How to fix economy and end cash bots.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG ELITE, Dec 4, 2019.

1. OG ELITE Committed Player

first You need to make cash account bound. No more needing to trade money to alts.

Second you eliminate the ability to mail or trade cash. Effectively making all cash transactions go through the broker.

Third you put a low cap on of broker of let’s say 500 million as the highest you can sell something on the broker.

These 3 steps would prevent the selling of cash but also keep people from holding onto items for years to drive the price up.
    • Like x 6
  2. Olli Malicious Active Player

I strongly agree with everything in this post. Make it happen devs, pretty please.
  3. Mobius Twist Active Player

Yes and no.

A low value cap means that everything will sell at the max value under the cap if you haven't solved the issue of how much currency a player should reasonably have. The better solution needs to be elsewhere, such as a diminishing returns penalty that the higher priced an item is, the less percentage you make on it. Also something that makes asking 500 million a ludicrous proposal because no one will have that amount, almost making a cash cap unnecessary, but you include it to keep your system fixed and elegant.
    • Like x 1
  4. OG ELITE Committed Player

It’s not a perfect option but I believe it’s doable and wouldn’t upset the majority of players.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

What if I want to sell to someone specifically? Like my league-mate, or in-game friend, needs some catalysts, but I don't want them to get sniped off the broker. No cash in mail, no cash in trade....
    • Like x 1
  6. OG ELITE Committed Player

Like I said it’s not perfect but it would solve almost all current issues.

One workaround for your situation is put trash on the broker for a high price only that person would buy
  7. OG ELITE Committed Player

Should’ve stated too that I’m assuming another cash wipe to players like they did before.
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I am a HUGE advocate of account bound cash - I have probably mentioned i like 5x - it would also get rid of gold sellers the minute it hits
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

first, no. i disagree.

second, no. i disagree.

third, no. i disagree.

just my few cents.
    • Like x 1
  10. ToRaW New Player

W'ell my game money came from buying time capsules I have over 23 thousand quarks, If dc wants to reset my dc fake money then they can buy my quarks say 10 for a dollar then they owe me $2,300.00 If you wipe to $000 there will be no economy really!!!
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Definitely a huge NO to account bound cash.

I personally have never liked this idea as I believe each character is their own thing and should have their own money. My personal opinion aside, it is not possible to do such a thing in DCUO because of the cash cap.

The cash cap would need to be removed to do this and we know all to well that will never happen.

A far better solution for sending money to alts would be to add a money deposit to the shared bank.
  12. ToRaW New Player

Be careful what you do , DC is on a crutch as it is if you loose more players this might be the end game for DC!!!
  13. Dwild Well-Known Player

Account bound cash is probably not even possible. However, even if it was, not ALL cash transactions are getting done by money glitching and Gold Farmers. I know we help out league mates sometimes with loans when they're just short by a bit to purchase an item. However, I never trade cash with anyone I don't know from long game play...got scammed once, learned my lesson.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Unlimited Cash Usage is the chief benefit of the Legendary Subscription. If my cash became account bound, I'd definitely flip all three of my accounts (PC, PS, and Switch) over to Premium.

Mepps has already addressed broker caps. They are pointless. People will never sell things for less than what it is worth just because of the cap. Instead, the game will shift to a trade based economy. And with account-bound cash like you're proposing, those trades are going to involve hording stupidly rare items.

"I'll give you this Arctic Material, in exchange for 2 Luthor Gauntlets."

If you remember when crafting was introduced and the whole economy changed over to Red Exobits, as a Legendary Player is was a super big pain in the rear to see people advertising things you wanted, and be unable to pay them with your unlimited money because they were Premium and could only accept Exobit trades. "Grumble grumble. Go to the broker. Buy 25 stacks. Oh great. They don't have enough for sale. Sorry, buddy, I've got to advertise in trade now for a while to collect the rest of the junk you wanted, because I can't just pay you in cash."

Trade based economies are terrible. It's too hard to determine worth of each item, and to always have the right things to trade. That's why the modern world uses currency instead of goods barter.
    • Like x 1
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

This happened in STO, when the cash value of Constitution class ships (a special lockbox ship) went over the broker cap. People started trading them in terms of lockbox keys.
  16. OG ELITE Committed Player

Account bound cash wouldn’t be capped in my proposal, I don’t understand why this would be an issue at all. The point though is something has to be done to get rid of the cash bots. This proposal would effectively eliminate those with little impact on honest players.

You do make a good point about item trading though. I don’t have a good rebuttal for that.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Making cash untradable would not get rid of the gold sellers, and nor would a broker cap. A player would go to the seller and say, "Hey, I want 1,000,000,000." Vender just tells him to list two basic sodas for 500,000,000 each. Super easy to bypass the cash trading restriction, barely an inconvenience.
    • Like x 2
  18. OG ELITE Committed Player

Yeah that’s far fro full proof considering there’s no way to know who posted said sodas. Sure if one person orders it, but what if you have multiple orders from from different customers and also competing sites doing the same thing. Then after a while people will just be posting billion dollar sodas hoping a cash bot screws up. Making cash untradeable would get rid of cash bots without a doubt. I’ve yet to see a valid argument against my proposal.
    • Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Doesn't have to be a soda though - that was an example. The gold seller could say, "List a Colyer Street for [stupid price]". So anybody who comes along and just lists a random object for a billion would have to be pretty dumb, given that they don't know what the gold seller is looking for (and if they don't guess the right item they're going to be hit with a hefty broker fee for nothing).
  20. Brit Loyal Player

/shrug. If you permit player-to-player cash transactions via the broker, then the cash isn't Account Bound. I cannot trade any of my Account Bound items through the broker. Account Bound means literally that: bound to your specific account. Able to be freely traded between your own characters, but unable to be transferred to any other character on a different account. So if you want a valid argument against your proposal, Account Bound cash completely ends the broker. You are unable to purchase anything from anyone through the use of currency, and may only do trades of items-for-items.

If you are strictly talking about removing the ability to trade cash in the trade window, or the ability to send cash through the mail, you can make it mildly more inconvenient for the gold sellers by making it mildly inconvenient for everyone, but the workarounds that we have will be the same ones that they have as well.
    • Like x 1