Being kicked from random que Monsters of Metal 8-Player raid.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Batrederik, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I Joined Monsters of Metal in last boss. Tank puls everything and just keeps running losing aggro. So... . I got kicked because i asked A person to switch role, and I was not listened to”. and for saying' "I'd appreciate:) if you could pull on 1 instead of 7." After doing it two wipes in a row. Apparently they didn't appreciate my input.
    ? So, you vote to kick? ...
    It feels to me like this random que team is made of two groups who are trying to outdo each other..
    I mean, thats' really utterly way off base thing to do! Why would you vote *kick* ? If you dont like it, just leave the group!
    I don't even see a reason to do so...
    Only childish would kick someone out of a random que raid. That has been the absolute most, most low thing to do. "(his raid went on to never pass the last boss so it was a lost cause anyway). And i gave him the response "I'll put you on my ignore list, bye " probably the most satisfying moment.
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Had to get that off my chest, feels a lot better.

From now on... I only que for solo instances. Only one in group, then and *i* can handle that.
    • Like x 1
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

So why didn't you just leave the group of you didn't like it?
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On EU (I’m pretty OP is on EU too) sometimes you just have to try and work with whatever and whoever you can get. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

To be fair that's the risk with random questions. Reason they have 3 hr wait timer
  6. Brit Loyal Player

The Kick function has a real purpose in the game. In your specific situation, you are joining in to a raid that is already in progress, with players who have been working together for some time. Your input as a fresh set of eyes can be incredibly valuable; however, the recommendations and changes you suggest may have already been addressed before your arrival. If "Player X", for example, had already run as a 2nd Tank and the results had been repeated wipes, perhaps they determined that Player X had insufficient gear to effectively fill that alternative role, or perhaps it was determined the loss of their contributions in DPS was resulting in too much of a build-up of adds. Sometimes you will bring a fresh outlook as a new player and help point an unsuccessful group in the right direction, but it can just as easily turn out to be that a new join-in simply wants the players to repeat unsuccessful strategies that they've already tried and failed with.

As for the idea that other players, if they do not feel that you are a good fit for that final slot, they should leave themselves rather than kick you... to that I would call hogwash. Those other players cleared the first 2 bosses and earned their way to the final boss, whereas you simply joined in at the end. If they leave, they have a partially completed raid where they must either replay badge it without having finished, repeat the first two bosses without loot, or just give up for the week and miss out on the final boss. If you leave, since you are NOT loot-locked on the first two bosses, you are open to join any other fresh raid. You have practically nothing invested in the raid in the way of time or effort compared to them, and by your departure you are the one least inconvenienced.

Ultimately, if a player doesn't like the entire group that they are in (the way you were describing you felt), then it is ideal to leave. However, if the majority of the group only has issue with a single player, that is the purpose of the Vote Kick, to remove a single problem player and allow the group to otherwise remain intact. Who knows. Perhaps the actual reason for the kick was to re-invite the original player filling that slot whom had been disconnected, to allow them to return to the instance that they had helped clear.

Whether a raid is Random Queue or Pre-Made is irrelevant. If anything, random queue is more likely to need the kick because random queue hasn't taken the preparatory steps to make sure the group's role compositions are ideal.

Ultimately, don't take the vote-kick personal. Getting kicked doesn't mean that you're bad. It's not an insult. I've seen people get kicked for issues such as excessive profanity, or just leaving an open mic so we are all stuck listening to them chewing in our ears. I've seen people be kicked for role composition reasons. "Sorry, we just don't need two controllers right now." "Sorry, but we really need a second Tank for this fight." Nothing personal. And in the end, if the group was as awful as you described, why on earth would you want to stick with them anyways? If I'm in a horrible failure of a group, I love being kicked. It means I can get a better group and try again, and that I don't have to take the short deserter flag for leaving.

