Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zneeak Devoted Player

"earning money legit" doesn't really matter if you earn too much to the point where you can intentionally and purposefully manipulate and control pricing across the broker and trade that affects the rest of the playerbase. NOBODY, no matter HOW MUCH they spend or don't spend, are entitled to be in such situation. Especially when in the situation of an exploit and inflation due to all that money.

If somebody had so much money that they ended up "losing" a good portion due to these tax implementations, it really only means that they already had more than enough to begin with. Players love to call the "greed"-card on the Devs but then situations like this comes up, lol.
    • Like x 3
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They didn't get gutted, their competition did, for now. They are back to what they were charging before this mess when they were competing with glitchers in game giving out billions for $20 gift cards. Those sites are multi million dollar machines, guaranteed they were well prepared for this. Only a full wipe will truly get rid of them for a while, but they will pop back up like roaches lol
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They probably got caught in the first wave like many others. But they all got their accounts back intact. Tell your friend to contact the Devs if he still plans on coming back to play
  4. Tarif Committed Player

*Just here Eating popcorn, sitting on My Dragon's hoard of rares, waiting until I can start controlling markets again tomorrow*
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly

They stated it quite nicely imo - to paraphrase "those who had the most money will STILL have the most.. just not a atupidly high amount"

That seems fair, in my opinion, especially to ppl who had very low bilions or high millions
    • Like x 2
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh, I don't doubt it... but when you consider that the maximum amount of money each account will have at the time the system comes back up is 21,775,000,000, the gold sellers will find their "bank accounts" wiped too. They'll have to spend time building up stores of it... creating even more accounts so they can spread things out further... that kind of thing. It will be a while before their prices come back down to where people can actually afford to spend money with them again... so I think we'll see the shout box, LFG, etc, with fewer advertisements for them... at least for now. :)
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

So if they have 10 characters with 100M each it's counted as 1B right? Not 100M so they get no taxes. That's how I'm reading it.

Trying to remember how much they were charging before the mass insanity...$10 for 20M?

1B / 20M = 50 x $10 = $500. So for every billion taken from them they would conceivable lose $500 in sales.

If they are left with 22B ($11,000) then they're still going to have a huge amount of assets at their disposal.

This, of course, isn't figuring in if a person has multiple accounts, then it gets even more staggering.

It might be a good idea to see if anyone opened up several accounts just to transfer money to them. Wouldn't that be considered money laundering? :D

-----

Which then brings up my big question...

DEVS: How about a nice chart showing us how many players fit into each of the categories! So we know exactly how many people were at each level.
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Yeah..just laugh like me...“council”....lmao!
    • Like x 1
  9. sheriffgoff Level 30

awesome thank you for the reply
  10. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

When I dared to propose something like that, Mepps himself replied (I'm quoting): "What makes you think we can tell people what they can or cannot do with their cash".
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Your friend should definitely contact CS so we can check it out, but... (Hint: that didn't really happen)
    • Like x 5
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Actually yes, it is proportionally taken from anywhere you had cash. I am...not going to try to explain that.
    • Like x 3
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Whoops, almost couldn't post because of a new script-blocker I installed.

I just wanted to agree with all who would have been happier with stricter action. Making the cap $500,000,000 seems reasonable to me. I think if all the inflation of the past five years hadn't taken place, few, if any, would have been able to have legitimately made more than that just on trading items.

Heck, I'd be even happier with a cap of $250,000,000, but I realize that that would affect too many players, which is only a sign of how bad the problem became.

I'm also unclear how it will have any negative effect on those whales who stocked up on items, rather than fungible cash, and who now have multiple accessories, materials, rare auras and special cosmetics, etc., to sell.

(Disclosure: I have at least a few items to sell, myself.)
    • Like x 2
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's OK... I know what you mean. Math gets harder later in the day. :D
  16. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Opinions are like toilets, everyone is bound to **** on one sooner or later.

I'm fine with this, it was drastic but does address it reasonably.

@Dev's so the screenshots and some said vids exist where players have had 94bil cash, can we take it by your statement above the the richest player in-game will have no more than 22bil? I'd just like to get that straight now so if we see someone with 30/40/50bil we know who to report.
    • Like x 1
  17. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Several people mentioned this yet you single me out. Odd. Your opinion of my observation is uninteresting and simplistic. Select another target.
  18. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Not exactly sure if this has been asked yet because I'm not about to read through 10 pages of dialect... but, what's the point of having the broker cap at $999,999,999 if players can just open trade and ultimately charge whatever they want? I know the trade window has a cap as well but players can open that window as many times as they want to reach the agreed upon transaction. If the broker was the only way to make in-game currency then that would immediately destroy gold sites and the select few players that try to monopolize the economy.

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As of when the servers came up, yes. Folks will soon be buying and selling and trading again.
    • Like x 2
  20. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Now this is a response with some meat on it thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.