Blue lantern? powerset? HL color change? whats in future?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

i relocated this to the powers , Weapons, movement section of the thread here is the link

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...et-movement-color-change-blue-lantern.305740/

the developers of this amazing dc mmo have done some amazing things. and have come along way, from not being able to have green auras. now we have everything pretty much, i am not sure if it was true. but spytle said in one of his live streams that blue lantern power set was pretty much complete. but they shelved it cause they decided to make rage neutral, due to the ps3's less capabilities to have both, since the animations were pretty much two different power sets. unlike the HL where there are minor changes from amber to green, This was a long time ago. before war of the light came out, and were suppose to have a WOL 3 to complete the DLC series then they switched to episodes.

Anyway, im a huge batman and green lantern fan, there my favorite IP of DC and with lanterns there is so much lore with all the other corps. its amazing what they have brought to this game, that begs the question. will they ever allow players to play that roomer of a power set blue lantern, or will they allow players to simply change the color of the powerset, or do a material/power style change. much like they added how you can change the effects of your movement set, now with this new thing i got for my speedster where it changes the lightning to sparkles. that is a cool very cool idea, not too hyped on the sparkles lol but the idea is amazing, they can add negative speedforce running ability look for movement.

if they were to add with hardlight that you could change to blue lantern, pink lantern, indigo, black, orange, with these style change things they have introduced, like the movement ones, that would be amazing, or just add power colour change, which everyone has wanted for along time, and know they said they weren't doing that i think. awhile back, but the other things, it seems more possible. with each new thing , style change, material type deal they add.

Thanks for reading , im a very bad message typer , sorry lol, but i really want this to happen, what do yall think?

Cheers
    • Like x 1
  2. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Extending to extra lantern colours has been asked about many times before. I don't know if Spytle truly said that about the blue powerset, but if you know the live stream it was and it's still there on youtube/twitch, I'd be interested to see that.

I suspect it's less to do with what they can technically achieve now, and more to do with the DC lore (like there being only one canon blue lantern and one orange lantern) and getting DC's approval. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath. While probably possible, changing the colour of the lantern rings and power animations probably isn't anywhere near as easy as it might sound (getting all the colours and different animations to look good still under high definition in colour X), and that's assuming they just did a reskin of the green/yellow powerset, and had DC's buy in, etc.
    • Like x 1
  3. Toshknight Loyal Player

it was years ago. on one of his gaming random streams, someone asked about it, but who knows..he had blue warf the blue lantern pic in the back ground before the war of the light came out, hinting at blue lantern, and if you look at everything in that dlc. all the collections. were consisting equally of blue and red lantern items... it adds up
    • Like x 1
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

and i know it has nothing with technical problems, they only ran into technical walls with the ps3. they could only add so much , and thats one of the reasons we got only rage instead of blue and red, with two totally different looking powersets and names but essentially doing the same, it was basicallly two different powers. but one hero one villain but doing the same, but the ps3 could not handle that so they made red lanterns neutral. which luckily fits in the lore, thats what i meant, but now they can add way more with the ps4, the tech part is no problem, and your probably right. when it comes to what they can and can't do to a point
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Last I knew, the line from the company on new powers was "we currently have no plans."

They've never budged on recoloring power sets since the start of the game. Not once.

DC has a large say in what happens in our little playground, so if they say "no" for some reason that's pretty much the end of it.
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yes, Jimmy, I'm right here, exploring the thread #2387347298 about other lantern colours.

I know. They always ask the same stuff and always believe they will get what they want.
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

isnt the point of talking about something a lot , letting the devs know you want it?, this post wasn't only about lantern stuff, it was about all types of power appearance and movement appearance, for power sets and different iconic hero stuff, flash negative speedforce movement style aka red lightning instead of yellow "standard" speed movement style, as well as quantum and other stuff the thread is necessary to let the developers know what a lot of people want. and it's a discussion thread, not a reality only / this is this and that's all forum.
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

that is the main thing. at first like i said we weren't even able to have auras or emblems that were like the iconic characters. and so much has changed, with the success of the game, why count out stuff that could happen, goto keep talkin about it for it to happen.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only aura that was forbidden at first was the green one, and yes they did relent on that one.

