Neon material drop rate?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Do you think its possibly bugged? I have never seen a material rise in price this quick. It's not in the broker or being sold in trade chat (been on game for 2 hours!)

I can survive without style or feat points but something not right about this material.
    • Like x 3
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is what happens when Exploiters run lose with billions of exploited cash to toy around with. It will only get worse and worse until the Devs actually grab a real hold of that problem.
    • Like x 5
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm hoping that the Neon material might be the straw that busts the banker's b*llocks. by all accounts, they're going at over a billion a pop. that's why you're not seeing them on the broker.
    • Like x 2
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

No the real issue is the drop rates of the Neon material they just aren't dropping like they should.
    • Like x 1
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do think the drop rates are messed up it should be dropping like the Dark Knight metal materials did. The sad thing is instead of blaming the devs and the low drop rate people will fall back to blaming players with money for the problem.
    • Like x 1
  6. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

So, i looked on both EU and US servers - they both have the material going for billions. On the EU a new material going for this much? its unheard off.

I'm not questioning the dev's but something is not right about the drop rate. Also, its the weekend people spend crazy amounts on TCs and yet still nothing.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Has this been officially announced? The Neon-mats not dropping "as they should", that is? It wouldn't surprise me if they wasn't, just like the droprates have been bugged within Metal Part 2, but bugged or not the REAL issue of the insane inflation comes down to the dozens and dozens of Exploiters and exploited billions at their disposal. This has been evidenced ever since the TC Exploit and has only gotten worse since then. That's an issue that people can only dance around for so long.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

People seem to ask for $1.5 Billion in Chat. But once in a while you will see it for $999 999 999 on the broker.
    • Like x 2
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

on the very first day of release, there was a thread posted on these forums where a guy was complaining he hadn't got one after opening 500 capsules. 500. there's another guy in another thread: 250. some other guy: 150. & these are just the start of the ones that are coming to the forums. how many we don't & never will know about? it's insanity.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's the RNG at work.

Some people open 500 TCs and don't get a single Neon mat.... others open 21 TCs and get 2 of them.
    EDIT; (Technically it took only 10 TCs.... I still had 11 TCs left to open when I got the second one ;) :eek:;) ).
    So.... hard to tell what the actual drop rate is suppose to be.

For those who need video evidence... here we go. ;)
    I understand if people need video evidence to believe this..... heck I made the video and I still don't believe it. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

And another guy got 2 after 21 capsules. ;)

The RNG is crazy. Crazy I says!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It could be the drop rate.... that is out of whack.
    Or.... it could be the demand that is out of whack.

The Chroma materials are a popular thing. And the Black Neon Chroma seems especially in demand.

So combine low drop rate of a rare drop and the UBER demand for the Neon material.... and you end up with a material that people are willing to spend $1.5 Billion to get.

Heck at $999 999 999 the demand is high enough that the material does not stay on the Broker very long.

I made my Black Neon video and we had the material on the Broker for $999 999 999.

Then not long after I made my White Neon video.... and no Neon mat on the Broker.
    Gone... gone it was already. When people put it on the Broker.... it sells very quickly it seems.
  13. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

it's all random .i got one a dark knight croma material when i opened the first one . it's all random the loot sistem i spent 3 months to get the speedmetal chest
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

We all understand you're very lucky and happy, but please stop putting salt on a wound, lol :D

Though it indeed is crazy.
    I've opened around 45 - had some stabilizers piled up on multiple accounts - didn't get anything rare, only common cheap drops.
    At first I had hoped I'd be able to get several neon chromas for me and my buddy... now I pray that I get at least one, without having to pay 500+ milllions for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But.... but..... I just bought half a ton of salt on the Broker. What am I going to do with all that salt? ;) ;)

But seriously....

Most people who opened TCs and did get the Neon mat will not come here to mention it.
    But pretty sure everyone who did not get the Neon mat will come here to mention that they opened X amount of TCs and did not get the Mat.
    Just trying to provide balance to the Force. ;)

But 'm done now. I swear. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To clarify, the droprates are not broken. The Ultra rare Drops have always been that rare. The difference to other Time capsules now is, that there is a feat attached to the Ultra rare drop for the first time. Before, only like 1% of the Players tried to get the rare drop in order to complete everything or because it looked nice. Now - theoretically - every Player needs the rare drop in order to get those 25 feat Points and a lot are after it because it also looks good too.

The rare Drops have Always been a fine line the devs were Walking on perfectly, but this time they slipped and thats the result. …
    • Like x 1
  18. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

your a lucky person for getting it :D but i've never seen a material become so rare a drop or on broker/trade. I'm properly just guessing about drop rate but after 16 different time capsules...something just feels off about this material.
  19. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I agree with your last sentence - Perhaps they didn't slip up and its a genuine mistake. BUT this material as become rarer than void and even cosmic, yes, comic material prices.
  20. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I don't know the drop rate, but me and a friend have sold 3 neon chroma's for 1.5bil each today. Just stalking the broker for the rest of today for a 1bil post for a come up.