May We Have an Official Word if a Cash Wipe is Coming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I consolidated all my cash to a single character to act as my trader mule. I also use it to send money to alts who need it, when they need it. And as of today mailing money even between characters on the same account has been deactivated. Now my mule has less than 300 million on her. And none of my others have more than 500k. But by disabling the mail trade of money they have officially broken the game. I have some characters I haven't gotten back to that have 0 cash or less than a couple thousand on them. As it stands I have 2 characters I can actually play because they already have the bases I wanted bought and stocks of Soder's on them and their banks. But as of today I consider this game broken and basically unplayable. As all the things you need just doing story stuff requires a bit of cash at minimum 15k just to get through the main story.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If they took my eggs and made an awesome omelette for me, I'd be grateful.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

They tipped a little. Money can't be sent to other characters via mail anymore, so there's no spreading your wealth between characters in preparation.

Maybe they'll make character money account-wide* like quarks and replay badges. That way we don't have to use mail to transfer money between characters anymore. Hopefully they'll fix the trade glitch/exploit and we can sell person to person again. After a wipe and everyone re-earns all their money down the line... if someone wants to buy something rare for more than the broker cap (and that money is "clean), the buyer and seller should have the right to buy and sell at whatever price they as two agreeing parties want.

Example: Someone wants to buy "Super Snearkers X" with an MSRP of $200, but they're sold out at every store and are rare. Someone who has them wants to sell them for $500. If the buyer doesn't want to wait for if/when they're restocked in stores, and is willing to pay the $500, it's their right to make that transaction.

(*Account-wide, not "account-bound" as some have been misusing that term. "Account-bound" would mean we couldn't even use it to buy/sell things on the broker or through trade.)
  4. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; no need to put that information out there for someone to take advantage of. That's like telling your customers where your new safe will be located and what the new combination will be shortly after you get robbed.

However, it would not surprise me if their solution affected everyone across the board; this is why cheating is not only wrong, it is selfish. Cheaters affect everyone in the long run.

We can only guess, watch and wait for the devs to conclude their investigations and make their final changes to how the broker/mail/trade window works and how items will be bought and sold going forward. Frustrating as that is, it is all we can do.

I think that allowing players to keep their money but make more items account bound is a softer blow than just wiping out everyone's cash and bank inventories. This would foster more inventory management; use it, move it or delete it. However, I think we would need more shared bank spaces in order to make that work. Hopefully the devs will think about that.
    • Like x 1
  5. rimvader Well-Known Player

"Set Escrow on on member's cash (1-3 bill), tax the withdraws from escrow 15-20%. Broker and trade capped at at 500 mill and both tax the 5%. Low the incentive of trillion in the bank and encourage sales.
    Scorched Earth cash wipe would hurt the honest and profit the guilty. Also it would kill TCs sales if people feel they were robbed by the company. Account bonding items can be damaging to players too."
    • Like x 2
  6. Merrun New Player

The whole idea of a cash wipe is so unfair. I have spent YEARS accumulating just under 300 million on one character who acts as my account bank (for 15 other characters). As (repeatedly) mentioned there has been a hold placed on mailing cash to other characters on the account (in order to balance the load). One doesn't control criminal activity by taking the assets of the frugal. Not even IRL. Please don't do this.
    • Like x 4
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd be curious to see the sales of stabilizers over the past week or two. this has to be cutting into it. i'm okay with a cash wipe but knowing how things tend to play out i'm not going to be okay if they somehow monetize how we go about doing this. an open cash cap has always been the strongest selling point to a sub. if we somehow have to start dealing with escrow and trade tokens...
    • Like x 2
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Saving my seat for when it happens.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The people who bought anything with real money got what they paid for. It's not Daybreaks or anyone else's fault we turned around and risked those items in a volatile market. Daybreak doesn't sell in game cash. If we buy something from the marketplace, then sell it in game, that's on us the player. Daybreak lived up to their end of the bargain by delivering what we paid for. Once we got turned around around sold that item, all bets are off.
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

But the best option does include a cash wipe on top of various other fixes already mentioned. You can't just leave literal trillions of glitched money in the economy and expect anything to be fixed no matter what they do.
  11. Gigi Bear Active Player

Cant wipe the cash. People buy 100,s of dollars in Stabilizers to get cash. That will cause Chaos. Broke people will be happy. but what about the person that spend real money to make DC money.
    • Like x 3
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I like the idea of escrow. People keep all their money but can only access a certain amount per day, probably somewhere between $100M and $500M or so. This essentially caps transactions unless people have enough trust in someone to make multiple payments over multiple days.

And before people light up the tiki torches on this idea, please be reminded that the entire idea is to deflate the economy so that prices drastically drop. If/when that happens, it should be incredibly rare for most players* to ever have a need for more than $500M in a single day.

*I don't count regular broker snipe-n'-sellers in with most players because, well, screw those guys, they are part of the problem.
    • Like x 2
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

So you'd be upset if they wipe the cash...ok.

I am pretty sure there will be a whole lot of people upset right now and feel like they did nothing wrong.

I also have read where some feel like a cash wipe would benefit the poor or the less unfortunate in the game.

While all may be a reality that one chooses to focus on, I have yet to hear how it will actually help or hurt anyone if they knocked off some zeros and took away the trillions, leaving players with millions will actually be any change.

If an item is viewed as out of range for broker players, it will remain out of place for them.

A cash wipe will likely reset the amount of cash in game, those with more will probably still have more, I don't truly know.

What I do know is that no matter what ever they do, it won't matter if the items sell for lesser zeros, people still will make their money while others will cry and moan because"it's not fair that, bla, bla, bla got RNG luck".

The adjustment, whatever they do will only have the effect of that the player wishes to focus on.

As someone who has no problem farming what I want to accomplish still will have value to me.

Not saying guilt or innocence, just saying it will not make lazy players all of a sudden beast grinders.

I also see a 2nd argument here concerning TC and the luck factor.

It may be a players prerogative to buy them to sell the reward.

But based off the luck factor, seems rather silly to me to even believe it will be a driving factor for the vast majority, due to inability to have a more fairer system (imo). One spends money for their own reasons, I will agree to that, but most who would want such items would not want it to sell, but to consume it.

So...to reiterate my interest, a fair cash wipe should be to restore the game to the point it would be in before the exploit and should be easily able to be calculated to what should be on the game, with adjustments to population, subscribers, and premium players absent escrow amounts, accumulated over the years since the first money exploit or to the beginning it won't much matter.

Once the broker is reinstated, rare items will still get the max listing price, someone will complain, and we should reply with helpful suggestions as to what to either farm or point them to ways to acquire said item.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I'm sorry I don't agree with an across the board cash wipe. I made my money by selling things on the broker. If they didn't want us making money that way they should have made all drops from the lootboxes as well as world drops bound to character or account. Which would also require them to alter the lootboxes to prevent duplicate drops.

If they do a Cash Wipe to all accounts I'm walking away. I've already canceled my All Access sub and my renewing it will depend on how they go about this.

If they want to get rid of the gold sellers. They need to get their lawyers working. Start suing these websites. And I understand most of them are Korean and or Chinese still it needs to be done. Shut them down, make it more expensive for them to operate than the cash their brining in and they will stop.

But if my Cash vanishes, after the hundreds I've spent on stabilizers to get the items I've sold on the broker. I and who knows how many will walk away from this game. And DCUO will be hurt perhaps enough to cause the game to finally die off.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are finalizing whatever actions need to be taken, and will share when final. The latest will always be in the announcement thread.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.