No Reason To Sub Anymore

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

There is literally only 1 reason why I would ever sub to DCUO and not just buy the Episodes when they come out.

Unlimited Access to In-Game Money.

All the other perks are moot.
    • Like x 9
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

EXACTLY this.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

Hey as long as It's a constructive argument It's fine ;)
    I see what you mean. Again I'll note I'm not against updating the benefits.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is a good point. Access to the DLC's is fine as long as it's the current DLC. Once a new one drops, the previous one becomes a near ghost town. Go to Starro Central City right now. Hell, I've gone to the first CC and it is literally a ghost town. I go there to get the bounties for the feat and I'm the only one there. New players can't do the level specific missions/duos/alerts/raids. They might as well get rid of the original raids as it's impossible to do them and what's worse, they nerfed higher levels so you can't solo them either so forget those feats. Alts are a thing of the past. PVP is completely dead. DBG has completely taking the fun out of this game and turned it into a grind. Even back in the days of Marks of Allegiance this game was 100x more fun. Grindy, yes, but you had no problem getting groups for anything. How are you supposed to create alts or new players come in when you can't build a group for Gorilla Island, Bludhaven, etc.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

$16 / 30 days in a month... $0.53 a day. Even if you play only an average of one or two hours a day, that's a bargain.
    • Like x 3
  6. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I don't want more character slot, I want more armory in a base. I see armories can replace character slots.
    • Like x 2
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

How is it meant for alts when you can't trade?
  8. Eve YouTuber

Seems like it meant for lower characters, and alts are usually lower characters. I know you can't trade
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd like to point out that no where in here does it say 'access to all content'. Which is sad and funny at the same time since in theory that should be one of the most valuable things we get. A few of these I'd rebutt though as to the 'value' of some of these things.
    3. It's very easy to have someone form you a league and promote you. It's a benefit, but minimal
    4. Only beneficial if you spend MORE money on the game....so it does not really add to the value of the sub itself
    6. It's only 10 more than premium...still more, but who the heck is F2P anyway?
    7. Again, assuming anyone is at all invested in this game, I'd assume they are premium, so item trade is already there.
    11. Other than the single mark in there, is there any value to promethium boxes anymore? 90% of the time I take the omega or repair bot and I've got stacks of those already personally...most people I know do.

Maybe there is value in subbing for a while....but yeah, it does seem to have deminishing returns if you are at near endgame and just want to experience the new content, which you can for free. The only things of real value are the money related items....unlimited cash, free replays, loyalty points, cash trade.

I still sub, but have premium accounts which I could see having just about as much fun on as well. Maybe more as I would not be consumed with trying to hustle money to buy 500 Million dollar collections or list 80 things in the broker.

Reinheld

EDIT....you did indeed say 'episodes' in your post....I missed it at the end of line 13. Apologies.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

I thought we have around 16 armories in a single base? Unless I'm mistaken.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

Well "Access to all powers, shield weapon, skimming movement, free access to lair system and episodes" is basically all content but I can see how it can be confusing. If I could edit my message, I would. I totally understand that membership is outdated, however I still think It's the best way to play. And that's what I'm saying, It's a minimal benefit^^
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not to split hairs, but it would take 17.5 days to open one mega cause you are banking 3 extra fragments every 3 days(6x3=18 and 18-15=3. So 7stabX15frags=105 frags/6=17.5 runs). So round numbers, you could open 2 megas in 35 days...which if you started at 0 when they launched and ran down the 14 day timers on them should be just about enough time to open 2 before your last ones dissolve.

Conversely, a premium who gets 4 fragments a day can open one in 26.25 days, so they will get to open 1 if starting at 0 fragments when megas launched.

So glass half empty guy says..."premiums open only 1 less mega than a paying subscriber". Glass half full guy says..."Members get to open DOUBLE the megas as premium". Same difference, different view.

And you are right...the best thing in the vault is the Mark Hamill voice acting for Joker, but even that wears thin after the 1,000,000th time. I actually normally only hit it once a week on most toons to get the 3000 Nth drop.

Personally I agree. There should be more benefit to membership other than the occasional nugget we get to pull from a promethium box or episode treasure box. I still say our monthly grant should include SOC/SOP or 2-3 stabilizers, but obviously that impact the bottom line for DBG directly.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That is correct.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

For this event we should at least get a stabilizer every day. This way we can open 1 capsule a week or at least 1 stabilizer every other day so we can open 1 every 2 weeks but giving subscribers absolutely nothing is BS.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

This game should have no subscription, no free2play limitations and episodes shouldn`t be locked behind paywalls. I know devs need to eat, but I doubt this game gives them a lot of money, as well as I'm sure they`d gain more if the game was free.

Change my mind.
    • Like x 1
  16. tinoman Dedicated Player

I wish this game was more alt friendly. You should get extra xp bonus when leveling augments,artifacts on alts. As long as you have artifacts , augments above the alts level. I believe 1 stabilizer per day isn't too much too give since the drop rates for collections are terrible.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I also play Age of Conan and their free model has it all over this one. There are no money restrictions and the only limitations are you can only have 2 characters and your bank isn't as large. Otherwise, you have access to the entire game which has far more worlds than this has.
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Yet here you are playing DC, writing on the forums.

Begs the question, how popular is that game and how does it compare to other games with the population.

When ever people wish to point out flaws they only see things through a very narrow viewpoint and it is heavily based on what they like, the model they like, and what is ever they see as having value.

I am not going to defend this game, but I will say that there are way enough people who play this game that will tell you that, that game is trash, they only will play DC and they love it.

They don't care about the bugs, the lag, they don't have a problem with queues or making friends.

They will easily drop 100's if not more on a chance just to be the first or top dog.

Take a break and venture out and you'd have a totally different experience.

Because what ever you go and play will be totally different, because none of the developers are from DC and they definitely don't think a like.

No game is the same.

So if that game gives you what you like have at it and good luck

DB is holding the game back, they refuse to invest in to the game, which is sad, considering it is the only game of its kind out there right now.

If they made it the staple, they could make a lot of money.
    • Like x 3
  19. Nogreen Active Player

Then dont sub, i will keep my sub and keep buying their Daybreak money untill im bored of the game. :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The population there isn't much different than here. As for your 'advice', are you familiar with the term rub it on your chest? You're opinion isn't supreme and I know people who play both games and walked away from this one because it got stale. And venture out. I'm no kid living in his mother's basement. I venture out plenty. Unlike you I have a job. I have kids. I even own an RV and have been all up and down the east coast with it. I play this game for maybe an hour or so a day. And re-hashing the same content gets old. Fast. So, you keep throwing good money after bad. It's your choice.
    • Like x 2