Not Good Enough

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Dec 5, 2019.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

all the trading glitches are due to bad planning on devs part bad game structure from devs etc etc ...the same devs that let you fall through a maps floor are the same kind that let you glitch wealth...its all a sign of bad planning to coding
  2. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Not to understate your concerns, but I suspect that you weren't around for GU3. Now THAT was an adventure in frustration :p
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I c
    I will agree it should have been delayed but then it also falls back to my point that I don't think they realized all these issues existed, else they would have delayed it. I see what you're trying to convey though. I had to exit the duo 5x yesterday due to a glitch... only completed it once despite resetting it (would have done it more but couldn't finish after that).
    • Like x 1
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

how about they take some of that fleeced gamblebox money and rehire..or just fing hire more people
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

But expecting things to be fixed within minutes when some glitches were unknown (to the dlc).

Guys all I'm trying to say is there are more than just one fix they must do... it's game fixes for the new dlc AND sorting accounts dealing with the hyper-inflation issue. I saw the issues last night, lost resets over it but guess what I don't see a new fix out today, do you? LOTS OF TICKETS is why, GM's can't coordinate it all to devs when they haven't even went through all the tickets yet.... then there's forum posts here and the JIRA to sift through too.
  6. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

My understanding (and I could be wrong here) is that they have been short on testers for this DLC and did not get as many runs as they would have liked. Sadly they cannot have a test server on the PS4 due to SONY rules and are limited to testing on the PC.
  7. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I don't agree with that... if you recall right after the layoff in December we saw the lifetime and $199 subscriptions being offered with Diamond and Red Obsidian Materials... off the sales from all those alone they made over 1.2million real dollars.

YUUUUUP so they laid off over 70 people weeks before Christmas last year to only turn around and sale some intangible goods to profit from it, makes sense business-wise but was pretty low to do - they could have at least let them go with great compensation AFTER the sale event ended.
  8. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

See my post directly below your last, the letting 70+ employees go last year around this time is the reason for that.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Yup. I was aware of the layoffs.

Not having access to their ledgers I can't say if this was a necessary move or not. Players only assume that the sales of things like subscriptions, time capsules and other Market Place items are generating enough profit for a staff larger than they have now. It MAY be that they are not making enough money on DCUO, or if they ARE Gameday may need to reroute some of their other properties that are not doing as well. I just don't know.

However, losing that many people does have an impact. SO the thrust of your post is spot on.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

I know unforeseen bugs happen in most games and hotfixes follow.

Just look thru the forums over the last week and you'll see a number of people saying they should delay release
    due to what issues were already known.

Sure they have multiple issues to deal with. NOT my problem
    They should have delayed and fixed the known issues, before throwing this out.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I mean I would look but this has come to be expected (on every new dlc, at least for me I expect issues due to those in the past) BUT again I'm just saying this time around it's DLC + Glitching Issues to deal with. Metal Part 1.. I'm still having issues with game crashing on Poison Ivy, 1/5 times I run it I'm booted out of the raid and the old feature to return us back was removed long ago so by the time I reload the game my spots gone and I'm just SOL.
  12. ToRaW New Player

The $199 subscription was PC only last time PS could buy it was $300 at the time server merge .
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

short on testers sure but more so short on testing time, the raids were on test server for 8 days of work... seasonal content gets more testing time :eek:
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

But there were two diff packages offered back then not just the $199 one.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

so a skeleton staff that cant handle the immense size of this glitchfest is better than more people who might do a better job for the simple reason the work load is lessened...why
  16. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

You just answered your own question, grats as that's a 50pt feat! :p
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no frustrating is supporting game you want to see succeed while the people who actually make the game dont really care about any of us. GU 3 didn't last long. the revamp is forever.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

im not satisfied with this or the last dlc, both felt rushed and beyond buggy(initially at any rate). Given my dissatisfaction with the state of the game in general I have decided to throw a nerf out there... yep im nerfing my wallet when it comes to dc. Why continue to pay?
    • Like x 1
  19. inferno Loyal Player

The way I see it PS has always asked to be included in test server. Guess what?? You're all testers now. Testers are getting harder to come by and like chill said even he was finding it difficult to get a group to test raids properly.
    To be honest they probably needed a week or two to get this finished and that would have landed release date exactly during the holidays or pushed it out to January and we would be griping about a broken release date.

So look on the brighter side of things:
    You get the episode before the holidays, where we are all going to be busy.
    Finally get to see what testers gotta deal with.
    Find out what's not working and just report it, in detail if you can.
    Don't spend any replay badges on alerts, raids or bounties until its working normal.
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

That's a ******** post if I ever saw one. I'm sure you feel really clever but why don't you go back and take a look at what you wrote, realize how ignorant it is, and do us all a favor by taking it down?