It'll be okay, mate. Just queue up again and run with different people. There's no reason to let them take your enjoyment from the game. You lost nothing and you have full opportunity to take a fresh run where you're not missing out on the first two bosses.
    • Like x 3
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

You don't have to. You have other options, however, you may not like those options.
  8. myandria Item Storage

I understand your frustration; this is why I always immediately leave a random queue if I queue in and the group is already at the last boss; it usually doesn't go well for me.
    • Like x 1
  9. KeithaH New Player

Yeah. that tends to happen a lot with entering on the last boss situation. I've been kicked when I was highest cr in group and doing most damage in group. Not sure why...kind of confused on that one.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The interface for kicking (actually, voting in general) isn't the greatest. If that was a completely random group, it's highly possible just one guy started the vote and a few other selected yes by mistake because it's the same sequence as loot that's in our muscle memory.
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Well, that's the rub... because if someone new comes in, makes a suggestion and then the rest don't reply with the information you've just mentioned, that new person will feel exactly like the observations are falling on deaf ears (blind eyes?)... All it takes is for someone to say, "Sorry... don't have gear for it," "Already tried... no luck," or "Not enough burn if I switch."

The problem with that is... sometimes the cause of the problem is one of the people in the group playing one of the roles, and the rest of the group doesn't want to admit it.

Or my favorite when it comes to random queues... those who check the box of a role they cannot or will not play. The only reason they checked it is because they could and it would get the queue moving faster for them despite its making life hell for 3 or 7 other people.

Absolutely. If the group doesn't like you and wants to waste their kick on you that's their business.

The only time it becomes an actual problem is when you are the 8th man in a group where the rest of them are in one league... so they kick you to bring in a league mate who only needs last boss.
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

People kick people from groups for stupid reasons all the time. I joined a group for BB we had a tank and two dps, so I decide I will run as a healer, maybe tank want to run as dps, I was removed from the group. So I shrug my shoulder and will just find another group, I know I'll get in as a dps or healer.
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I random queue in all the time. Most times it works out ok, but if I come in on LB and am going to stay, the first thing I do is look at the time and scoreboard. If I see time that seems excessive (like for MOMR, I'd say 45+ min at this point is excessive) or a long list of people, I'll ask "so what's the problem?". Most times it's "player X had to go" or "our XYZ role got DCd and didn't come back"...in which case, assuming we are all set with roles...lets give it a shot...or a few shots. If the question goes unanswered or if the answer is "SHUT THE F UP..." kind of garbage, I wave goodbye and walk out then wait 5 or 10 min before re-queing to avoid the same group. I'm not looking to join a poop-show run and only get 1/3 the loot anyway.

Not saying it happens a lot, but I'm trying to complete stuff...and there are some runs that you just know are going no-where when you pug in late in the run. Yeah, getting kicked kind of sucks, but consider it a favor if the run was going nowhere.

Reinheld
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

just read this, and you will know *

It has never happened. But, yeah I now know..

After i got kicked, it felt like I Got Punched in the Stomach.

It was pretty low to do. just votekicked for quite literally no reason at all, after having waited 10+ minutes for a queue. I simply logged off to play Fornite at that point. In retrospect I should've submitted a ticket against these obviously votekick abusing players, but I wasn't in the raid long enough to even remember their names .. just only 2 :)
    I wish they would implement role locking. Like you are forced to play the role you queue as. I don't care that their gear is +50 over requirements
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It does at first... after some time you'll learn how to egg them on to make them waste their kicks, at which point you send a tell saying, "Feel better now?" :)

So you found a better use of your time. :)

That's something I wish they would do too... or implement something that prevents you from queuing in with a role for which you have no armory set up. Even just basically inverting the list or starting the cursor on "Damage" (or whatever role you are currently in) rather than always on Tank/Healer/Controller... The implementation of this is not necessarily easy.
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Ever the patient individual I'm sure there are plenty of us who try to help people out, but there are limits to our mercy - I find that 50% of the time people just rage when I politely suggest an change in playstyle, 25% are very appreciative and say they'll look into it.

That's the point, while what you say is perfectly true Brit* I would say that 90% of the time, a kick is for a legitimate reason.

In the case of a player causing problems (acting like an idiot, being disruptive, etc), sticking them with 4 entirely new people is just making them someone else's problem.

In the case of a player performing extremely poorly, the problem again is not solved. So yeah.[/quote]
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

i gave him the response "I'll put you on my ignore list, bye " probably the most satisfying moment.

This is exactly my opinion. Yeah, i did.

There are probably problems with this but I though just throw something in here. But *yes*
  18. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Oh man that must've been infuriating! ^
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

That is something that should not ever be a thing period, because it leads to troll votes being passed very easily.
    • Like x 1
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I had to message you again.
    i just couldn't leave, i:) know it doesn't make sense but somehow I see myself as Frieza.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.