Bonus currency weekend announcement?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johnny DCUO, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

So we don't even get an announcement anymore, about the bonus currency weekend?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Never mind the fact that it's the day after a major holiday and the number of available people at the office to post the details could be low? ;)
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

It's listed in the upcoming events post
    • Like x 1
  4. Dmitri Active Player

Yes and it said episodes 34,35 double currency
  5. Gromm865s Active Player

Where are you seeing which episodes for double?

I've looked around in the announcements forum and just see this
    Bonus Currency Weekend
    • December 26-29, 2019
    • Ends with server restarts on December 30, 2019.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

http://twitter.com/DCUO/status/1210209959172071424
    • Like x 1
  7. Dmitri Active Player

• Like x 1
  8. Dmitri Active Player

It says in the link's description I sent you
    • Like x 1
  9. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

^This.
    I don't use twitter, cause there is a forum just 4 DCUO. So I would have thought we would have an announcement here. :p
    • Like x 2
  10. Dmitri Active Player

Well my friend it's the all answer I got 4 u ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

o_O
  12. EP Ice Loyal Player

I’ve learned that you have to check that Upcoming Announcements thread every week because they’ll update that before any formal announcement.
  13. Dmitri Active Player

They use twitter reddit discord for community I got link from discord n directed to Twitter which is I think u may need it sir
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  15. mrcheap Well-Known Player

That link said the double currency is for the two old episodes. Does that mean there will not be a double Christmas currency event as it has less than a week to go? Does anyone even run that old content? Is there anything worth getting from them?
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It is always like this. The current episode has its own double (or triple) currency
    It is always like this. Older episodes get a a double currency weekend, and the current episode gets its own separate double (or triple) currency weekend (which tends to be when they add new stuff to the vendor).

As for whether or not there will be a double Christmas currency event - well they haven't announced one, so nobody knows.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They don't do double seasonal mark weekends.
    • Like x 2
  18. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

• Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Older content is still relevant for a lot of my alts, and newer players may have characters that aren't at end game yet.
  20. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Thanks for this information. I was away for two years and have done nothing for either of these chapters. What could I do that is worthwhile in them in a weekend? For example right now the three Thanagar daily quests are fantastic value takes 10 minutes to get three loot crates. The first time you play through the Thanager stuff you get five artifacts. Is there something similar with these?