Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I've got a couple of things to sell too... but what it means is that if you want to try to sell it for a billion in the broker, chances are rather good that you'll be wasting your money in broker fees. Prices will have to come down in order for more people to be able to afford them. Will I be posting stuff in the broker? Oh yeah. Will it be at ridiculously high prices? Not on your life. Will I be doing it immediately? Only with the more common items. I'll wait with the rare stuff to see how that starts to play out.
    • Like x 2
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

yes those will be burnt to generate heat for the citizens during the hard winter.
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I haven't played the game in a very long time. Is there a new cash cap on the broker? I'm downloading the patches just to see if my Character is okay. It should be. I was never rich like everyone else.
  4. Regina Robin New Player

I'm thinking I didn't explain myself properly, let me try rephrasing it...
    Absolutely NO need for a 'lucky drop' of any sort to complete any collection. The concept of random drop being replaced with User Choice. Rather then a random drop, the player is awarded a chest from "X" collection that contains ALL of the collection, allowing them to choose whichever part of the collection they choose. Therefore, the maximum amount of 'drops' they would need is equal to the number of parts of said collection.
    If you need 12 pieces of "X" Collection to acquire "Y" material, you need only grind out the collection pieces and acquire them 1 at a time. No more opening 100's of TC's only to get the same (unwanted) pieces time and time again. The only requirement from the player is the commitment to actually grind out getting them in the first place. There already exists the method to do so (Stabilizer Event), so it's a simple matter of time and effort. So yes, you most certainly WOULD get the exact item you wanted/needed.
    Replay badges would be beneficial to those willing to purchase and use them, speeding up the process, but would NOT be mandatory in order to achieve the end result, which is completing the collection.

As long as you allow ingame cash and open trading, you will allow exploiters, gold sellers, etc etc an avenue they can and will exploit. As long as there is a way for cheaters to prosper, and/or dictate the economy, they will take the risks and do so. If you truly want to eliminate people from exploiting and otherwise cheating, you do so by removing their ability to do so. You can't sell ingame gold if it doesn't exist, and you can't use exploited gold to manipulate the economy, if there's nothing for you to buy or sell.

Having said that, I am not saying I think this "solution" is ideal. My original point, and I stand by it, is it WOULD instantly eliminate the problems we currently face as players. Goodbye gold sellers. Good bye chat bots. Goodbye hoarders, exploiters and broker manipulators. And hello to a truly level playing field.
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

That borderlines on privacy, so I doubt they'd do that. Can't say for sure though but if it sounds legit, must be legit.
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

NOT TODAY!

^ That's what you'll be seeing when I see:
    "WTT/WTB/WTS this or that for CashApp/PayPal/Venmo/Steam/ANY OTHER NON-TOS"

Bet your bottom dollar I'll be reporting everyone, it's nothing but /report and an alt-tab on pc to submit a ticket which is bookmarked. ~5mins to rid us of a plague that has negatively influenced this economy for far too long.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm not sure ignorant you understand me or are being sarcastic? The gold sites aren't any higher than they were in the past. Which means they are as affordable as they ever have been. And they made a ton of money then too. The only reason they were so cheap the last month was because random glitchers were pricing them out of the market selling literally tens of billions for mere $20 gift card. It was all over Trade Chat. The gold sites are probably more than happy to be able to sell their gold at a mark up from what they've been able to over the last while. Also DCUO is probably on the low end of their business. These sites sell gold for darn near every game under the sun. They have money to spare. It's going to be hell to get rid of them
  8. Proxystar #Perception

They still have to store their money on an account somewhere, I highly doubt it was spread out too significantly and in any case their money storage toons, whereever it's being kept will now have been dropped to 22bil as a max, their prices are already skyrocketed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Regina Robin New Player

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make. Eliminate the ability to exploit, and you eliminate the exploiters. They move on to the next game and it's business as usual for them. But for us... it's a victory (and the ability to actually chat without being constantly spammed).
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

No, I think you are missing it. For $#!+$ and giggles I went to one of their sites... 200 mil was about $20 before this whole debacle... it's now about $200. Want $1 billion? What used to be around $100 is now around $900.
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

22bill.....per character. That's just one account. There's a few trillionaires out there celebrating on discord lol
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I hope you're right, but as of now it looks like the exploiters won again.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

As Mepps said if you know the details of their in game accounts, send him the details.
  14. Mova40 New Player

I have been playing since beta and this is the second economy adjustment. I recently went over $1billion through years of selling items legitimately. Don't assume everyone that has a lot of cash didn't put their work in. This economy adjustment seems better than the last so I'm for it. If someone has $22billion and can buy anything they want in the broker then more power to them if they put their work in to make that money. You are not going to afford rare drops if you just started playing the game and you shouldn't be able to get them without some level of effort of getting lucky playing or saving to get it from the broker. (My $.02)
  15. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

So people are still allowed to keep BILLIONS of the cheated money? Doesn’t sound like a very good fix as prices will still be insanely high and nobody needs that kind of money on this game unless they want to inflate item prices by controlling the broker. Honestly a wipe down to 500 Mill would have been fine, tho this is more like a little bandaid than an actual fix. So is their entire account taxed down to 22 Billion or by toon? Would be crazy if they had 16 toons with 22 Bill on each or secondary accounts with multiple toons and end up having billions on each of those too. Speaking of which this “fix” also doesn’t really put a stop to the gold site spammers either....and it is a one time cap not a permanent measure to prevent issues like this from happening again when it has already happened twice in this game. Glad to see the devs do something about it I guess, tho kinda disappointed how it was handled. Are the people who were banned back or did they get permabanned? Would suck if they only got a little slap on their wrist, got to keep 22 Billion of cheated money per toon, and are now back and controlling the broker again.
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The tax is based on the total for whole account, not the individual characters. Mepps also said that this is just the first step, and other steps will be taken over the next year.

No, they don't get to keep 22 billion per toon. Maybe for the whole account.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

We are paying for the sins of pos exploiters, honest players got screwed the worst & there is nothing anyone can do about it. we all agreed to the TOS.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  19. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Can't wait to see the new catalysts going for 9999999999 in the broker.
  20. Isif Committed Player

Who's gonna pay that listing fee? Highrollers got destroyed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.