Dev Discussion Episode 36: Batscape (Duo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius Twist Active Player

I just ran the duo on the Switch and was able to bypass every cutscene. It's a good'un!
  2. JackFrost Developer

Thanks y'all! For what it's worth, we wanted to give the option to skip the longest cut-scenes, but there are a number of ones we left in because we didn't feel like they were too long. Shout-out to Charon for helping get some of those set up while I was on vacation :)
    • Like x 2
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

its working now, thx.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just had to restart duo because the door after second boss WOULDN’T OPEN. The adds died, the door stayed closed. Why?! We used the cutscene skip. Maybe that broke it. Who knows with this game?
  5. JackFrost Developer

Hey! Sorry this happened. You finished the fight but the door didn't open? Did you get loot? Did Barbatos say his line when you were successful, and then did Batman despawn? Additional info may help me figure out what happened.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

We got loot, went into the corridor. Some Bane guys were in there. We killed them but the door into that big room with the bar stayed shut. All the enemies had spawned in there according to the radar, but the doors wouldn’t open. :(
    • Like x 1
  7. CraccaGeneral Active Player

Same happened to me earlier. Barbatos was still in air dropping orbitals. Batman was still there. Everything else was down. No loot drop. Doors to the next hallway never opened so we were stuck in the theater.
  8. JackFrost Developer

This was the Event mode?

You said that you skipped the cams in that map...

CraccaGeneral, did you also skip the cams? I'm trying to see if there's a common thread. Also, it seems like you're saying you got gated in the Theater, but 9001BPM is saying that they got gated in the hallway after the Theater in Crime Alley?
  9. CraccaGeneral Active Player

This was the regular version. Yes, we skipped the cams on first run. I was stuck in theater. In the 2nd run we didn't skip the cams because I thought that may have somehow caused the issue. Not sure if it is the cause but it solved the problem for me and 2nd run went fine.
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Why can't we have the option to watch cutscenes or skip them before we even enter the que. Also the option to inspect people's gear before we even enter to see what artifacts they are wearing. I like the skipping cutscene option but when you pug run 90% of the time people don't know about it. In the future can we try to have cutscenes before even entering the content? A lot of time wasted watching these things
  11. BSEison Well-Known Player

I ran this twice (event version) last night with 2 different characters and encountered some cut scene errors. On my first run, TBWL and his dark robins did not appear during the opening cutscene. There were no issues with the fight after or progressing thru the rest of the duo. On my second run, Barbatos had issues with his appearance a couple of times, appearing late or fading out while speaking. Again there were no issues with the game play just in these brief cut scenes.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Which door? I just had the same problem but it was the room before the small corridor that leads outside to Crime Alley, where the last boss is. Me and the other player skipped cutscenes in case that is of relevance.

We tried warp rally several times but both of us and Batman were still locked from approaching the outside area/last boss.
  13. JackFrost Developer

Sorry that you're seeing intermittent gates in the halls, folks. I've been investigating the issue further, and don't see the smoking gun in the way things are set up, and am unable to reproduce the issue, but I'm going to be adding some safeguards to prevent you all from getting gated in the halls of the Crime Alley map. These changes likely won't go out to the live server for a couple of days unfortunately. Thanks for the reports nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  14. not_again Dedicated Player

This happened to me as well. We did not skip the cams in the first room, but one person skipped cams at the second boss and the other person did not. Hope this helps!
  15. JackFrost Developer

The patch to prevent you from getting gated should have gone out today. Please let me know if you see any issues moving forward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.