Are you all doing anything about these crashes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Crn Well-Known Player

Just crashed back to back on the duo. Yesterday and today, this **** is starting to get real annoying. You all are making it real hard to keep logging in, just saying.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Well, I'm eating a chocolate right now.
    • Like x 2
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Dont feel bad, I crashed yesterday going through the portal to Oa part in batcave breach, got back on. Had to rerun entire alert again.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

What kind?
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It usually helps when people specify server/region, time, instance, what were you doing before you disconnected.
    • Like x 2
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

8. Wallachia Devoted Player

You know what else is against the ToS? Non-constructive posts that can be characterized as rant, such as this thread in itself.

You know what else is against the Tos? Posting to cause unrest, such as picking fights and making accusations, such as your post. Want to know if I am derailing? Report me and see if there will be action taken on my post, instead of accusing me out of nowhere.

And yes, you ARE wrong. What characterizes a thread derailing isn't one or two posts, but if I continuously post here, successfully changing the subject and or continuously trying to do it. Instead, I simply answered a question made to me. That is still within the general rules for gaming forums.

Now excuse me, I'm going to eat my tortuguita. Yes, another one.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While It would be helpful (as would the OP submitting a ticket vs a forum post in the gameplay section), you can't be saying that you have not seen the same thing...can you? I know I get disconnected quite a bit when traveling between locations in the alert (or you end up in a different phase from the rest of the group), and the 'going through a door' discos seem to be happening quite a bit when going through the portal back to HQ from Thanagar or using the 'warp to' options. For the record I play on USPS and USPC, but the issue seems to be more on the PS side...The other people I've heard it from are mainly PS users as well. However, I play on PC a lot less than PS4, so it's possible it just seems worse on PS4 due to the law of averages.

The other one that seems to be happening a lot (and this is what I thought the thread focus was going to be), is when you switch toons, you log out on one, choose the 2nd one...log in...then are immediately presented with a 'there was an authentication error' or 'the connection to the world was lost' message. I've seen those 2 or 3 times in a row when switching toons...more so with all the switching going on with the seasonal grind. I'm sure I've seen this on both platforms, but again, it seems more on PS4....but that could still be perception as that's my primary platform.

Reinheld
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I too have been disconnected while switching characters, or while warping/teleporting to a new location. It isn't as bad now as it was a few months ago, when it would basically happen just about every time, but it still happens occasionally.

Also, will you people stop talking about chocolate? You're making me hungry, dammit! ;)
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also PS, US server and I can't say I've been specifically disconnecting or played with someone who disconnected in the (assuming by OP) Batdcape Duo. Lately it's just been with Phoenix Cannon where I've experienced or witnessed a disconnect.

During Metal I the disconnects were more frequent for me from warping map to map, using the rally teleporters in Metal Gotham, entering/leaving an instance, fighting Giant Metal Manbat and I even once dc'd going to the Vault.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm on USPC exclusively. It doesn't happen TOO often, but often enough to be irritating. Especially when we have to wait at the start of a raid to reinvite everyone booted off.
  14. Crn Well-Known Player

So today, was on character select screen pressed X, and it froze, until it kicked me out saying “ the word is currently down for maintenance. Please try again <0x000E>

Pressed x got back to character select screen went to do the stabilizer crashed again and took me to the same screen.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Amazing community.
    • Like x 1
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Using the typical Windows helpdesk mentality...

"Did you try completely exiting the program and starting it up again? Did you reboot your system?"
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, when doing something like ManBat, Golem or Shadow Golem where the phase gets overloaded, I can kind of expect the drops when fleeing....The phase is overloaded, so it has a fit when your flee is supposed to basically warp you into a maxed phase. The others are just sloppy programming of some sort.

And yes, Metal 2 is better than Metal 1 for the open world, but as both metal 2/1 duos and alerts have/had location changes, it seems to be worse this time for the instanced content. And the toon-switching discos are definitely worse lately. IMHO.

Reinheld
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if it was only some random disconnects. we're approaching a level of instability I havent seen since fos2 was top tier end game:

1) portal cogs are present but the portal itself isn't visible.
    2)drop off missions: you can see and pick up the target you need to bring to the drop off point but you cant see the actual encasement.
    3)constant rubber banding. at times it looks like people are blinking.
    4)debuff and pot icons dont display.
    5)the last boss fight in crime ally during the new duo...freez...es...every...few...sec...onds...
    6) ads fade out and in and out and in again...
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I wouldn't expect anything done till tomorrow (1/7), especially since todays the first day they've been around in almost 2 weeks
  20. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I noticed the freezing stopped when the holiday event stopped showing its banner today.. It's the event banner that caused all my freezes and with it gone, the freezes stopped.