you're MAKING us watch cutscenes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrauFever, Nov 4, 2019.

1. FrauFever New Player

i just ran my Nth toon through the scarlet speedster, the least fun solo ever, and when it gave me my stuff, i left, before the cutscene finished. i did NOT get credit for running it, i killed the boss, got my gear and left, but apparently we HAVE to watch the cutscene? even if i'm not entertained by it? even if it's the 2th? 14th? 16th? time i've seen it?
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? **** with the cutscene crap. i hate them to begin with, i'm not here for story, i'm here for gameplay. i know some of you are here for story, so stay and watch the damn thing if you want to. i do NOT want to HAVE to watch any of them, ever. most of them are boring, make no sense, are full of grammar errors, and no ones upper lip ever moves....
    if you want to watch them, watch them, DON'T MAKE ME....
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is a little console that you can use if you do not want to see the cut scenes.
    • Like x 6
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

To add onto that, it's inside the Flash Museum just as you turn to go activate The Flash. It will flash on the screen when you get close to it that you can deactivate the cutscenes.
    • Like x 7
  4. FrauFever New Player

i know about the console. this was a new toon, that had not done it before, so no skipping.
    and they've done this to me before, when i HAVE clicked the console.....you either watch the whole thing, or you don't get credit. you CANNOT get your gear and just leave, you have to let them finish what they want you to see. even if you've done it before, you have to let the little blank with the "moments later" tag go by, or it won't count
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Are you in a rush? Clean your inventory if ur waiting for the cutscene 2 end. Hell u can even warp just not leave via on duty
    • Like x 3
  6. FrauFever New Player

there, in a dismissive answer, is more information than daybreak has ever volunteered to us. you can warp, just not leave via on duty...i did not know that it made a difference. now that i do, i'll use it. would have been nice if i knew that a long time ago, like maybe put it in the "manual"....
    i know you weren't really trying to be helpful, but you were, so thank you...you're a more useful source of information than the operators of the game.....
    • Like x 1
  7. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

o_O Why not complain about cut scenes, everything else has been done already.
    • Like x 3
  8. FrauFever New Player

i complain about things that are broken, and / or stupid. if you don't say anything, they won't ever fix anything...of course, they never fix anything anyway....so maybe you have a point...not much point in wasting breath complaining about stuff they'll never fix. they won't even fix typos in cutscenes, which would literally require two keystrokes to fix....
  9. Gro Level 30

It would be nice for a check to be done on cutscenes, even on group content. If everyone in a 1-2-4-8 man group has already completed the mission, why not auto-disable the cutscenes? Watching them 5 times is cool, but after playing the game for years they really are just a huge time sink and annoyance. Earth 3 the visitor comes to mind as one of the most annoying and longest. Seasonal content also.
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Personally I love seeing my characters in cut scenes but i get that there are some that are way too long or awkwardly placed.

with the new solo there should be another off switch just before the fight with red death that disables the end credits.

to my knowledge finishing an instance doesn't count until you see the scoreboard.
  11. Panderus Senior Producer

I actually looked into this the other day. A lot of our cut scenes are also setting up actors the way we want them so it looks a little silly if you don't watch the cut scene as setup with things teleporting around. We also have to build in protection so you aren't wailing on the boss if you did skip the cut scene.

That said, it would be something I would like us to investigate at some point to make more of these optional. They are cool the first time, but they tend to kind of get old on your 52nd run of an instance.
    • Like x 7
  12. FrauFever New Player

they can wail on us during cutscenes, you can see them doing it some times. the brother eye end fight comes to mind immediately. you click a terminal, get attacked, then immediately put into a cutscene, while the drones and omacs just keep beating your...posterior...
    and they do it at least three times during that fight.
    • Like x 2
  13. AV Loyal Player

They also outright double run time for a lot of things, or worse. Factor in 5250 times through all cutscenes when doing LPVE general feats and that's thousands of hours per person effectively lost forever.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It would be especially nice if it were available for duos, alerts, and raids too... just make it a console that everyone has to hit upon entry, and have it follow the same rules as the one in the solo instances. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The problem is that although get the loot immediately (unlike the Klarion fight where you really were 'forced' to watch the cutscene before the loot), Oracle does not update the mission till after the cutscene, so if you leave, she never talks and the 'guided tour' mission never advances. Sucks to be sure, but you could equally complain that the next step is to go save Gordon where you get no loot and can potentially spend a lot of time or get a lot of damage in there.

Good rule of thumb is to always check the 'guide' mission to make sure it's on the next step before leaving. I've run MOM 10 times and because I 'leave instance' right away the 'guide' mission is still in my journal. But that's on purpose...waiting till 3x weekend to cash it in for the 15 marks vs 5 (pro tip).

Yeah...and in addition to stuff like the omac fight, there is SS raid where if you are flying into the room, the cutscene comes up and you continue flying and often will end up on the balcony outside the fight area when the cutscene is over with no chance to warp to rally because you are 'in combat'...which of course, you are not.

But there really are better things to crab about. Not to be dismissive, but watch it the one time per toon on 1st run....then never again by pressing the console at the start.

Reinheld
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Why this hasn't been worked out years ago blows my mind. Along with many other quality of life changes. You should have us watch or not watch the story for the ep before playing the content. that way there is no cutscenes in content. Easy done just like that everyone's happy
    • Like x 1
  17. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Nobody MAKES me work, but if I want to get paid and get credit for my work, I have to do it.

Watch the cutscene one time on that character. This isn't something game breaking or bugged. Nothing to complain about.
    • Like x 2
  18. Sivulla Dedicated Player

My favourite cutscene is where the guy goes "rats, it aint ever rats. go warn Diego, we got company"

thn U watch that few hundred times because back then that was one of the fastest duos.

Just some #dcuoboomer things.
    • Like x 1
  19. AutoBot Rage Active Player

sorry it doesn't happen that way..Please add it in the settings to turn them off completely.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I refuse to play that map because of the rehash. T2.5 in Tier 9. The devs do not grind this game like we do, they do not understand the pain.
    • Like x 1