Test Discussion Episode 36: OP Item (Bat God's Forge Mold) Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

We've been monitoring the forums and, based on feedback, have decided to move up some changes we have been working on for OP items so that they hit with Metal Part II.

The acquiring of Metal Part II's OP item will be more similar to the Tattered Chaos Lord's Cloak of Omnipotence from Justice League Dark, but streamlined with fewer types of catalysts and without the extra Elite Mode or Combat Rating requirements.

With these changes, we are looking to address feedback from both Metal Part I and Justice League Dark, broadly following the thinking that you should be able to get stuff in your inventory more easily and more often, AND that if you have something in your inventory, it feels better to make incremental progress on it over time than have it sit there.

THE CHANGES:
    • Each breakthrough requires the same 3 types of catalysts, and some food.
      • You need varying amounts of these, but they drop much more frequently than the OP collections.
      • I actually just wanted 4 catalyst types, but the UI only supports 3, so I made the 4th one food. Genius, I know. :D
    • Each of the catalysts/food comes from a specific group of content (missions, duo/alerts, raids) or from the vendor. These do not drop in event-versions of content.
      • Their tooltips tell you where to get them.
      • Dropped catalysts/food are tradeable.
      • Purchased catalysts are not tradeable.
      • Completing the "Heavyweight Champion of the Multiverse" feat now gives you a 50% discount to buy the vendor catalysts (so unlock the feat for the discount on alt characters). This should help alts get their OP items faster.
    • The OP collections are gone, as are their feats. RIP.
    Please hit us with your feedback and be on the lookout for bugs, as changing this stuff last minute is always risky. Thank you for all of your feedback!
    • Like x 38
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Sounds good
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Look forward to trying it out, thanks for making the changes, will jump on and have a look.
    • Like x 1
  4. Red Five Developer

Heads up, this should go out with the next hotfix, which I think is tomorrow.
    • Like x 6
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Oh tomorrow then :D lol
  6. Bladejack Level 30

• The OP collections are gone, as are their feats. RIP.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you !! :)

That all sounds great ..
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Once unlocked, will we still be able to use episode marks to buy multiple OP items on the same character? That was very helpful on the OP neck for Metal Part 1 as I was able to have a neck for each role and build (thus eliminating the need to constantly swap out neck mods). This would also be especially helpful on the next OP head piece whenever it may come.
    • Like x 3
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Agreed. The ability to get a second one for all of 40 coins in Metal Part I (vs needing another 385 in Justice League Dark) was a very welcome change.
    • Like x 1
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would also note one concern.

I like this if you’re phasing out the need for in-game money (which I think is needed); but the loss of OP collections is a major blow to earning in-game cash. With the rampant inflation due to money glitching that remains unaddressed, this change will only make it that much harder to keep up with other elements of game progression (feats for episode specific enhanced styles, time cap feats, etc).
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

omg thank you love you butuba!! when is this going to be on test would love to take a look at the system! and see for my self...
  12. Batuba Developer

Wasn't me :p
    • Like x 2
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

whoever it was i love you and any ETA on when this and GU 100 will be on test?
  14. Red Five Developer

Lol! Yes, thank you Batuba :p
    • Like x 16
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

+ Make 5 Alts
    + Have them run seasonal
    + Buy 100 mark collection
    + Send to main character
    + Sell on broker for $15 Million each

You now have $75 Million cash
    • Like x 2
  16. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

if you had anything to do with it thank you to you too :) :p
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m noting a perception issue if nothing else. I know people who only log in to play each day so that they can do a run at a chance for an OP collection to sell. Without that (such as during JLD), they don’t log in as much.

Changing things to a more purely based marks / quarks system would keep them in the chase each day - that’s what I mean about phasing out in-game cash. Give a chance for what you need to drop by RNG, but simultaneously give the option to buy it for marks. Both ways, people are logging in and playing content - Daybreak sees the benefit instead of watching gold sellers walk away with fat wallets.

But if activity is good enough running the seasonal (and just the seasonal) six and a half months out of the year, then so be it.
    • Like x 1
  18. JusJmusic New Player

What's the point of an OP item then without the feat? It's simply a privilege for that particular DLC why not just have it randomly drop? Collections are gone, fine. Something like this isn't worth the grind if you're just doing it for a Stat buff. It isn't something that I as a player since 2011 would feel the interest in getting if there's just a temporary boost that only lasts for a DLC or 2. When it randomly dropped people would play the content more. Also much like our gear depending on the OP item, an OP chest being stronger than a OP face piece and therefore that would determine drop rate. It does not by any means feel all that important to even try and get it.
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Can we have the same system for elite gear lol
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So far it sounds much better. I'll have to check out test this time around (didn't get in for Metal I). Not sure if the OP collections being gone-gone will be a good thing or not. Not having OP items tied to collections is good, but the loss of potential money making on collections will raise a lot of ire (looks like it might have already). I personally have terrible drop luck, so it doesn't lose me any money, but a middle ground where there are collections that give styles that people might want (like a material or aura or other nifty style) will still retain value, but don't tie them to OP items or feat points (titles...fine...SP...no) so they are truly optional. It still gives something for the grinders to grind for, but for those who are unlucky or poor they don't become 'mandatory'...and yeah, I know getting feats or OP gear is not really mandatory.... but we all know it kinda is. That change + a little better drop rate would be a nice middle ground that should satisfy most. That might be how this system will work out, but it remains to be seen.

When you say 'purchased' cats, is that MP or in game vendor? If MP, are they at least account bound? If in game vendor I'm sure they are not.

Thanks either way for trying to listen to the community and making change for the better (at least in our eyes).

Reinheld
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.