Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Still no broker? Says "internal broker error" in game. What is the point if still no broker?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I get it but there was and I assume will be trade chat available again soon. Use that, it will take longer but it will probably save you plenty of cash. If you're solely playing to make cool costumes, I'm sure there's ways of doing it that keep you off the broker. The game was made to play the game and they also gave us a broker and trade ability. This isn't a broker game that you can also run missions on. I'll be checking on anti monitor prices and if they're ridiculous, I'll get the choice to sell mine and not bother with op till later or I can trade them to a normal player for something of a realistic equal value. Everyone's in here asking for everyone else to do something about the situation instead of talking about what the player base can do to fix it all. Gold sellers will go away if nobody buys right? But instead, we need the option taken away from us to not do the wrong thing
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, is my font super small for everyone or just me lol
  4. Bliss1701 New Player

Broker will be back up tomorrow. :)
  5. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Trading, mailing Cash and Broker should be back up tomorrow from what MEEPS said earlier in the thread.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This was a one-time action that is now complete.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So the underlying implication is, this is a first step, and not a one-time solution, are we correct in assuming that?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The sums are taken at the account level, so alts are already included.
    • Like x 2
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Part of the problem is also once you hit a certain point in the game SP wise, and the sometimes long time in between content, there is really
    Nothing else to do in this game but play the economy game. Sell collections, exobytes, exo mats, catalysts, and styles you no longer need. Buy now sell later. The game itself unintentionally kind of fosters this wannabe Wall Street mentality. I pay for a year sub, I'm going to find something in the game to keep me occupied in between content. But there are always the ones who will take it too far. The last couple episodes have been pretty short and I am enjoying it.

Also dealing with glitchers and gold sellers is a never ending battle. I want them gone from this game as bad as anyone else, but I think some people have unrealistic expectations on how to deal with them. Gold selling and hacks/glitches are literally a multi million dollar industry. People devote every waking minute to finding exploits in almost every mmo game out there. As soon as you find a way to deal with them, they already have another exploit or workaround going. Like I said it's a never ending battle and a lot of games can't compete with the resources behind some of these things
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please feel free to send me their information / character name.
    • Like x 12
  11. Samantha Christiano Active Player

Maybe we need to turn off our emotions and use more intellect to figure something to say in response.

My response: as long it don't affect my real life money. I have bills to pay.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They will be returned in the mail as expired once the broker is turned on again.
    • Like x 8
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please feel free to send me their character names. I suspect they won't be laughing that long.
    • Like x 17
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Another way to fix economy is a gear rank system. Loot lock the map ur main runs. so u can't run it on alt toons. This will fix the mass item problem. Put time cap styles in last boss ko in maps. Take mark system out of dcuo for good. Gain exp for gear through koing adds and bosses depending on group rank level. Say bye to elite content and let the gear rank system determine the difficulty the group will have. When will we hear about this quality of life change. Ur game is getting harder and harder on new players with every new ep I hope u guys are aware
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

Mepps, THANK YOU SO MUCH for not bending to this request. Arbitrary caps are horrible for any economy and would have disastrous effects. You are absolutely right in not bending to this. I think you should look into eliminating the 1B cap as well, and make all trade go through the broker.

But, for real, thank you.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Well, interesting.

I personally don't think you've gone far enough but as I've always said it is the developers preorgative, I'm certainly interested to see how you go with improving the overall economy in the game in 2020 if that's what you're alluding too and I'd like to pass thanks to you and the developers for actually addressing the situation at all.

I hope you and the other devs have a great Chrismas and New Years, Mepps. ;)
    • Like x 4
  17. Regina Robin New Player

I understand this 'fix' is very much not the whole answer. I don't see it 'fixing' much of anything at all, as those that exploited and cheated will only lose a potion of what they basically stole from other players. Thus still enabling them to control (and inflate) the economy.
    Yes, I understand there were 'other actions' taken, but I'm willing to bet the majority of these cheaters took elaborate steps to cover their tracks and will go mostly unpunished. it becomes much more tempting to rob a bank, if the worst you can expect if caught, is to have to return only a portion of what you stole. Doesn't exactly discourage people from cheating in the first place, does it?
    I understand the devs and other 'powers that be' are researching long term solutions, and on that note, I'd like to put forth my ideas. I'm fully aware my suggestions will be hugely unpopular, especially amongst those that cheat, but if the true goal is to 'fix the economy', these solutions would do just that.

1: Completely remove ingame cash from the game.
    The only legitimate necessity (currently) for ingame cash, is to buy soder colas and repair gear. So ensure all bases and HQ's come default equipped with a soder cola supplier that can repair gear. Players could still have repair bots for 'on the fly' repairs during raids, etc etc... and the cash award for completing instances could easily be replaced with the awarding of repair bots, to ensure all players have ample access to them.

2: Make ALL items account bound.
    This would entail making a radical change to how items are awarded in the first place. My suggestion would be to remove the random element and instead institute a user choice. For example... a player earns a collection piece for "X" Collection. Instead of being given a random part of the collection, they would be awarded a chest of some sort allowing them to choose which collection piece they want. So if "X" Collection contains 12 pieces, if would be necessary only to earn these chests 12 times.
    This would eliminate the frustration of opening countless time capsules to acquire complete collections, while enabling ALL players to complete collections and acquire the items they desire.

These suggestions may seem harsh, but they directly address the issues players face everyday, and they FIX them... they don't just put a bandaid on them, they immediately and permanently remove the problem.

Gold spammers and other 3rd party gold sellers are immediately and permanently made redundant. With nothing to 'sell' they will move on to other platforms, and stop polluting our chats everyday.
    Hoarders, exploiters, and those seeking to control the economy and inflate prices, have no option to do so.
    ALL ill gotten gains are permanently removed from the game when ingame cash is removed. This not only truly punishes those that cheated, it also does not punish, in any way, those that did not cheat.
    These options allow ALL players an equal and fair opportunity to acquire ANY item in the game simply by grinding for it. This is not only fair, it's a staple of gaming. Real gamers have no issue with grinding things out when they want something badly enough.

I understand and appreciate the devs are trying to resolve the issues, and I am grateful for that. This is truly an amazing game, and I hope it continues for years to come. Fixing the problems DCUO faces is not easy, and I wish the devs all the best of luck. I'm sure whatever is decided, will be as fair as possible to all players.
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think the only people that win in all this are the people that did the money glitch because they keep more money then most and the gold selling websites because they'll increase their prices to see the billions maybe trillions they'll still have. I think knocking everyone down to 100 million and stopping trading of money would of done more good.
    • Like x 1
  19. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

ty
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Folks who exploited have been dealt with separately. Again, if you have concerns or suspicious there, send them my way.
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.