Acquiring Op items or should I say not.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Oct 11, 2019.

1. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I had that idea to solve another problem in game but I was told I would get too much flak for suggesting it.
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Too many people trying to resell stuff nowadays only make the money inflation worse. I like this idea but feel like a way of removing cash from the game is still needed, like breakthrough Seals sold for 1 million +, or exclusive styles for hundreds of millions, stuff someone else thought of, not me.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Maybe the Justice League/Legion of Doom should start charging us percentage based membership fees... For HQ upkeep, destruction of property, snacks, etc.
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

this was the old way and why they changed it...but this collection crap is pure trash
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Go back to the way it was in jld or make the drops of the current format better. Certain players are the problem but the problem was created by the devs implementing horrible drop rates for op items and Time capsule styles.
    • Like x 4
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Reselling has nothing to do with inflation. Back in the day I used to corner the market on a few collections (we're talking pre-OP items) to increase profits, but back then having over a million meant you were some hot stuff, LOL. That's just how market forces work. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

It's like ticket resellers. The industry wouldn't even exist if people weren't buying the higher-priced items. That means the value of the item IS that high. Would it be nice to see the Rolling Stones for $60? Of course. Is someone willing and able to pay $1000 to see them? Then that ticket is worth $1000. I'd rather see a band sell tickets at higher prices and reap the financial benefits rather than it go to a reseller.

Over time, people will just accumulate wealth in game. Some people don't want to deal with the process, and that's a fair choice, but that doesn't mean they should be able to participate at every level and just pop down to the broker and plop a few hundred on rare items. The only way to lower prices organically is to have more supply and if you want to drop them low enough that cornering is impossible, you'll need to increase the supply dramatically to make it not worth the effort of buying and reselling. If you have a few billion, keeping a price floor at a few million by buying hundreds of them a day just isn't worth the effort.
    • Like x 2
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Broker has its usefulness. But many folks rather play the game than the broker. If the game shifts more towards the HAVE's than the HAVE-Not's, people will find another game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

p.s. some of us also have funds to do what few of you admits with op collections, while it's legal, we don't partake because that kind of behaviors in my eyes is shady AF.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

This post is about the horrible drop rates...not about taking money or how u buy up crap to sell again! Nobody cares if you think you are economics professors...remove feats from OP items...and get rid of collections for obtaining them!
    • Like x 1
  10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I would use immoral and greedy. I can admit to those.

The post was about the horrible drop rates, AND the resulting broker prices enabled from behavior like mine that Crash Allen originally posted. Me confirming that complaint as being legitimate as someone who actually does it is more relevant to the thread than you asking for removing feats from op items.
  11. Stubs2019 New Player

its this simple! when you (like I have) run something 3 times or more a day on 3 or more toons, for YEARS trying to get a collection to drop. something is very wrong with the current system. I after YEARS got it to drop...but that's just the point. NOTHING should take YEARS to drop. nothing!!!! but, that just MHO...the ticket to Lebanon seems to be the new...rise of the bat crime scene drop rate. it's just not right...
    • Like x 2
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, the OP did point out that the high price points on the collections are due to the limited supply, which led to some people complaining about the economy in general and possible cash wipes which won't fix the problem in the least. This also isn't "professorial" level economics we're talking about here. More like Intro to Econ.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

No, that is exactly the same as gating essence behind elite which they tried in JLD and the community heavily opposed 10000% negative support on this idea for me.

The OP item has never been an item gated behind elite content as a chase item, it's simply an item for all people to chase after they've done what they want or before for that matter if that's what they choose.

Im sorry man, but that's a big fat negative from me on that one, the OP item should be earned and it should be a grind and there are ways to do it that don't involve gating it unnnecessarily behind elite content or any content.

Even CR gating the essence was a stupid idea.

The question really here is what are the drop rates like, if for example most people would get the collections over the course of the DLC the drop rates are fine, if most players won't even get close then the drop rates are too low, aka riddled with crime as an example.

That's really what this is about.
    • Like x 8
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

They've reset money twice once after the megaservers. When I logged in I needed a collection the oan disabler or something like that. It was never on my server but it was when combined. I bought it and ended up getting 4 of them. It was a bad Glitch and it replicated tons of items. They reset the money to a mill for everyone. Back then the most you could get was 999 mill and they reset it to a mill twice. It became broke again cuz people found new ways to hack money.
  15. dportmike New Player

sorry proxystar. bad idea. you know how many players can do elite anymore??? very few. even fewer can finish elite runs. most are lucky to beat the first boss. and get a little renown. there is always a way to fix things. the only question is this. will they...
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Why are you talking to me? It wasn't my idea? I didn't want it gated behind elite content either and for what it's worth i get elite gear and still don't want it gated behind elite

Elite players already have exclusive styles, exclusive feats, exclusive gear stats, exclusive rewards like the ultraman Cape and manbat trinkets.

Elite players don't need the OP item gated behind elite content too, that's just greedy. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yes, on direct trades when cash is involved. 2.5% paid by seller and 2.5% paid by buyer. Or let those rates be slidable as long as 5% is going “poof” just like the broker. There’s not enough money going “poof.” Sorry, this is more of a fee than a tax.

Taxes? Sure.

Step 1: Make cash account bound
    Step 2: Every 15th day of the month, take 5% of any account over 1 billion (?)
    Step 3: Blame me
    • Like x 1
  18. KN1TE Dedicated Player

My question is: Why was it changed to JLD format which I agreed with more and was more attainable on multiple toons. It was a step in the right direction. Why was it changed back to the trash drop rate collections way in metal part 1? Broker prices for anything is insane. The hardest OP collections used to range 100 mil at release down to 25 million towards new content release. Now multiple collections are above 100 million with 2-3 of them at 200-400 million. It's out of control.
    • Like x 3
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Technically the entire item is CR-gated... you have to be able to enter the content in the first place in order to acquire it.

The drop rates, as best as I can tell, have been relatively abysmal... and they got worse with the seasonal coming into play (oh joy, more Wax Lips!).

I think a lot of us would like for the acquisition of the OP items to also be a bit more alt-friendly. Yeah, it's a choice to run multiple toons... but when you want to get stuff done sometimes it makes a lot more sense to have something for each role. If I were to modify the current (Metal Part 1) system, I would do something like this:

Buying the "complete collection X" feats would unlock that particular catalyst on an alt. The vendor collection piece for 375 marks would become a vendor catalyst for 375 marks, and the first one you purchase on the toon in question will always cost 375 marks, whether you buy the feat over or not for opening Dark Robin's Gift.

With the drop rates as they currently are set, this would be fine... because you'd use a single toon to collect all of the dropped collections and then be able to acquire the catalysts from them by spending a couple of replay badges... but you can't get the final catalyst for the vastly reduced price until that toon actually earns the first one.
  20. Awsome Well-Known Player

Abysmal is understating the drop rate.

I would kill for it to be a bit more main-friendly

I completely disagree. I run three toons virually through the content every day and between the three I only have 3 collection drops. (granted, one is the Luthor collection, but still) Doing the math on that, I have run the solo approximately 110 times, the alert aprox 80 times, the Raids approx 20 times. and out of all of that 2!!! (one of them was the daily mission drop, so that doesn't count)

This is stupid rare. I should at the very LEAST be halfway done by now, or at least have one or two dupes.