Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...those are really non-good ideas.
    1) remove cash....sure, as a 1 time measure, it would level the playing field but in game cash gives people a way to accumulate the items that otherwise the only way is to drop RL money and pray to RNGsus to smile upon you.
    2) same thing....account bounding items means the only way to get a style piece, collection, base item, etc is to spend RL money on TCs, Replays or countless hours hoping to get lucky with a drop. Suggesting either of these things means the average player will end up going without the things they are not lucky enough to get as a drop, OR will have to spend RL cash to increase their chances. Neither of your options work without 3) Increase the drop rates on TCs and in runs (which adversely affects Stabilizer and replay sales....so THAT won't be happening)

Yeah, everyone has the same chance of getting things, but not the exact thing they need. No thanks....I like (and I think most do) the option of grinding out one thing to trade for another, be it with running alts to get items to sell and purchase in the broker, or to get valuable items to sit on and trade for things you are missing later. Yeah, there will always be those who can take advantage of the same system that benefits the honest player, but that's life.

You'd probably suggest taking away all knives because someone down the street from you got stabbed, but I know from experience that making a PB&J sandwich with your bare hands is way worse than using a knife....so I'll stick with having one and take my chances.

Reinheld
  2. mrcheap Well-Known Player

No matter what they did some people would be angry but players need to remember it was cheating players that caused this problem and Daybreak is trying to fix the mess players made. I have a couple of million and felt rich like I could buy everything I actually needed, no idea how people have billions!
  3. OVERCAP Level 30

I spend plenty of IRL money on this game, yes i love this game a lot. It sucks to see money taxed for people who didnt do anything, and earned their money legit. Im glad it wasnt a wipe to 100m or anything cause i would of quit. Anyways onto what i wanted to ask you @Mepps Are we going to be rewarded with anything for waiting patiently while the broker is disabled? and also can i has the SMr30 crown ? :D JKJK even though i love the look of it :( Ty again for trying to better this community and make the game better.
  4. shabbleflab New Player

Hello.

Thanks for fixing the problem. Can you please advise on when we can expect the broker to once again be available?

Thank you.
  5. drzedd New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Django Unchained Level 30

Are those tax dollars going to be used to improve Gothem neighborhoods?
    • Like x 10
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

And I'm hoping to see some action taken to deal with those problems too. But today it was apparently just about pulling fake money out of the system. This wasn't a economy fix, this was only a fix for the excess cash caused by this specific exploit.

Hopefully the devs are good to their word and we see more effort put into fixing the economy over the next few weeks/months.
    • Like x 2
  8. August Moon Well-Known Player

only unanswered question i have now is what about the cash site gold sellers
    • Like x 4
  9. Tzalim Level 30

Exactly!
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have under 100 million. I've given up the feat chase for items. I'm going to have to spend my money just to get nano-Alfreds which will probably 10 million or so on the broker.
  11. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Well, in looking at one of them their prices are now in the $200-$2000 range for varying amounts of money. Want to buy $1 bil from them? Be prepared to shell out $900.00.

The gold sellers got gutted big time.
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

I'M SAFE!!!:D
    • Like x 1
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Nothing is ever done perfectly and I'm not saying some mistakes probably weren't made, but this sounds like BS
  15. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

I've helped Batman stop the Joker (and Batman's own dopplegangers from multiple dimensions) and all I get is roughly $2500? I thought Bruce Wayne was rich! lol

Seriously, there needs to be a way to gain greater cash rewards for doing superheroic things throughout the game. Maybe there's a way to institute a bounty system (a la the Central City Bounties) for Iconic Superheroes that are higher levels in difficulty but yield rich rewards. Or maybe an eight-man instance we can queue up for daily (or weekly depending on the monetary value you would receive) that allows us to fight a raid-level challenging boss fight with a brief storyline behind it. And to prevent flooding of cash into the economy, you won't be able to use replay badges on it (unless DB wants more revenue that way).

There's a solution to be had...just have to figure it out.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xritox New Player

So are you just banning people for having to much money? I personally know someone that had there character banned that has not been active since September???
  17. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps, how effective was this corrective action? I see cash is still being sold via chat large amounts for fractions of a dollar.
  18. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

You don't get an apology. The glitch was the devs fault. The economy becoming broken was the players fault. So no you don't get an apology. You get your money taken to fix the mess we players caused.
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. SP TEMP New Player

Mepps, I did not exploit yet i was banned. I just sold thing on the broker. And had friend give me cash who was either leaving the game or trading things....I didn't even know about a money hack until the day before the brokers went down. I'm a truck driver and so this game is my only escape from that crappy life. I had to create a new account, but I can't PM you or start a conversation....how can I give u
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.