Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Somehow by the time of this writing, there's no standalone post in Joker's Funhouse about WW84,
    so I'd like to share my thoughts on the upcoming movie here (that nobody asked for, I know)
    Trailer:

It gives off a strong Lynda Carter show vibe so it'll probably play well with the nostalgia market
    At the very least it's going to be a wacky fun time and I guess it's safe to assume it will retain the strong heart the first one has.
    Personally, my expectation is low even though I will see it on opening weekend, since
    having read some... stuff on the internet that uhm, don't touch it,
    something about *spoiler* really squicks me out, Wondy's power display is baffling, and I worry what it would do to Cheetah's reputation as Diana's No.1
    (Look I know in DCUO Circe is her arch-nemesis but these movies with their god-genocidal way you're probably not going to see her on the big screen as she is spectacularly here so don't yell at me)

Imaginary response: So you've decided you won't be a fan of the movie, just keep your opinions in Off-Topic so none of us has to read it!
    Well the reason I post it here is that I assume there will be content related to Wonder Woman around the release date
    (Though given Metal Part 1's gear sets and False Idol raid I guess the last episode was originally going to be the synergetic move before the change in schedule but I digress)
    so I'd like to give another batch of unwanted opinions on what the game *might* do by then

Cheetah remodelling!
    I hope she gets to have her rebirth design in-game and done right
    like this: (Well Sharp usually go for a custom yonic symbol)
    [IMG]
    or this:
    [IMG]
    and *not* this (other than it's just aesthetically unpleasing)
    I just really, really hope Barbara Ann, a *Cheetah*, does not wear leopard print and their blue/green eyes!
    It's a common mistake *ahem*Jim Lee*ahem* and I hope this won't occur in this game...
    https://www.mic.com/articles/182102/overwatch-doomfist-skins-new-cheetah-skin-suggests-blizzard-isnt-sure-what-cheetahs-are
    [IMG]

I'd also like to see Hippolyta get an update with her iconic purple getup.
    While I'm aware there are people who intensely dislike how Diana is re-rendered, (personally I like it fine)
    I think making them look like actual blood relatives is in order.

[IMG]

Last thing but not the least is to finally have Wonder Woman's non-Olympian enemies get a proper showing, and by that I mostly mean Godwatch from WW Rebirth run by Greg Rucka!
    The Wonder Woman: Bloodlines movie basically did a watered-down version of (both) his run(s, no one's reading so moving on)so it'd be really great to see that adapted here.
    (Also Giganta has better characterisation in Lauren Faust's DC Super Hero Girls than that movie {or pretty much any version of her ever} but I digress...so many tangents!)

I'd like to bring special attention to this iteration of Doctor Cyber,
    an AI making use of her ability to change the holographic appearance at will to reflect her current mood and job, which is a joy to behold
    I'd love to see her as a boss utilizing all these different forms, where players are required to counteract her with corresponding measures and it'd be so much fun!
    [IMG]
    (Also I want Ferdinand the *Kythotaur* he's just so awesome I want to see him in this game last digression I promise)

TL, DR: You did not read all the sheet I wrote and for those who did, I thank you for reading my rambling.
    Now here are cheetahs being cute:
    • Like x 1
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i can't wait for this movie.

i can wait for more wonder woman content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Was she actually SWINGING from Lightning Bolts?? Wow...

Take THAT, Spiderman...your webbing cannot do that, Buddy!

Now if we could just get a do-over from her watered-down performance in Justice League...no way Supes should've put her down THAT easily.

I almost cried from that pitiful scene.

Loved the first WW movie - will definitely check this one out, too....need some Madonna music in it, though, since it IS the mid-80s.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Loved the trailer as a Wonder Woman fangirl.
    If we dont get a WW episode featuring Cheetah this june I'm going to be mad!
  5. BSEison Well-Known Player

I liked the trailer a lot. Wondy swing from lightning bolts was awesome. Wondy in what looks like Kingdom Come inspired armor was awesome. Maxwell Lord as a villain hopefully be awesome. All the fanny packs the characters are going to wear will be awesome...
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

A superman without moral limitations can do that. A superman like that can do anything he wants. Regardless, this was a really good trailer; I wonder if this will be one of the rare occasions where a sequel ends up being better than the original.
  7. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Supposedly, the director originally wanted her lasso to be able to lasso the wind.... :confused: uuuhhh... ok....

Unfortunately, they got rid of Wonder Woman's "warrior" look and for this movie she has abandoned her sword and shield. Too bad, I really liked that look.
  8. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Perhaps a Wonder Woman themed episode next year for the upcoming film
  9. BSEison Well-Known Player

Or another time travel episode...this time to the 80's!!