Artifact Switch-Seal needed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Luke©, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Luke© Well-Known Player

Hello everyone,

as you probably know artifact leveling takes a lot of time (which is totally okay), but when you want to switch artifacts, because you switched power or you just want to try out another artifact... because there are like 3 new artifacts each dlc (which is way too much)... then many weeks/months/maybe even years would be thrown away.

To tell it in numbers:
    1678722 XP are needed for rank 200. Which is a total loose (50%) of 839361 XP.
    75000 XP are worth like 10€ (for non-members)
    Which means you would have to buy 11 artifact packs to be at the same level again. (Which is more than 100€ for EACH ARTIFACT)

And also spare me your "wait for double XP weekend" stories... we haven't had a double XP weekend since Metal Part I launch...

Daybreak should just release a Seal for switching artifacts easily (i don't know... maybe 5€...) so we don't have to wait like 1 year for a "double XP weekend".

Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 4
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Speaking of double xp, how often does it usually occur? Any chance there wil be one coming up soon you think? And yes artifacts are a money pit in the worst way.
  3. CandySlinger Active Player

The template answer is "double xp is very good, so it is also very rare." Other answers include when they feel like it would drive sales, right before new artifacts or parameters on artifacts are changed (level caps, number equipped), or about twice a year so 5-7 months in between them. Basically think of all the different bonus weekend they have. and imagine them spaced out where you get them each at least twice while getting the main mark/bonus content currency most frequently. We're getting closer though, I'd guess within the next two months but still weeks away.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I hope the original poster tries to run a server and game like DCUO with its population 23/7... and then see how long he or she can keep the game running with only charging 5 Euros to switch maximum level artifacts at the current artifact release time-frame.
    • Like x 1
  5. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Yea Im sure the OP would be struggling to run his own game with over 30 dlc's, subscriptions, 19 different versions of time capsules, severeal booster bundle releases, a 5 dollar charge to type more than 5 messages a day if you're ftp. Shame on the OP for trying to find a way to make leveling new artifacts less grindy.... I mean its not like there're 28 of them, its not like people dont switch out artifacts for different areas, its not like it doesn't take over a million xp just to max out, and its not like its hard to rank them once you even reach rank 120.....20% chance to breakthrough......easy. Who needs seals of completion
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's usually 2 or 3 a year.
  7. inferno Loyal Player

I will say that it would be great to have a seal to switch artifacts and, wow, would it be great to cost 5.

But think realistically or business wise. You just mentioned it would take 100 to buy the experience to level up quick and that's not even including the seals. Would you sell something worth over a 100 for 5? I think it would be a fair assumption for me to say that no one would, might as well give it away for free. So maybe if you think of a higher value then double it, they might consider the idea.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My sarcasm meter just went 'bing'!

But seriously, to think they would take one of the biggest money makers in the game and reduce it to a 5$ swap...kind of ludicrous. He could pitch the idea as $50 and maybe he'd have something. Not saying I want it (or would ever use it) but at least it's in the realm of reality.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Im usually thinking more for the consumer. Sure 5 dollars would be wild to swap to a rank 160 artifacts exp to any other artifact. But expecting me to level an artifact for over a million exp is ridiculous. Something I thought would be nice to implement is

Option A: Successfully reaching a milestone like 120 or 160 enables you to receive gold nth metal drops at random ranging from 3000 to 50000 (50000 being the super rare drop that hardly drops).

Option B: Reaching max rank on any artifact enables a permanent boost to your exp. It starts out small but noticeable. So maybe a 10 15 or 20% permanent boost which stacks the more you hit 200 on an artifact. The max amount of permanent boost could be either 50 or 100% if they're nice.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As a consumer, I'd agree....I'm always for things which will benefit me, but I like to stay realistic about the chances that any changes I'd suggest could be (or would be) implemented. A 5$ change token or drastic increases in the Nth drops, or anything that will cut the income for 'new' artifacts down by 80% or more, is not going to happen...no matter how much we'd like it.

