Test Discussion Episode 36: La Mort Card - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

Please use this thread to post feedback on the La Mort Card Artifact.

Thanks!

Batuba

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Stacks drop if you are downed. (Fixed in next build)
    UPDATE 11/21
    • Reduced stack cap at rank 80 to 25.
    • Curved damage so lower stacks deal greater damage... should be a noticeable change.
    • Due to buffs on Finishers, we lowered the damage granted by La Mort to finishers to 10% (down from 30%).
    • Increased rank 200 bonus to 30% (up from 20%).
    • Like x 3
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Role: Might DPS
    Focus: [Finisher]

Note: <35% abilities now have the [Finisher] tag. These abilities will do less damage while the target is above 35% health.
    • Rank 80
      • Impending Doom - [Finisher] attacks now apply a stack on target NPC that lasts 1 minute while target is above 35% health. Once target reaches 35% Health, all stacks explode dealing damage to the target based on the amount of stacks applied.
      • Max 35 stacks.
      • Damage increases based on stack count. Unique to each player casting the ability (aka can have multiple DPSers with their own stacks).
    • Rank 120
      • Reduce CD of [Finishers] by 25%.
      • Increase damage of finishers on targets above 35% health by 30%.
    • Rank 160
      • Impending Doom can now stack up to 70 times.
    • Rank 200
      • Increase damage of stacks of Impending Doom by 20%.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

If the finisher abilities have a CD of 4.4 sec and it gets reduced by 25% that means the new CD will be at 3.3 sec, now the description says the stack last for 1 minute so 60sec/3.3sec one gets around 18 stacks and that is if one just spams the finisher, how can one build 35 or even 70 ?
    • Like x 5
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This ability shouldnt be able to crit. Its simply too inconsistent that way. (imagine if EoG could crit)

Since this is a finisher Artifact, the effect itself makes it irrelevant to use after the enemy dropped below 35% - Kind of misses the Point imo.

I'm not sure if the stacks are working properly, but so far the Overall Damage is not too great and since this is a finisher Artifact there should be somethig like a Damage buff below 35% Health of target - on top of the regualr finisher buff.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

The effect occurs at only 35% HP and will no longer work again under the said HP and it will rarely ever happen. It would also help if there was some kind of Stacking UI added in the game so we can see how many stacks we made based off the artifact and know when to use it
    • Like x 4
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

ok idk why i said the cd of finishers is 4.4 sec, i just noticed its 6 sec which means even less stacks possible...
    • Like x 3
  7. Batuba Developer

Rage has a CD of 6 seconds. However it has a 2nd attack, which both apply stacks.
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

would be nice if the ability CD would adjust to the equiped artifact and display the new CD with the reduction already adjusted
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is this artifact supposed to be called "La Mort" or "La-Mort"? The game uses the dash which I believe is not proper French.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Ices on live is 4.4
    Munitions on live is 4.4
    Electric on live is 4.4
    Light on live is 4.4

My computer is toast so I can't get on n I just can't fix it right now.

Did they Nerf the CD and make it 6 for an artifact to do something which it already did???

Lights is a group finisher and I'm wondering cuz at 4.4 you can't spam it but if it was 3 u def could on live.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Testing the La Mort Card on Sparring Targets is a bit of a pain. The GUI doesn't give you a good idea of where the 35% health divider mark is. So you're not exactly sure when Impending Doom is going to Proc. Unless you're manually counting, you don't know how many stacks you've setup. Also, you have to drop combat to get a sparring target to heal back up above 35% health. I've been rotating sparring targets to get around that, but that creates a lot of extra work in having to wear the new sparring target down again.

I was trying out the Level 80 version on the new Open World Bounty. I was working Photon Blast into a regular combination. I didn't even see the artifact proc in that fight. I had to go back to combat log later to see what happened:
    [Damage Out] La-Mort Card damaged Nth Metal Golem for 49095

I know it is only Level 80, but it doesn't seem very impressive when you are trying to work your Finisher into the 36-100% health rotation for suboptimal damage. The fight took 3 1/2 minutes.

Should the combat line have some mention of "Impending Doom"?
    • Like x 3
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just providing feedback on the Impending Doom proc:

Trying out the Level 180 version of the artifact at 45908 Might, it took 2 minutes 10 seconds to get a Sparring Target to 35% health using only Photon Blast. The resulting La Mort Card proc did 64308 damage.

The only hope I have for testing the 70 stack proc at level 200 on a Sparring Target is to remove a lot of gear.

The only way I feel like I'll be able to get a good assessment of this artifact is to start recording 100%->0% kill times to see how various rotations perform. I can compare running a "normal" loadout versus one centered around a Finisher.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This artifact is doomed to cause Frustration
    ~mark my words~:)
  14. danijhln New Player

just jump cancel your finisher, it still gives a stack. I was counting from 1 to 70 and the dmg number I got at end was 220k non crit but at the same time with the feedback others have given if your stacks have a 1min long duration that would mean I lost stacks as I was stacking the stacks to see the stacked dmg.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Idea:

Since Artifacts often tend to synergize, how about a Synergy between La Mort and Solar Amplifier by turning the Heat Vision into a Finisher.

This would Play in the Cards of a lot of Might Dps' (Pun intended)
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyro Committed Player

Lets make something incredibly over powered
    • Like x 1
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

having to sacrifice 1 Slot of your Artifacts to turn Heat Vision into a finisher wouldn't make it "incredibly overpowered" because the La Mort Artifact is not that great in Terms of effect AND in Terms of base stats. (at least in the current state)
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyro Committed Player

heat vision plus solar amp is already very strong adding a finishing ability to it would make it over powered then adding the finisher artifact on top of that would make it incredibly overpowered
    • Like x 1
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

first of all by deleting my Name i dont get the notification, that you replied to me :rolleyes:

back to Topic: I mean, that the La Mort Artifact turns the Heat Vision into a Finisher ability. So if you dont use La Mort, its still the same as before.
  20. Cyro Committed Player

Not done on purpose, sometimes that just happens and i don't care enough to fix it.

I understand what you are saying but what you are asking would be over powered. I'm sure la mort isnt performing as well as it should(havent tested it but seems wonky) but adding that cross functionality would make solar amp too powerful and would become the meta. Devs nerfed vwd because it was over powered yes but also because they didnt want to force prec users to need to have the artifact. With solar amp as a finisher with la mort it would make that combo the meta for might users and sm would require you to have them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.