Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Nogreen Active Player

I want Cyborg/Batman/Superman/Robin/Daredevil with dual wielding Sticks at start and not something you can only get at 30 and CR230.
    That is also with the Emblems or Emblems at cost of Max 70 Quarks and 2xxCash each.
    Kinda ruins the will to play when you cant even play your favorite Hero.
  2. Megzilla Developer

If we have a good place to put something like the qipao that's not just the marketplace, I can inquire what our options are. Do men have something similar?
    Drowned cloth sim elements and the trenchcoats have clothsim on the chest portion. Is the Wizardly dress thing just chest piece or is the skirt part the pants as well? We don't have cloth sim on legs as far as I know.

Putting facial hair on skins might be an interesting alternative to get around our hair/facial hair problem.. maybe make them take up the "make up" slot or just have their own skin entirely. When we get ready to get going on skins again I will revisit this with the character team and see what we can do. One of our ideas to achieve fishnets is to put it on the skin like a tattoo (since fishnets just wont work with the new skin shaders).
    • Like x 1
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

nuuuuu dont do thattt xD my pirate is kinda dead. unless his beard is gonna give him living flesh again. #MagicWhiskers
  4. Megzilla Developer

Haha. Ill write it down, cuz that is definitely a look.
    I think we have some old AF pumps like this, but I feel we are due for new ones. The unique-for-npc style shoes usually are ones that are just too tall for players (otherwise animations start looking stupid, because heels actually cut into the mesh, not add on, or we sink them in the ground - Zatanna's boots how they are for example, might be too tall for players. Zatanna is a custom mesh so she can do what she wants)
    • Like x 3
  5. drac0nisw0lf Level 30

I would like to see a real Native American outfit. Or more. There are so many. And a werewolf chest and legs style. That is all for now. Thank you.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Murder Machine's style with an enhanced version. (Cyborg Batman from the Dark Knights)

Preferably from the next episode on the vendor.
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yay! just saw it made your special list :) thx! another really unique request, would be Hotstreak's 2 toned hair and soul patch, from the Static Shock tv series. im not sure it would conflict with licensing as its not a specifically "iconic" hairstyle in any sense
  8. tokidokij Active Player

I’d like to see the original hairstyles be able to have two tones like the ombré or similar to Starfire’s two tone hairstyle.
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t think having the exact same height as the NPC is important, most of us probably just want more heeled shoe styles to choose from. I for one hope that you always make them the same length as the character creation ones (Heeled, Thigh-High, Tall cuffed etc. seem to all be the same length heel) so I can switch between them without my characters’ legs being altered.
  10. LLSmoothJ Active Player

Don't want to be that guy, but there doesn't seem to be any real difference when switching from heels to flat shoes and vise versa. Or is there something I'm overlooking?
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I would just like to use materials in place of colors. Instead complete changes, can't we replace color slots with materials...

P.S. Including skins.
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

lol could u imagine? void barbarian skin w/ Negative Speed Force or Furious material paint. epic
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The calves are shortened to “make room” for the heels within the same animation frames. So I want heels all the same length so my characters’ legs aren’t being constantly lengthened and shortened.
  14. Megzilla Developer

If it is in the comics, it's fair game
    Doesn't have to do with model height; heels mask out the literal geometry of the figure so higher heels = shorter legs, which will start to look weird. I think Character Team has a height where it shows a heel without it mucking with the player model/anims too much.

EDIT: NVM looks like you got this already lol
    • Like x 3
  15. Megzilla Developer

No, the Chromas are our best way to get around those tech limits. I haven't inquired about skins yet.
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Come on Meg, you know nothing gets past me :p But yeah, I should have clarified I was referring to heel height/length in that first sentence. The heel height on those original game styles were/are perfect in my opinion. Unmistakably stiletto-tastic while still maintaining good leg proportions within the normal frames. I really hope you always use that length/height. :)
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]

Something like this would use the void material as a base on the chest and legs but have the emblem aways face the player like in the concept art here. Not necessarily the same symbol but a similar concept.
    • Like x 3
  18. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Indigo. Tribe. Staff.

[IMG]

The model is already in-game and everything.

Easy.

I'd even be fine if the staff's color was unchangably set to indigo. I wound ask that the glow be color changeable though, as the Indigo Tribe can channel the other Emotional Spectrum colors.
    • Like x 2
  19. Awsome Well-Known Player

Something super easy that can be put in probably in minutes.. (since it already basically exists in the game) a plain non-logoed baseball cap that I can adjust the color.
    Like seriously! how is this not in the game already?

I will add a photo just for emphasis:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Megzilla Developer

I know right??
    • Like x 3