500+ time capsules later and no neon material

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doctor Wyrd, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Doctor Wyrd New Player

Nor the speed force item needed to complete the thunderstorm aura collection for that matter. The single one available currently on the player market is going for 900mil, so that's out.

Maybe I just had really extraordinarily rotten luck but I thought I would post this to let folks know not to get too excited about the prospect of the new neon material or the aura.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

As long as there are people foolish enough to open 500 of them, nothing is going to change.
    • Like x 15
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Just don't open that many capsules. So DCUO , would increase drop rate.
    • Like x 1
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I would like to get the neon material but there's no way I'm spending anything close to that to try and get it.
  5. Doctor Wyrd New Player

"As long as there are people foolish enough to open 500 of them, nothing is going to change."

Not that it made my purchases any less foolish but I must admit that after a while I developed a morbid curiosity concerning the abysmal drop rate that propelled me on.
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And they attached a feat to this one
    • Like x 2
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Really? I don't believe they've attached feats to these drops before have they? Isn't it only the collections, gear, emblems that had feats before?
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. First time

25 pt feat
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Yin or Yang
    Collect one of the Black or White Neon Chroma styles.
    25 point feat

I learned a long time ago from Cryptic Games not to spend money on loot boxes unless the droprates are published.
    • Like x 4
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it is as it has always been. time capsules take the p*ss. you knew that, surely? I'm not criticising you, please, believe me, I'm not, but I am amazed that people keep falling for this cr*p over & over & over again. hope springs eternal, I guess.
  11. Doctor Wyrd New Player

"it is as it has always been. time capsules take the p*ss. you knew that, surely?"

I started this game this past spring when the Shazam capsules were active. I actually had pretty good drop rates from those to complete collections I wanted. This new one is the first since that had further collections that interested me, so I foolishly thought it would be similar. How wrong I was. Oh well, live and learn.
    • Like x 1
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I got lucky with one of them, too. the Drowned one, I think? can't remember exactly. thing is, every time a new capsule comes out we get one of these threads. again, not a criticism, just a statement. it's an ongoing complaint. the rng sucks in this game. still, like you rightly say, you live & you learn. I hope your luck picks up, matey.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Didn't think to stop after 20? 50? 100? 250? Still going at 500? :eek:
    • Like x 7
  14. Awsome Well-Known Player

did you at least get all the collections et al. done?
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

Yeah, but when people complain on the Cryptic forums, you get nice discussions on probability.
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

im honestly intrigued...did you really open 500 capsules
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

18. Doctor Wyrd New Player

"im honestly intrigued...did you really open 500 capsules"

Indeed I did. Here's the thing: I make a comfortable living and MMOs are one of my major hobbies. So, I don't mind spending money to get what I want; and even though I payed considerably more today than what I initially intended, I won't go hungry because of it. Also, I did get several items I sold on the player market to buy some other materials and auras for my collection. So not a total loss.

However, and back to my original post, I did open a tremendous amount of capsules but the two of the main items advertised as being possibilities did not drop. Working as intended? I understand this game is very niche and has to make money somehow to pay for its employees and infrastructure but still the fact remains that except for a very lucky few, these items will remain out of the reach of the rest.

If someone like me who has more money than sense can't get these items, what chance does anyone less fortunate have? This certainly does put a cloud over the game which is a bit ironic given the thunderstorm aura was one of the items I wanted.
    • Like x 2
  19. TANK69 Well-Known Player

You are part of the problem. As long as there will be ppl who foolish enough to buy those pocket **** show in bulk, nothings will be change.
    • Like x 3
  20. Red Raptor Active Player

There aren't any on the broker and I haven't seen anyone even wearing one. Are they even dropping?
    • Like x 3