Dev Discussion Episode 35: Monsters of Metal 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Sep 12, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

Thanks for the quick reply. You da man!
  2. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Theres an easy fix for that. Reading books :D

Jokes aside I understand your point and a red skull would be amazing but there are a lot of other boss mechanics that have never had a red text or a red skull that players had to learn through animations simply.

I am for having a skull symbol tho since of course thats a great solution.
  3. The Nightcrawler New Player

@Danne0075 I could be wrong but I don’t believe there have been other mechanics in the game that cause a one shot to the entire group even with a group shield up that do not have a skull icon appear. Even with the strongest group shield in the game (atomic tank) with 28500 dominance it will still kill you if you don’t block.

Please add the skull back. I don’t mind that the animation seems sped up and that they took away the text but we should at minimum get the skull icon back. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  4. Ully Committed Player

Regarding the Merciless' one shot, while I agree there should be a skull for it, its actually more interesting without the skull. In our run, it made everyone more aware and it required more communication. There's a visual tell for it (when he jumps in the air), so group members should be paying attention to it regardless.
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

Any updates on this? It's pretty terrible right now and all his other indications are bugging as well.

The animation is frequently either not happening at all or happening once the damage is dealt. I only ever saw the red text come late a single time when it was in, now he's just a buggy mess in general.
  6. AV Loyal Player

Update: Saturday was bug-city with Merc giving no indication, including not stopping attacking for a few seconds before lethal and with damage drastically leading first indication for everyone in the group. He seemed stable on Sunday but, that said, I crashed 3-4 times the moment his lethal attack landed despite having no crashes in a long long time. Knowing when to block was never an issue at least so was fine overall. Still needs the skull but wondering if this is a server/reset issue causing him to be derpy af sometimes, especially since when he goes buggy bananas it happens the same way for the whole group.
  7. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Im disapointed whit the merciless having a skull, like ully said, it made merciless just like any other boss instead of a real threat.
    In regards of solo tank is very feasable. On first boss there not to much gain though, nor would i recomend it.
    On Ivy boss is like the best way to do it since the amount of adds is limited and the dps's can burn them rather quick.
    Last boss, is meeh. If you know what u doing, robins shouldnt be a threat. Batman only does skull when someone has alloy(no real threat, plus one of the healers can lunge him). Merciless was by far the most intimidating, but now solo tanking this is just like walking in a park, easy.
    PS: Even Robins are more terrifying that the punny johnny quick. (reflect mechanic needed like zoom)
  8. AV Loyal Player

The skull's rly no easier than the 5 seconds of him not doing anything, it just made it an artificial challenge due to the callout bugging out and, at its worse, there being no warning whatsoever and him basically clipping it onto his normal attacks at the very last second. So yes, it's "easier" now but that's because it's not broken anymore.
  9. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Whenever he started walking slow u could tell, that he was about to do skull. Do u feel any threat from johnny quick 2.0 a.k.a Red Death?
  10. AV Loyal Player

That's exactly what I just said, ie. 5 seconds of him not doing anything. However, that was bugged for a time as well. Nothing else in the game has a guaranteed mechanical one-shot without an on-screen cue and the arena size is such that he can move outside of draw distance, so providing the skull does nothing to make the fight any easier than it was and not having the skull is just a huge middle finger to anyone hearing impaired.

RD is not a threat, he's just an element of randomness in the the war of attrition that is this fight.
  11. Ully Committed Player

That's weird. My experience has been completely different. Before he does the one shot, there are three tells; two of them are visual indicators (slow walk and a jump) and one is an audible tell (he says something about destroying you). Btw, I agree that there should be a chevron for the one shot, but even without the red text, or a chevron, that's 3 cues for players to prepare for the oncoming one shot.
    • Like x 1
  12. AV Loyal Player

It's fixed now, it was just whack while they were working on it still. Went from frequently giving no indication with the attack happening as though it was clipped onto regular attacks -> working except for the lack of the chevron -> working completely. Pretty quick turnaround.
  13. JackFrost Developer

Sorry that I was out of the office for a while there, but there should be a chevron/skull tell for the Merciless attack (it went out on 9/23 I believe).

One minor additional fix to make sure the Ice Giant's charge attack doesn't damage a player-character more than once should be forthcoming in a future hotfix, but likely not this week.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I thought you’d like someone to confirm that the Merciless fix is out and is working as intended now. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Question about the Red Death portion of this raid. Is his lightning orbitals meant to follow the troll at all times. Not sure if it's just me but my league mates have seen this in our league runs of Monsters of metal elite. Whether I'm moving or standing still the lightning is bouncing me around like a pinball.
  16. JackFrost Developer

The Red Death-related lightning mechanic isn't set up to target any specific role more than others.
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

One thing I have seen in this raid is that if you are one of the people transporting metal you lose supercharge after you pass it on. I've started several times with a full bar only to see it rather depleted after just a simple transport operation. Is this a bug? Is it related to how you lose supercharge when you have the Scrap of the Soul Cloak equipped, transform, then transform back at the conclusion and find that you're missing the extra supercharge granted by it?

And I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've seen pets (eg, Crystal, Brick, or Fury) go away when you transport metal as well thus requiring you bring them back out.
  18. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Your loadout changes so your pets disappear. It makes sense.

For supercharge it does go away but normally for me always comes back, if its been lowered i have no idea but for me from what ive noticed its there and is not depleted once i pass/deliver alloy
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I reported this a while back: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ercharge-bar-fill-and-transformations.304225/

I first noticed it when I ran the Seahorse race in Atlantis and in the Cancer room of Silent School on my Quantum toon. If, during the cut scene of the Cancer room or before I started the race I removed the Scrap and then flashed my armory after being done, my supercharge bar would be full... but if I left it in place during the transformation periods, the extra supercharge granted by the artifact was not restored in spite of starting with a full supercharge bar. I then started observing if it was just related to those two items or anything further... and found that it occurs with any transformation... Seahorse race, Cancer room, any LPVE run, spore or seedling forms in the Poison Ivy fight of Monsters of Metal, and transportation of the metal in the Batman who Laughs fight of Monsters of Metal.