How to keep my in-game money safe?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Al Bundy, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

You bought a digital item that was always subject to the terms and conditions in that you never owned it and you converted it to virtual cash you also never owned.

So technically you're entitled to nothing and are subject to whatever Daybreak decide is necessary, if anything.
    • Like x 3
  2. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Pretty much a bullseye right here.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mukkah New Player

You are right in that they can decide what to do with the virtual items we aquire. The problem for me is they came up with the TCs system to make more money. Then they put ultra rare items in the TCs which a player can spend hundreds of dollars chasing. Not a problem....l will chase because l can turn the extra items in to in-game cash. If they then decide to erase all that cash they are basically deleting
  4. UVLN Level 30

So many broke players trying to speak for everyone, give back your illegally gotten money, but I earned mines and do not want them to rob me
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So many economically ignorant players who don't realize hyper-inflation robs them more than a cash wipe ever could.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

They can erase anything they want though, what if they sunset the game tomorrow? You should always, certainly so in my opinion, approach any game with the mindset that it is limited time entertainment.

It isn't an investment it is transient entertainment that at any time might end, buying items or spending money thinking you'll keep it forever is setting yourself up for disappointment in the first place.

I also don't say this to discourage you from spending, far from it, simply to change your mindset on exactly what it is you're buying in the first place.
    • Like x 4
  7. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Absolutely true. We do not own the game. We just rent space to play here. The DEVS set the rules and anyone who finds those rules unacceptable can just leave.
    • Like x 2
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I was already discouraged from spending. The current fiasco has not done anything to change that.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The biggest one the cool kids are likely to try is to delete their characters and attempt to then use the pay restore character feature to restore it after any wipe. Oh oops, somehow Mepps got tagged into that, my bad...

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Dene Devoted Player

If they do a wipe.. this is the level of thorough i'd want it to be.. even without notice ppl have already started "contingency" plans, i'm sure.

I don't want a wipe.. but I also do not want to work this weekend but have to :( - life sux

If they are going to wipe it.. wipe it all out thoroughly
    • Like x 1
  11. Hollows Active Player

Only a s
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes. This is DC. Not Disney.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aspirit Active Player

This is why I vouch for the money reset. And why you should too.

The money needs to be reset not for the sole purpose that trillions were dumped but because the players who own the bad money can buy and manipulate the game (economy) items forever. This is the reason it cannot stand its against game regulation in any mmo.

The devs are working to implement a fix, they know everything and I believe the game will not be held hostage by the new oligarchs against all terms of agreements that make the game fair for everyone.
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Perhaps not. But that does not change the fact that none of the players own the game , nor do we make the rules. The DEVS do and their's is the last call on those rules. Sort of like an umpire. We can follow the rules, or as customers, we can always leave. I suspect most who don't like the DEVS solution will complain and threaten to leave...most will not. But that is just my opinion.

(BTW, I'm more Klingon than Sith ;))
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes. The time capsule/replay badge glitch was in a sense stealing real world money from Daybreak. Why would someone messing up an already messed up economy get any worse?
  15. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

soder enhancers 9k /99 lol fill that inventory up with em if ya scared youll lose money. im pretty sure they are on that too tho, I personally dont think they are gonna wipe money i think theyll implement hella parameters tho and a big tax increase on broker to clean money idk idc. It is what it is I need these collections thoooooooooo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.