May We Have an Official Word if a Cash Wipe is Coming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

I get the money is fake - but ppl used real money to open TCs to then sell things on the broker - so, indirectly, they'd be wiping people's efforts that stemmed from real money

That is the issue i see not being addressed by all those that are *for* a cash wipe

I hold very few things, I built up cash (less than a billion these days.. so to most it is nothing) - but it stemmed from opening TCs and selling spares
    • Like x 6
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Here's hoping that one does NOT come.
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I have less than that. I would love to see a fix for the economy, but I don't believe a cash wipe is the only option (or even the best one).
    • Like x 3
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Umm, to get the stuff inside the TC? ;)

Not everyone is looking to make a virtual buck, after all. Selling off the sought-after shinies is a nice side benefit of opening the TCs, sure, but for me once I get the stuff I want from a TC I'm done and they either get stacked and stored or get sold at a vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

I never really cared about buying and selling part in mmos the wipe would have no effect on me only ever put collection pieces in broker never gone above selling beyond 2k knowing full well the risk that some lafreeze will buy it and resell to members only affordable prices ,When I saw this sudden inflation happening to every item that was normally under 2k about 2 and a half years I just decided delete every already collected piece with out thinking twice unless it's really rare or new seasonal I'll just throw it to league banks and forget every time.

How ever for fair play sake instead full cash wipe devs could restrict percentage sale of base value per item plus unit multiple in stack types of the prebase value example say cap 300% ! So if player goes above 300% doing 301% of said value of base stack value the numbers would drop back down to 300% in automatic conversion when submitting the sale slot or even prompt a refuse, it no more complex then cr cap for loot rewards.
    Of course many item predefined values (as you see this value stat already exist ingame on all items) in item descriptions are out dated and would need full over haul from a few weekly economy hotfixs via feedback from commerse gamers in comunity to devs before every one gets comfortable .
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

It's counterfeit money lol. If someone bought a car with counterfeit money the police would confiscate the cash. Same thing here
    The economy is trashed because it's flooded with glitched money. You may be innocent but your money is dirty.
    • Like x 3
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Put every account's money into one pot then wipe. Also wipe any money on deleted characters. No way around it then.
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

As I said, nearly all of my money is from before the glitch. LOL. If somebody committed a crime in your neighbourhood, would the police put everybody in jail? Same thing here.
    • Like x 1
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Can open TCs using stabilizers from the duo. No need to buy them.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Depends on if you're poor and a minority. That's not really the topic, though.

With any luck, IF they happen to decide removing some cash from the economy is what needs to be done (since it's a lot quicker/easier than a lot of more "fair" methods of reviewing tons and tons of accounts...) then your particular nest egg will be under the harsher thresholds under a progressive system. It would also preserve a lot of the work elements because even if the top brackets are hit pretty hard, it'll still preserve that hierarchy. They will still have loads of money. The people in the middle will have less cash but more buying power. Buying power is what we need to focus on, not the zeroes.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gmoney Active Player

Look I made my in game money buy spending $200 real money on time capsules and selling the items on the broker so stop F*** crying about a cash wipe! Everyone on YouTube an in this forum who is begging for a cash wipe have over 50 Billion so just stop it.. You do have working players who send there hard earn money on this game. Not some 20 or 30 year old basement kids who still lives at home hacking games!! Lmao
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

To think, all those threads ago people would tell me that the cash cap shouldn’t be raised bc its the main reason they buy legendary ..

Its going on almost a week since the brokers been down & unable to trade cash,, probably wont b any compensation either..

Like I always say, i go legendary for the first month of every dlc, grind what i can then wait out the next one ( or nowadays play the event) .. this dlc I bought legendary and am absolutely bored, without the money stuff I really coulda just stayed premium.. heck i most of the time only run the event version anyway
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well technically there's no actual need to open TCs in the first place, but that's going down a nitpicky little rabbit hole so I'll stop there on that point. :D

Yes, you can go the "only from the stabilizer duo" route. For me, I've got enough disposable income that I can swing the occasional purchase of stabilizers and I'll take advantage of when they sell the "super packs" of stabilizers. Plus when I get all the stuff I want from a particular TC (and start stacking/selling the TCs) I don't use stabilizers at all so they can stack up from duo runs, which gives me a decent reserve most of the time.

It all comes down to the individual. Just because one person doesn't see the need to buy stabilizers for TCs because the broker is locked down doesn't mean EVERYONE is thinking and doing the same.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the eggs were stolen a ways back.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

my god the last time people used food analogies i ended up eating a bucket of fried chicken.

now i'm totally craving croque monsiuer.

not cuz its eggs...its cuz the economy croaked.

bah~dah~bump~tsch.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Okay, so I'm seeing people using the money gained by non-cheaters during the hyper-inflation period caused by the glitchers as the focal point for the reason of the cash wipe. That money is in the hands of the glitchers and already super rich. The glitchers are likely outright banned, and not getting those accounts and money back. The already super rich, those people who could afford to buy at $500M, then pay the $50M to sell at $1B on the broker... will remain super rich.

Not much of the "crazy money" made it to the majority of the population. They couldn't keep up with the market, so they didn't get to see much of that money. A cash wipe will hurt the DCUO "middle class" the most. Those people who managed to make a $2B-10B or so during their time playing the game, and maybe getting lucky with a capsule or three.

If we all get wiped, the super rich already have a stockpile of rare items, ready to sell at whatever will become fair/profitable after the wipe. That will in turn make them comparatively super rich compared to the rest of us again. The status quo will remain the same between the super rich and everyone else. The only difference is we won't have a middle class anymore.

(I have no fear of a cash wipe personally, just that I know it's going to hurt a lot of other honest and loyal players. As I made my millions and billions, I spent that money on getting what I needed to catch up on feats/collections I needed. I'm well under the cap of any proposed cash wipes I've seen floating around the forums... but a lot of people aren't.)
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I agree. The first few days of the DLC does bring that kind of fun:To look for the rare item, grind feverishly hoping to get it and sell it on the broker to the highest bidder. Sadly, this stupid glitch took that away even before the economy shutdown. For me, there was no point in grinding for Luthor because the price was too stupid at 900 million, everything was going up in price so that 900 million was meaningless. And like tabby belle, I stopped selling weeks before it was shutdown because it was getting ridiculous.

I hope whatever solution they have, they will be able to bring the economy back to normal and that same experience as before but who knows? Having the money I have long saved up and grind for taken away, all those hours of doing solos or duos. I think that is gonna destroy the grind and broker for me and an aspect of the game I actually enjoy.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

I get it you're cashing legit and you want to keep it but unfortunately with the economy the way it is that's not possible unless you leave the problem in place so something's going to have to give whether it's b economy going to stay in the toilet or you're going to have to give up some money. I saying it's an easy choice and personally it isn't fair to you guys but unfortunately the system is the way it is and we're going to have to have something to fix it
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

personally I like to see them implement a glass ceiling where if you exceed the amount of money, you cannot gain any more money until you're under that limit so everybody gets to keep the cash but it's slowly bled off until it's manageable again. then they can remove the limitation until it starts getting outrageous again then they can reemployment it
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The devs are going to do whatever they feel will rectify the situation.
    And whatever they do they are not going to tip their hand in any shape way or form.
    They were already played as fools the first time they had a major cash glitch and they tried to fix it, I doubt it will happen again.
    So whatever it is they do we will have to get over it or move on.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.