As far as iconic emblems, for the most part there's usually a little something to them that keeps them from being exact replicas (size, color palette not allowing for a match, etc.). And the ones that ARE close to being exact replicas are usually color locked, have that same detail that keeps them from being perfect copies or are limited time items (Batman and Superman anniversary emblems).

That's DC maintaining their control while still giving players what they'd like. That doesn't mean they're going to suddenly give us the whole toybox to play with. Any company worth its salt that licenses their property is going to take steps to make sure their property isn't being misused somehow and will have a big say in what goes on. I saw it with LucasArts during my time in Star Wars Galaxies and so I wasn't surprised to see the same here with DC. No matter how successful the game might be, DC's first priority in regards to the license is most likely making sure it's being used in a way they approve of to help prevent any possible damage to the property being licensed.

And with Daybreak being the one that has said from the start that changing power colors wasn't going to happen and them not showing any indication whatsoever of changing that particular policy after all this time, you'll pardon me for being skeptical about it happening. ;)
  10. Phokus Active Player

1. I'm just going to leave this here, you can pick and choose which part is the reason why it won't be in the game.

All Blue Lanterns are armed with a blue power ring, fueled by the emotion hope. While hope is the most powerful of the seven emotions, Blue Lanterns must be near an active Green Lantern's power ring to tap into their own rings' full power. Otherwise, the rings are only capable of the default abilities of flight and a protective aura. This is because the power of hope is nothing without the willpower to enact it. The Blue Lantern's protective aura allows them to survive in space and other hostile environments and can be manipulated to a limited degree even without a Green Lantern present, using it to augment their strength and extending it to form a larger shield, but this ability is almost exclusively defensive. Blue rings must be activated by true hope before they will operate at their user's command.
      While under the influence of a nearby green power ring, a blue power ring has the same abilities as a green ring, plus some unique powers of its own. Blue Lanterns can heal wounds and regenerate lost body parts.The ring's power can be supplemented with the hope of other living beings; for instance, Saint Walker and Warth were able to reduce a dying sun's age by 8.6 billion years because of the hope emanating from the inhabitants of a nearby planet. A blue ring can negatively impact the performance of rings on the opposite side of the emotional spectrum. It can neutralize the corruptive effects of red power rings, block the energy-stealing properties of orange rings (as well as nullify its side effects on the bearer of it), and drain the power of yellow power rings.While at first it appeared that a blue ring could only charge a green power ring to twice its maximum power level which could also negatively impact a green ring, as close proximity to the Blue Central Power Battery would overcharge the ring, causing it to implode (taking the user's hand with it),it had been revealed that a blue ring can in fact charge any power ring as long as the user of the blue ring wish to.Blue power rings manifest their constructs mainly by reading the target's hopes, but can make wielder-directed constructs like the other corps.

11. Wildcat Committed Player

Blue Lantarn should work for heroes as a powerset
    and for Villains? Indigo? or Orange?

people will be angry at some point for more lantarns in game

but DCUO can make some good money on this.

Ill like to play orange lantarn powerset on villain side. (or just Larfreeze in legends)
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

well since they didn't do the Allegedly O.G War of the light plan, before they dropped episodes , instead of jam packed dlcs... we didn't get blue and red as tanks, as the plan was.
    i would say they would make hope heroes obviously and greed villain, now i can see them making it a healing power heh, cause they can make the orange lanterns like leeches of health in a way , i dunno just spit balling.
    while indigo tribe is both good and bad, so that could be it's own thing like the rage lantern, on both sides. but yea.

you also got to remember, the way the power rings for players, are. they aren't exobyte powers. like the original. message we got when we chose. we are temporary recruits. to hold off braniac forces, the rings are programmed with a set number of constructs to use with your will power or just thinking , not sure how that works. but apparently the guardians, created the player power rings. and Atrocitus did the red ones obviously. and they can do the same thing to explain how players are wielding these rings, to make it fit with the canon, and continuity of the DC universe. i could see the larvleeze one being amazing, he gives you the ring but says you got to give it back cause ITS His , "ITS MINE, YOU CAN USE IT!, BUT ITS MINE" cause we know he already killed all the orange lanterns and possesses all the orange rings. so that's already set up :)