A small consolation regarding the neon chroma

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pinky, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Pinky Well-Known Player

For those of you with the patience of Job - you don't have to pay a single cent for the Neon Chroma Material outside of your monthly subscription.

Just hoard the quarks which you open from Time Capsules and wait for the Neon Chroma Material to be released on the Second Chance Vendor.

To double your Quark accumulation rate, choose the 10 Quarks option or whichever number is bigger for the Quarks loot which you get every time you open a Time Capsule. Assuming you pick the Quark reward option every time you open a Time Capsule, you will get a minimum of 20 Quarks per Time Capsule opened.

Assuming its going to be priced at 5750 Quarks (similar price to the Phoenix Material), you'll need to open a minimum of 288 Time Capsules to accumulate enough Quarks to purchase it from the vendor.

If you're a subscribed Member who receives 6 Stabilizer fragments a day from the Stabilizer duo, you'll need 2.5 days to accumulate 1 Stabilizer.

That works out to 2.5 x 288 = 720 days or roughly 2 years of Quark accumulation (for Members).

Premium players will take (15/4) x 288 days = 1080 days = 3 years

Free players will take (15/3) x 288 days = 1440 days = 4 years

If you wait for a Resurgence Mega Capsule Event to open your Time Capsules, you will shorten your time taken to accumulate Quarks because each Resurgence Mega Capsule just needs 7 Stabilizers to open, and it will give you 9 unlocked Time Capsules. Essentially you are opening more Time Capsules with less Stabilizers.

Good luck.
    • Like x 4
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Really though? Lol
    • Like x 2
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

Ummh...
    ...okay...
    ...thank you, I feel better now.
    • Like x 4
  4. Pinky Well-Known Player

The price for instant gratification? As someone posted earlier - 500 Time Capsules, and a possible hole in your pocket with no guarantee of a Neon Chroma.
    Bide your time and take home the prize.
    • Like x 2
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You're joking though. Right.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pinky Well-Known Player

When the "Rewards from Time and Space" Vendor was released in 2017, I already knew that I wanted to get the Resplendent Cache and its associated feat and title.

But I wasn't going to pay to open Time Capsules to get my Quarks. Fast forward 2 years later, in Oct 2019, I have saved up enough Quarks to open the Resplendent Cache without any Time Capsule purchase.

From my experience, my Quarks reward option went as high as 63 Quarks (not including the 10 guaranteed Quarks you get from each Time Capsule). Other reward options I have seen are: 43 Quarks, and 39 Quarks. This can speed up your Quark accumulation rate if you choose the Quarks reward option.

As I qualified my post earlier, this option is for people who are patient enough to wait it out.
    • Like x 1
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Right. You really think the average player should or will wait around for 2 years running something everyday to get 1 single item they want.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pinky Well-Known Player

I never said anything about who should do what.

I merely stated an alternative way to get the Neon Chroma Material without paying anything outside of their membership fee, for people who are patient enough to wait it out.

If people want instant gratification - there's a cost.

If people are prepared to wait, they will eventually get the Neon Chroma, and this is a 100% guaranteed event with no RNG involved - even if they play for free.
    • Like x 2
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ok. Theres instant gratification. Then there's the flip side. Do you think that's reasonable? To have to wait 2 years for an item?
    • Like x 1
  10. Pinky Well-Known Player

Look at this another way. The Neon Chroma is worth what? More than 500 Time Capsules.
    Ok. Assuming its worth 500 Time Capsules at 90 DBG per piece (for members)
    That works out to be 450 usd.
    I could:
    1) Wait 2/3/4 years for a material worth 450 usd to fall in my lap for FREE, with the effort of only running the Stabilizer daily for fragments, OR
    2) Purchase 500 Time Capsules RIGHT NOW with no guarantee of the Neon Chroma Material dropping.

Some people would choose option 1 - they pay the price of waiting 2/3/4 years. With a 100% drop rate, assuming the Material gets put on the Second Chance Vendor.

Some would choose option 2 - they pay 450 usd. With no guarantee of the Neon Chroma Material dropping

Whichever option players choose, there's a price to pay, depends on if they want it RIGHT NOW or later.
    • Like x 1
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The issue is these low drop rates makes people feel like they can't keep up with the jones. If they reach that threshold, they could just leave the game. I know at least one whaler who have left recently. Even if you personally don't part take in capsules, people that you play with regularly might, they get desponded and the leave for good. That dips the population unnecessarily, and your circle of knowledgable players shrink a bit more.

They're killing our game.
    • Like x 5
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I don’t believe that we’ve let the game come to this.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I don't think you're seeing the issue or my point here. Ill leave it at that
    • Like x 1
  14. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

This is some gold medal winning mental gymnastics
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I waited patiently for them to put the Time Torn Material on the second chance vendor. I'm also waiting patiently for the Sandstorm Aura, Metallic Material and Cloak of Shadows.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm waiting for the Metallic Material aswell. It will be among the next 2 Capsules in line next time they add to the Quarks vendor, right?
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I believe so.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Here's hoping we won't have to wait too long for the next additions, then.
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Raise your hand if you think this game will be here two, three, four years from now.

I’m confident the license with DC will come up again during that window, and all it takes is DC deciding not to renew. And with DC now owned by AT&T (likely a new owner since the last negotiation), all bets are off on what may happen. AT&T has been changing business models and raising prices since they took over.
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    • Like x 1