Sending private messages

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Jan 16, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So I tried sending a private message and couldn't, didnt even have the option to create a new convo. Anyone know why?
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Like here on the forum?
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

On the forums? It might be the settings thing that people choose not to receive messages from anyone or ppl they follow only.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Idk I have it set to members only so perhaps the person I tried messaging doesn't accept messages?
    • Like x 1
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yes
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

They probably have it set to “people u follow only”

Or maybe ignore? Idk if that restricts messaging someone on here yeah I still have a convo option if someone ignore me, disregard this idea
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

Seems to be this. Unless you are restricted from using forums features for whatever reason but I don't believe so.
    • Like x 1
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Crap. Ah well. Thanks for help everyone.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Doesn't usually when you click a person's avatar you see message like the ability to send a PM?
  10. Eve YouTuber

Yep, if ppl have it open
    [IMG]

just an example xD
    • Like x 1
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea that's not there for me, I have profile page, ignore and follow as only 3 options.
  12. Eve YouTuber

Yeah it must be turned to following only.
    • Like x 1
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I dont even get all the fancy attach picture options so heres a link

http://imgbox.com/4QmDftAm
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So are you saying it needs to be on 'following only' for me to message ppl or is that the person I tried messaging has it on.
  15. Eve YouTuber

The person need to have it on members only for you to message, that's what I believe is the issue here, cause he has it on following only
    • Like x 1
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ah got it, but doesn't explain why the option still isn't even there to start a convo with anyone. Hopefully a dev see's this and can shed some light light or PM me on what's the deal.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I messaged Mepps, in a message that was sent to me because reasons lol, asking about all this. So hopefully I can get some answers eventually.
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Are you sending it to yourself?
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No I'm looking at other people, and that's the only 3 options, and I've looked at everyone in this thread and a few other that I've been in, and it's still the same 3 options.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

weird. because I'm pretty sure I don't have contact restrictions and I definitely just sent you a message.