Maybe feeding your artifact to a machine in the WT/HOD, that when consumed gives you a 'rank to' token you can use to get to 140 or 160. This way you'd get something back (1/2 XP still requires seals and cats...the 'token' would not)....OR you can wait till 2x XP, get a full swap, but have to spend cash or grind for the missing XP and use seals/cats normally. DBG would still make their money or enforce the grind....but we'd get some edge up on the current situation.

Personally I've never consumed an artifact into another NOT on a 2x weekend...I'll go without for 4 months or so until the next go around. Still need to fork over the seals and cats, but I've got plenty of cats and bought seals on sale so have a stockpile. But I know I'm not the norm and most people need it Nooooooow, so I get the sentiment.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  11. Solarbound Committed Player

Simply can't understand how some of you can really sit here and back the current monetization system of these artifacts as if such a proposal for switching to newer artifacts is really that impractical. $260+ paywall behind each artifact... come on now. SMH -_-
    • Like x 6
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think the real issue with artifacts is the power creep that practically mandates swapping. Every time since assassin TC they’ve come out with something that just absolutely eclipses everything before it. Venom Wrist Dispenser, Eye Of Gemini, The Transformation Card, to a lesser extent Mystic Symbol Of The Seven (Less obvious until you make a fire tank and realise it’s basically compulsory). The system would be much more palatable in it’s current state if we were allowed to actually commit to our chosen artifacts.

I know this isn’t really a general artifacts gripe thread but I just really needed to get that off my chest, it’s been brewing since The Transformation Card came out.
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I understand and seen posts saying its 260 bucks per artifact getting to rank 200... this is excluding the double nth metal xp, if I recall. Now that is just fn ridiculous and beyond. If it were.... idk, $50 / $60 bucks, if players bought artifacts packs, nth metal, SoP and SoC from the market place... I think more people would tend to spend more and often to rank up artifacts outside of double nth metal xp time.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or just opt out....The fact that we have a thread about 'We have to swap artifacts each time' just enforces that how they are doing it now, is working. I haven't even completed the journal entries to claim the new artifacts yet to clutter my inventory as I won't be putting any Nth in till double XP...if then at all. DPS side at least. Role based ones seem a bit more stable.

Don't chase the red dot kitty cat....you'll never catch it.
    [IMG]

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I like how OP lowballs his price he'd want to pay to 500DBC (5$) when we all know that if they implemented something like this it would be at least 1000DBC.
  16. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

People have gotten used to spending the money as if it's the new norm. It's reasonable to step back and take a look at the artifact exchange system considering how new artifacts are going to continue coming. The artifact xp is one thing, but the amount of seals and catalysts required every time you consume an old artifact is just too much considering how much was already spent on the original artifact.
  17. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Not gonna happen, buddy. Do you know how much money they'd stand to lose by allowing us to do that? I'm guessing artifacts are one of the big money makers in this game.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Understanding the reality of this business is not the same as backing this system. You and others only want what's best for you but want to completely ignore the fact that this is a business, and that no business will cut their profits by such a huge degree without getting something substantial in the end. You clearly state in your post just how expensive it is...do you really think they would want to give that up for $5 instead??? Does that even sound realistic to you...or do you freely admit that you don't care and just want your fantasy to come true? Every consumer wants a great deal (this includes me)...but some of us know how unlikely that is, so we don't indulge in those fantasies.
    • Like x 2
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

That's funny, plenty of game companies out there who actually put their consumers first and I'm supposed to buy into what you're saying? Notice such companies who follow that principle tend to be the most successful. Why are they so successful? Because they realize the customer is always right. Basic rule from the School of Business 101. So, no, I'm not ignoring the business aspect by any means. Yet, I fully realize the current business model is an entire mess. So, maybe, just maybe, revamping it a bit to work in favor of the players, the ones who actually pay the money towards the product, can do some good to help brighten its future. There's a bigger picture that goes beyond that $5 proposal, as it was a clearly a number that was just thrown out there for the sake of sharing an idea.
    • Like x 1
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

Everything in the original post that the OP mentions about the time and money involved in changing artifacts is working as intended.

The ruse used to be to sell respec tokens by having a meta DPS power, that changed 1-2 times a year, they just put this on steroids with artifacts.