Economy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zekivas, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Zekivas New Player

I've been seeing alot of either pro or anti cash wipe pro this or anti that and have seen no one try and actually give a good example of a good compromise so here's mine looking from both sides

-Step 1: make all cash account wide< obviously needed
    -Step 2: no more mailing money between any characters< this is a big blow to money sellers while step 1 makes this feature unecessary.
    -Step 3: cap all broker sales at 50 mill taking into account all platforms economies, this will effectively limit how fast people can get to the cap
    -Step 4: create money cap at 500mill< this will force anyone with more than the cap to spend it til they are below cap to be able to earn money again and this also locks them from selling at the broker as well
    -Step 5: let steps 3 and 4 deflate the economy

This is a compromise that neither side will like but it will fix most problems. I know people won't like the aspect of a cash cap but its entirely necessary to make the economy fairer for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gigi Bear Active Player

-Step 6: Go out , and make money. Stop crying cause you're broke. Earn it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Step 1 is unrelated to the economy. People have been asking for the ability to put money into a shared bank slot, and this would be quite useful for transferring larger sums of money within the same account. As an aside, increasing the number of available-to-buy shared bank slots would also be a big help.

Step 2... not necessarily a bad idea.

Step 3... Will not work as long as you can trade money between characters... and that capability will be coming back once DBG puts in a few safeguards against further glitching.

Step 4... See Gigi Bear's Step 6.
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Regarding step 3: what do you propose they should offer legendary members to replace their unlimited cash? I mean, if they are removing one of the benefits of subscription, they need to find something else to keep people subbing.
    • Like x 2
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

I've made money the game, but you can't always run with whales and cheaters.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I think the Owlman's wife needs to pluck some of his feathers.

jk
    • Like x 3
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  8. Awsome Well-Known Player

Step 1 and 2 are fine, but this step.... NOOO! I hate putting artificial caps on anything, and all it would do is make the whole vendor thing a joke.

Almost everything posted would just arbitrarily be listed at 50M, because, thats what it is. No one would ever sell ultra rare items on the broker. This would make the black market in this game so much worse than it already is.

I actually think that they should take the 1B cap away. Everything should just go through the broker, where it can be regulated, and fees can be levied to help remove cash from the game.

Same goes with step 4. Please no arbitrary cash caps. Its not good for any economy, especially game economies.
    • Like x 1
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

The and in my sentence supplies the answer to your question.

But there can be people that are both.
    • Like x 1
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

They should just put all those threads in the same place,it's waay to many allready.
  11. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

If they remove unlimited cash, they should add account wide unlocks for any and all styles collected. That would be a nice balance and be a thing a lot of us have been asking for, for a long time.
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Is cash truly unlimited right now though? If there already is a cap, all that would be done is moving down to way less absurd amount
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I am not broke, I have lots of money all of it earned...most before the last few months, I still cannot buy things I'd like from this TC because they are ludicrous priced if you can even find them. Most of the high end items are now held by the people who also held a majority of the dirty money. What incentive do they have to sell? To increase their 1 Trillion to 1 Trilliion + 200million dollars? That's like a millionaire worrying about selling his 76 pinto because it will bring in another 3 hundred bucks to the pile. When the next TC comes out will you be able to outbid any of those people, or will they just keep snagging everything up? Sure in a few years things would eventually re-distribute, but that's after a few years. You still have some people(in here) who think this latest stuff is from a just a money glitch in 2012 still lingering around. The options (for those who do not have a giant stockpile of items to sell) will be stupid luck with TCs... buying gold, or someone making a dumb post in the broker you can snag. 'The grind' will not be an option going forward as it always has been an option. Personally I've always worked the grind method vs the 'spend craptons of money on a game' method.

If we DON'T do a wipe, most of the honest players are screwed anyway (as far as the future holds)...even if they have a legit billiion+ amount. The people who caused the issue walk scott free. If we do some sort of correction, everyone is screwed temporarily...if done correctly, the people who caused it will be hit the hardest. I guess I want punishment for them more than I'm concerned for my own personal fortune.

Reinheld
  14. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Want to see how to make a game economy work? Eve online.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

If someone had an actual, new idea that might help...that might be one thing. But people don't read the previous threads, have an idea and then throw it out there just so it can get re litigated. Especially since there are so many uneducated opinions out there about how economics work/should work. It's virtually impossible to correct every wrong thing that's being said in these threads...and then people start bandwagoning. Yeesh. It's pretty awful at this point, since I'm fairly sure they've decided in a direction and are just implementing it now.

Could you imagine? The economic acumen displayed by many of the posters on the forums leads me to believe it would be a total rout. You basically have to be a sociopath that lives in a spreadsheet to cut it in EVE, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Actually meant number 4 - capping money. So no, Legendary players currently have no limit on how much money they have, and can use. It's actually listed as a Legendary benefit. So adding a cap would devalue the subscription.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I think all of these suggestions are valid and should be seriously considered. The idea is to make the economy accessible to the widest possible number of players. And NO I am not "poor" in game I have well over a billion in game cash and would have no objection to submitting to a cash and sales cap Good post!
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

1) and 2), sure. (although I like a shared bank better than account pooled money)
    3) no....even without the glitch we should expect the economy to grow and prices to inflate over time naturally. When the game started it took a week to grind out a few grand...now that's daily run. Vendor items also have increased as well as repair costs, rising costs within reason should be expected.
    4) double no. Same reason as above, we should expect to earn more money and accumulate wealth through hard work. What's happened here is money was injected in un-naturally. Fix that issue and return things to their natural state and there is no need for a cap...also it does remove one of the spiffs that people pay for monthly...which will probably hurt sub numbers. BTW This is the same theory as what we had when there was a 200 mark cap on source....which didn't force people to spend their marks...they just ran over unless the rent was due. I'd guess after filling up their inventories with soders and other things to sell, people would just let the cash spill over the 500mil mark. I think you'd see trade devolve into straight barter...which isn't altogether a bad thing, but we shouldn't need to take it that far.
    5) It wouldn't deflate the economy...it would flatten it out as everyone gets to 500mil, and would basically make the broker useless, which is again, something we pay for...maybe not directly, but people do enjoy the broker game in DCUO. I mean, if you can't have more than 500mil, and wanted to sell something for 10 mil...what?...you'd go to a vendor and buy soders or plans...clear out 10 mil cash space, then sell your item just to end up back at 500mil again? What's the point? Just say no broker at that point.

Reinheld
  19. Zekivas New Player

Having virtually no cash cap is what got us here in the first place so what was the point of this comment? The cash cap could be temporary until economy deflates enough then it can be removed to let the economy grow again but for the moment caps are necessary to force out all the "fake" cash that has made it's way into the economy. It's either this or completely wipe everyone's cash which is way to extreme putting into account the people who DIDN'T glitch and earned it legitimately.
  20. Zekivas New Player

Also as I thought mostly negative comments to this post. A solid reason this is what should happen over the next 3 months or so. Implementating these changes one or 2 at a time to slowly bleed the fake cash out. This also has the effect of deterring wannabe cash sellers from coming back. LIKE I SAID BEFORE "A good compromise is something everyone hates" you guys are proving my point with every negative post so...