DCUO Episode 36: Metal Part 2 - Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Found this collection on the Hawkgirl fight in Phoenix Cannon raid
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm pretty much done with the guide, for now. I hope you all enjoy it and find it useful.

If you happen to figure out which bosses any of the collections are dropping from and would like me to add them to the guide, please feel free to post and I'll get around to adding them at some point. Ideally, if you could share a screenshot of your loot picker, that would be greatly appreciated too, as it provides a solid confirmation of your findings, especially if it has key markers that make it identifiable, such as the case with Jade's screenshot that signifies it happened at the end of the 1st boss fight in the Phoenix Cannon raid.

As it's Christmas time, I have let my subscription lapse and I'll be taking my usual Christmas sabbatical to enjoy other games and chill out for a while. I'll still be covering the Anniversary Event, though, if you depend on me for your first looks at new stuff coming to DCUO.

I will probably still be looking at covering any additional rewards for Episode 36 in video form, but we'll see. I have to grind the currency in order to make those videos and I was hoping to detach completely from DCUO over the festive period. But I'll see how I feel.

Due to this, I'm not eligible to receive the Omnipotent item. So I'd appreciate it if someone (or multiple people) could either write up a guide for me to share in the main body of this one, or just feed the information to me so I can do it myself (if I have time). Information such as what the catalysts are called, where they drop, how many you need etc. Bonus points for high-res screenshots of the catalyst icons, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some rare drops that I have been unable to feature, as they are distributed via RNG.

According to forum member Brother Allen, there's a Dark Robin Back-Up trinket which can be acquired from the Into the Dark Multiverse raid. The version he ran was the Elite version but I'm not sure if you can get it in the regular version as well. You can see his screenshot in this post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/metal-part-ii-new-rare-henchmen-drop.305853/

Another rare drop is the Blackout Uplink Device. This version of the Orbital Strike trinket uses the same visuals as are used by The Dawnbreaker. This item dropped from the final boss of The Phoenix Cannon raid, I'm not sure if it was the regular or Elite version, though. Here is a video, courtesy of Penryn:

If you guys see anything else or find any more information, feel free to let me know :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your help :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Iconic Founder New Player

Got "Bobo's Broken Magnifying Glass" from the last boss in Phoenix Cannon raid, forgot to take a pic... its a purple collection
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the OP item. Does the initial drop only come from the disabled raid or can you get it from the active raid?
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I got the dark construct bat pet from the 1st boss in the alert.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The Blackout orbital dropped for me in the regular version of Phoenix Cannon (last boss).
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It comes from the second raid, which should be enabled today :)
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea I got it last night when I ran it after they put it back on. Just need the material to rank it up now lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A leaguemate also got the dark construct bat pet in the 1st boss loot drop of the alert while we were running it together last night. Sorry I forgot screenshots but I promise that's accurate, lol.
  10. Domana Well-Known Player

Torn Bat-Chimp Cowl from the Universal Bleed collection dropped from the last boss in the alert. Happy hunting :)

[IMG]
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank you again for all the hard work you put into these guides. Enjoy you time off and hope to see you next year
  12. Domana Well-Known Player

Ultima Thule Ship Schematics dropped from the first boss of the alert. [IMG]
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Some screenshots of the dark construct bat. Great job on the model for it. I thought it was going to be a symbol or cartoon bat.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Do you or anyone know if you have to do the regular DM or if you can do the event version to get the initial op item drop?

Also, do you need the op item to get the feed items for it?
  15. BorysUSPS New Player

Anyone get Henchmen Uplink Dark Robins?
  16. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I believe it’s reg or elite only, I personally haven’t stepped in DM event to see if it drops in there

And you do not need the op belt item in your inventory for the dark metal ingots to drop, I get them on cr276+ alts just fine :)
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s perfect!! I’m assuming you have to be of cr to start getting them to drop. Just ran the raid on my 260 alt and didn’t get the drop. I have a barely 277 toon (got him there yesterday) to start getting drops for my main. Hopefully soon I’ll have 3 too s running dailies so that I basically triple my chances of getting the ingots and energy. My main is on stage 2 and has 6 energy so far lol
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

There is an “Arion’s Gate - Activated” base item, but not sure where it drops. It has the portal in the center that peers into Arion’s tomb just like in the alert. There is another, separate base item called only “Arion’s Gate”, but it’s closed with no portal.

There’s also “Framed Metal” base items for each of the cards used in the card game on the first boss of DM. They go under various names like The Knight, The Truth, The Boy, Young Justice, The Lovers, etc. I’m betting those are elite drops, but not sure.

I’m really surprised that so far there isn’t a base item for the boxes that have the nth metal inside (like those placed around the nth golem open world boss on Thanagar). That’s probably the only other thing I would like to see aside from the sparkly tenth metal material from the final boss fight of DM.
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You are wrong, such base item called "NTH Metal Container" ;) And there is the base items "Arion's Sarcophagus" and "Phoenix Cannon hologram" ;)
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ah! Didn’t know that! Thanks! :D