A DLC i hope we get in 2020

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

I hope we get a DLC that involves us going to Hell and Heaven. For Heroes we have to help them stop Hell's legions from invading Earth and for Villains we have to help them invade Earth. We could finally have villainous villains again and Spectre and PS could finally have a larger role in the game.
    • Like x 3
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

I just hope for a dlc with less than 50% recycled content.
    • Like x 7
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Personally would prefer we stay away from the demon stuff... but, anything new is better.

A phantom stranger/spectr/dr fate dlc would be cool where your questioning your characters morality
    • Like x 5
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Agree,I'm not fond of demonic stuff at all.
    • Like x 4
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If they could get approval for it from DC Comics, something involving the Legion of Superheroes... possibly in 2 parts... first part taking place "today" while the second part has us travel to the future.
    • Like x 8
  6. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Oh yeah a Spawn dlc. Just saying. Pretty sure they'd be able to get Todd McFarlane to endorse it. That would be awesome imo.
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

but why... it's so much fun....
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

We've been to so many Hells now.

But that said we haven't explored Celestial City much even though we went to a chamber there and New Genesis.

I suppose the DC equivalent here would be another Darkseid episode? But a proper one this time with elite raids as hard or harder than DWFe. Highfather should be introduced too.
    • Like x 1
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I keep saying a humor related DLC would be nice. Thunder Bunny, Captain Carrot, etc. might be a nice change of pace. This could work because the main villains would be Emperor Joker. (Joker once got the power of Mr. Myxzptlk.)

It'll never happen, but have one based on Sandman. The Dreaming would be an open world area with each of the Endless having their own area to explore. *watches floating fish go by*

Revamp PvP and give us Warworld. A huge arena we can enter where we gain marks based on how we bet on ourselves. Meaning: I bet $20,000 I can last more than 10 minutes without being killed." If you win you'd get some marks. The way you bet would be pre-made selections. This way if you're in tank mode it would take a longer period of time to get marks than if you were in DPS mode. Controllers and Healers would also have their own listings and bet on how much power or heals they give out during a certain period of time. And notice, you only get Marks and not the cash back. So it would be a good way to get cash out of the game.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If even talking about religion is BANNED in the dcuo discord I would doubt they'd plan a episode release around the cut and dry concept of Heaven and Hell and delivering people from the depths of hell and making them righteous again.

The demonic undertones of Trigon have been covered with multiple raids, alerts, duos and a survival mode
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yes! They need to do something Legion related. It truly is one of DC's best properties, so much potential there for multiple episodes. The 31st Century would make a great open world zone. Just don't make it 31st Century Gotham or Metropolis...
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I don’t understand the push for this game to be about demonology. We’ve just had an entire year centered on Cthulhu, pentagrams, 666, etc. It’s not enough?
    • Like x 1
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

While I certainly support your desire to have more defined hero/villain storylines, the truth is that we've already been to Olympus and Hades, which are already Heaven/Hell stand-ins. And then there's Trigon's realm. And Chaos Gotham has demons running all over it.

You know where we haven't been? Thanagar and Rann. How about the devs allow us to choose sides in the Thanagar/Rann War, no matter which affiliation we currently have? We could do the same in the Vega system, with/against The Citadel and/or The Spider Guild. Might shake up the whole hero/villain thing.

Or send us to Skartaris to hunt dinosaurs. Or the 31st Century.

Atlantis was so well-done. I guess I'm just craving something on that scale - some place that REALLY feels new! Is it too much to ask for something HUGE for the 10th Anniversary?
    • Like x 2
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

• Like x 3
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

There's So Many other things in the DC comics universe they can make things of,Demons and heaven and hell is overused and yea I Know we are not supposed to talk relegion so I won't even though with topic like this it's hard for me not to say something ;):p
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

we had demons, u know what we didnt have yet ? Martians !
    • Like x 4
  17. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Earth 3, Deluge, Titanks, Atlantis, and JLD were nothing?

All of those had way more than 50% new stuff. This is the only episode in over a year that one could maybe say they recycled an abundance of stuff. And even then, look at all the new styles and extras we've been getting in addition over that time period. Accessories, Movement Styles, a ton of new styles and base items, a more beginner friendly 1-30, and the remaking for a new video game platfrom.

I doubt this game has a giant development staff, and I hear that Daybreak doesn't treat them like slaves. So with all the new and updated stuff we've been getting over the past year and a half, something had to give. I'm fine with them reusing a few old maps that no one goes to anymore.

We can pay for a subscription by checking couch cushions, laundry pockets, and the bottom of our purses (and in a pinch, raiding the change tray at your gas station). Stop being so entitled.
    • Like x 1
  18. Draconiano Committed Player

I guess you don't play the game at all.
    This isn't a fashion game were people play just to dress their character, gameplay IS important like it or not.
    The art team is doing great, but there are more aspects of the game. They forgot about the PvP? fine, but then improve the PvE, make it better so we don't think about the PvP anymore.
    Cool, I respect your opinion but I disagree.
    How many times they used Gotham?, the Batcave?, Central City? etc..
    I could understand that we go to Gotham several times, it's an important place and it's big enough, with some little changes it looks kinda different, but Central City is always the same little map that feels like a cage and there isn't any changes at all.
    I'm sorry but not everyone lives in a first world country where you could get $15 as easily as you think. There are more countries in the world and this game is available in most of them.
  19. Brit Loyal Player

With Doomsday Clock winding to a close in DC Comics, I would really like to see a Watchmen themed Episode, so that we can have the game fold those characters into main continuity like the comics, and we can have the advantage of a few cool style pieces like Rorschak's mask.
    • Like x 2
  20. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Yes please! That mask would be awesome!
    • Like x 2