Whoever Sold Neon Chroma for $80M...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Thank you so much for not being part of the over-inflation problem. I hope really good things come your way in the game, and in real life.
    • Like x 5
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Was probably a mistake
    • Like x 9
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Maybe; maybe not. If I get the chance to receive an extra Neon Chroma (haven't received one yet but haven't opened many TC's, either) then I would sell it for 20-30 mil, because it is not worth more than that to me. Also, not every player has the currency to pay that broker fee to post it for a billion or even several hundred million.
    • Like x 1
  4. tinoman Dedicated Player

I meant 800 m. Can I have back? Kidding.
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Aw that's horrible.
  6. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

So after trying it on and seeing how to make it work for one of my Lantern characters... it's pretty much a Glowing, Sinister, and Furious Chroma all in one, without the "white channel" that many have complained about. I don't see the $1B+ hype for it. The 25 points did get me to 429, though. Yay! ^_^
    • Like x 1
  7. Rainnifer Committed Player

When I first saw the materials like Sinister in my "early" days on the game, ever since then I thought it'd be so neat to have similar smooth and glowy materials of other colors like that. Such as blue, pink, etc. The neon material basically did that for me, it can also sometimes work as the opposite of black void/bio, where it's all white instead (especially for clothing with one color channel) and noticeably much brighter than other materials. I've been enjoying pastel colors with it too which there is not much of in other materials. I can see why it'd be worth a lot, but it shouldn't have been as much as it was made to be, that was due to other problems.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Let me know if you get that extra, I'll take it for 30 million and save you the broker fees.
    • Like x 2
  9. inferno Loyal Player

Congrats on getting it for a good price and thank you for not flipping it.
    • Like x 1
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I sold my first get right away just because I wasn't interested in them (and I'm usually a "Gotta get it!" guy when it comes to mats.)
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Even at $800M that's a hefty discount from where it is.
    • Like x 2
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

thats how mmos that thrive off of Micro transaction items to keep afloat work, they put out items, and the people with the most credits/money always can do this... its a sad thing. the developers could care less. its kind of their goal imo, cause the more rare something is. like the negative speedforce material. the flash bio and allan family tree are like over 100 mil. its ridiculous , but its how things are sadly.
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Nice. But I hate to think that a reseller could have bought it. :(
    • Like x 2
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That is a risk taken when it comes to undercutting prices on the broker, and the thought has crossed my mind once or twice when I do undercut. But when I do it it's about selling the item quick and at least giving someone a chance at getting a rare/sought-after item for a reasonable price.
    • Like x 1
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I'm absolutely telling you that's what happened!!! I do know a guy who plays the money game, and his mantra is, "leave the economy the way it is". If you undercut the market substantially, he will buy,and then put it back up to keep a sellers market.
    • Like x 1
  16. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

You can't even find one now lol. They are probably sitting on them until the money wipe. It will accomplish nothing. As soon as the money wipe is over all these items will go up for as much as possible. If the Devs put a cap on money they would lose a large portion of the community who like to play the money game.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Good riddance to them
    • Like x 3
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Just like if they disable trade
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

An item is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If the prices are "too high" to sell, they will come down. If someone sells an item far below market value and someone buys it, the original person got what they wanted out of it and then the second person will get what THEY want out of it and the third person will get what they wanted after trading what they considered to be an acceptable amount. We'd all LIKE for things to be super cheap, but that just isn't how market economies work when dealing with scarce commodities. Now if you're arguing about crashing the market by making the supply higher by better drop rates, you won't get an argument from me. The only reason to extract the highest prices possible is so you have the resources to acquire what you want/need. I'm sure some people find the market game an end in and of itself, but I'm not one of those.

Assuming hyper-inflation isn't happening that causes wild levels of monetary fluctuation, of course. Then everything goes all economic silly-season and the normal basic rules don't work. You just have to weather the storm.
    • Like x 1
  20. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

"Over-inflation problem." :rolleyes: