and most 2 part combos that are almost impossible to counter due to first hit knocking you up in the air. How are you supposed to get a counter if you got hit and got cc'd at the same time? The only way you can is if you breakout mid air as quickly lunge a boss after you have already taken damage. Examples include sm vampire lord, king shark with it's hold Y and block and ultra man hold y block
    • Like x 1
  15. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

As an old CoX (City of Heroes/Villains)... yes get your laughs out.. amyways, the player would be able to see full animation of their powers, while only seeing small animations of others (the bosses' being just as fully animated as the player).

E.G.: Fire Tank would launch attacks and see full attacks. Ice DPS in group launches attacks and the previous mentioned Tank only sees slight ice growth and frosted wind.
  16. Tangent Line Level 30

Thank you for bringing this up again. My leaguemate Penryn and I were just discussing this. Tanking in this game is extremely unrewarding and frustrating at times when your ability to see what the boss is doing is skewed by all of the animations of the raid/in-game mechanics.

Not sure what they can do to alleviate the pain we feel at the moment, but hopefully there will be a change sooner than later.
  17. Cyro Committed Player

There is a slider that lowers effects so they are less bright and more translucent but it doesnt work for earth powers which is why my least favourite power when tanking is the earth power where they slam two rocks together, it briefly covers everything on my screen