Current powers and the upcoming future?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

First I would like to wish everyone a Happy New year in advance.

Now I have to wonder if anything new has been mentioned in regards to our current powers when it came to being reviewed for changes or fixes? Example would be if the current powersets would be gaining any additional new powers to their power loadouts? And if not that, what about fixing the powers people have asked about on the forums?

It's been more than two years since I've heard or came across any information in that regard. I would appreciate it if I could get a bit more information than "no plans at the moment" or "we are not looking to make any adjustments at this point in time" can we as the community at least get even a slight screenshot to show us things are being worked on?
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They can't show us what they're working on if they're not working on it. At no point recently have they even hinted about working on powers (sorry Mental & Sorcery fans), so the only thing we can assume is that they are not. And that goes double for adding any new abilities to our powersets. The most they've ever given the slightest suggestion to was "possibly" maybe adding to the iconic tree...and that was years ago, and as we can clearly see, that went nowhere.
    • Like x 3
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Oh Lord. I was really hoping on them adding new powers to existing powersets. Especially to replace what they did to quantum's Singularity, Gravity Well and Gravity Bomb.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I agree that Singularity and Gravity Bomb are mostly trash, but what exactly is wrong with Gravity Well???
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

It used to do almost 50% more damage when enemies where Graviton Charged. Now it only applies Graviton Charged PI to enemies.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The dev team seems to be really, really, really bad at giving us a heads up on things coming down the pipeline. Either they severely overvalue the element of "surprise! here's something new for you now (even though we've been working on it for months)" or they've been so bad at making and fulfilling "promises" that they stopped bothering with making them altogether. Everything they do seems to get announced only days if not hours before. Hell, this recent Booster Bundle got announced AFTER it was released!
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm not really seeing a problem here. If you're looking for them to revert powers to how they used to be, you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree. Not once in the game's history have they ever reverted anything, not sure what makes you think they would now. The only thing we can ask for and hopefully get is fixes to broken abilities, and looking at Mental (and Sorcery to a lesser degree) even that is looking less likely.

Gravity Well works pretty good in its current state, it just doesn't do what it used to. I accepted that after the revamp. Singularity and Gravity Bomb are pitiful though. Thankfully there are plenty of other abilities to make up for those two. Quantum is nowhere near in a bad state as some people would like to believe. It's still a highly competitive power, and is downright beastly in the right hands (but it would be nice to see Singularity and Gravity Bomb looked at).
    • Like x 1
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Yeah, Singularity and Gravity Bomb are my most wanted for review.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Considering all of the negative reaction and overreaction from the forums all the way to social media they've decided to keep things close to the vest. They reveal things when they're ready to go which minimizes the negativity to some degree.
    • Like x 3
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Honestly I just hope they balance out support powers, starting with healers. All heal powers need a 4man and 8man shield, 1 burst, 1 HoT, 1 channel, 1 aggressive heal(meaning that deals heals based on how much dmg it dealt), a AoE heal, a really good super charge.

Trolls also need major help too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Wish they’d update the gadget turret pets look
    • Like x 1
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Realistically the reason they don't announce things very far in advance is probably because of the community. Say Mepps hops on here one day and says "We are thinking about/working on adding a new power, and it's going to be Serums. We don't have a timeline, or a date. But heads up."

Not only will the forum be filled with countless threads about what the new power "Should have been" but there will be threads about "What it should be" and add that to the countless "When is it coming?" and "It's taking too long!" Threads. Then they start to turn on the devs. We just saw it happen with the Glitch fix. It's chaotic and people are impatient.

Things change, plans change, priorities change. They likely don't want to set an expectation that they're not 100% going to adhere to. Hence the lack of an advanced "Heads up".
    • Like x 7
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You forgot the "It's just a reskin of X power set!!!!1!!" comments and threads. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I'm not sure, but I think they are trying to figure out why absorb heat of Fire can't be cancelled
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Artfacts,TCs,BBs And New episodes has been the style as of late which is why me and a handful of friend's either quit or on a break.

This is the start of a new year and I want to see something special with dcuo but until thing's change I'm on my long break. I do hope they do something to freshen thing's up a bit.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Since I don't know any Might Sorcery or Mental players, have the new artifacts made any difference in the play of other one of these power sets? Or is that a whole 'nother thread?
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not a glitch or anything, it's always been that way.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sorcery feels a touch stronger with the artifacts. However, it still falls behind other powers in many cases, and it sure as hell feels weak in the Duo. I'm not even talking about scorecard comparisons, that second boss fight in the duo is extremely painful with Sorcery especially if your partner is weaker than you. I can usually carry weaker players with other powers, but with Sorcery it was brutal. The only thing that saved me from a fourth wipe the other day was replacing Fury with Guardian (my partner was a Munitions player of close CR). Also, if other players are using the same or similar artifact set ups, it's kind of a wash.

When I was using Mental after the revamp, not only was it on the weak side of things, but there was the double-triple casting issue with certain abilities. It became next to impossible to do a proper rotation when certain moves cast more than once instead of the next one you're trying to trigger. It made all efforts futile.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ascended Well-Known Player

I too would like a heads up about upcoming plans. Not just powers but everything they're looking to do for 2020.

However, when they've announced their long-term plans it tends to not go well. Stuff takes longer to come out than expected (Water took like, a whole extra year), some stuff never happens at all (like Serums), and the whole time you've got the players nagging about when X or Y is arriving. And I mean, we get excited about the new plans and content and we get impatient, I get that. It's actually a good thing that we get so impatient because it shows we're interested. But then we go from impatient to nasty, and we derail every conversation and livestream with the same "when is it coming? / why isn't it like this instead?" questions and it often gets rude and mean and out of hand. So I can't blame the devs for keeping things closer to the chest these days.

But for real, I would really love to get an idea of what 2020 will bring. I don't need details or release dates, just tell me "Yeah, we think we wanna do X,Y,Z this year, maybe, unless we get a better idea."

As far as powers go, I don't expect much. We really should get a balance pass on everything but I don't figure they'll re-invent the wheel, add new powers, or even new Iconic powers. I'll be happy with a balance pass, honestly. I'd love a new power but I don't think that's in the cards at all.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

At this point my Sorc toon is my 4th alt so he dosen't have a lot of SP and I'm not looking to change his Artifacts but I wondered if Final Ruin (which used to be one of the best finishers) was being used with La-Mort Card and getting good results.