Mental

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hellclown127!, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

For the life of me, I don't understand why mental is the only power that has a 60 second cooldown for its group shield supercharge. All the other controller powers have 30 second cooldowns for their group shields.

Why does mental have this disadvantage compared to the other trolls. I have to time my group shields in elite, as well as only using during specific raid mechanics. (False Idols anvil/lava phase)

With having my Soul Cloak at 160 its manageable because 60 becomes 46.5 second cooldown. However the other troll powers end up with a 23.25 second cooldown. Mental trolls regardless of artifacts/stats are running double the cooldown on supercharges.

This is something that needs to be addressed and fixed.
    • Like x 12
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Also get rid of the horrid effects on Psychic Empowerment :D
    • Like x 8
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wish they didn't switch around some of the debuffs. Initially I was excited i would be able to use my "dream loadout" as it wasnt possible with only 15 power points...but the loadout was rendered moot with the shfting of some of the debuffs. Would have been fun and kind of ironic if they set telekinesis as the defense debuff.

i also seem to be experiencing some issues with auto pot...and this is on all my controllers (mental and quantum). auto pot doesnt always work.
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

There is an issue where POT doesn't correctly apply. Sometimes I'll hit powers and the lightning bolt will disappear eight after. I have been trying to record it but I don't want to download recording software, admittedly.
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

6. stärnbock Devoted Player

this ^ needs to be CRYED OUT LOUD brother!!
    • Like x 4
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

till its fixed, maybe switch it out for word of power... and hope for the best ^^´
  8. Isif Committed Player

This convo again. Please leave my purple balls and squiggle face alone. I can see the argument for the 30 second cooldown but it really boils down to strategy and when to pop a group shield. Why wouldn't all trolls have something akin to quantum tunnelling if we are asking for "QoL" changes?
  9. dportmike New Player

when a power has something cool like...invisibility they make you pay for it with something else. every power does it seems

NOT saying mental does not have some issues...
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Stealth is the same and guess what gadgets has 30 secs
    • Like x 1
  11. dportmike New Player

but gadgets ...if I remember right. does NOT have a 8man shield. I could be wrong.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

because Batman, the Punisher, Grodd, and the Green Lantern can't teleport.

Uhm... Quantum... Guy... can.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, like the fact that invisibility is cool in concept only and is in reality actually pretty much useful only as a party trick due to the loadout issues and the transformation state delay.
    • Like x 3
  14. Isif Committed Player

Thanks for understanding the sarcasm of making everything play the same. 60 second cooldown isn't a deal breaker and neither is tunnelling. Its all good.:p
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Quantum Tunnelling is like, the coolest thing that Quantum does. Do I want ******* Teleport? Yessir.

But the "half-***** attempt at uniqueness" part of me is like "maybe I shouldn't be able to Teleport with my army of green half-Kryptonian clone women from Lexcorp." So, sigh...

Also. QuantumGuy. You've legit never heard of Quantum Guy?
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It does have one
    • Like x 2
  17. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

All powers aren't supposed to be exactly the same with just a different look. Celestial is the only healing power with an 8-person shield that is actually only 7-person, and also costs 10K Supercharge. Mental has TWO personal shields, as opposed to other Controllers only having one. Something had to give. And again, not every power within a role-type is supposed to be just a reskin.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Want another shield, take the hard light or amazon deflection iconics. Want a pet Iconic robotic sidekick.

You can make your character into anything you want.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Also, if you want to sarcasm, use the font.

It looks like this.
  20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

The cooldown should be 30. Gadgets players whined until the devs gave in and dropped it to 30, and there is no real argument that Gadgets should get a 30 second cooldown but mental should not.
    • Like x 5