Acquiring Op items or should I say not.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Oct 11, 2019.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Starting to think the only real thing that would work is a complete reset of the whole game....DCUO 2
    • Like x 1
  2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Currently the broker fee is 5%, so if I wanted to sell an item at 1bil, it costs 50mil throw it in. If it was increased to 25% and costed me 250mil to put in an item for 1bil, I'd just sell it in trade chat for 900mil-1bil instead of only making 750mil from the broker, even assuming I'm not undercut.
    • Like x 1
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Yep. For a market to not be controlled it has to be consisently abundant. You couldn't reset the price or charge high on Daemonic Chaos Essence even if you wanted to because it's too easy to get. People would rather go kill adds for 5min than pay several mil for it or some other outrageous price. Concepts like op collections, time capsules, and booster bundles would need to be dropped down to the og time capsule drop rates'ish for one of the sources of the problem to go away or be hindered. (tc&bb prices will go up eventually but not as fast at least, huge difference between crimson mist and phoenix mat prices)
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

...and started distributing it across all 16 toons, but yeah. Get prepped for this terrible idea which will only benefit the people breaking the rules.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I don't think a cash wipe or anything like that is a good idea. I don't know exactly how it all works but simply ajust the drop rates of certain things and be guarenteed a drop every time we run a raid, alert, solo and our dailies. I also like how the op items were obtained from the last episode. It was obtainable imo
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I don't want any of that crap. I would be perfectly fine if the hoarders' banks were wiped and those items were gone from the game forever.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, it worked as intended, don´t you think?

you just have let yourself get played out...
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

CrescentMoon has said essentially what I would have said in reply, so I'll let his words stand. He's giving away the keys to the kingdom, here. Read his words, understand them, use them, join the club.

[IMG]
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Tell that to any new player who needs old time capsule feats. Go tell them to get 50k+ qwarks to buy all the gear and emblems and styles from old capsules because no1 would be opening them anymore.
    • Like x 1
  11. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

That's another problem right there. Players gloating and encouraging others to do same via listing methods. That's just going to make the economy degrade further. Imagine if everyone hoarded, sniped broker and look for naive kids to low-ball. At this point y'all will eventually force the devs to step in.
    Gotta love the fact that villains glitching somehow isn't getting any attention from Green names.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's the broker game. If you want to end the auction house and trading with other players, well...that's a choice, certainly. Otherwise it's like saying "Ugh. I want to play DCUO, but I don't want to use powers or a weapon." It's literally the "game mechanics" of a player economy.
  13. tinoman Dedicated Player

Shoot just put seals on preservation in vendor 1 mill a pop. Account Bound. You'll blow 50 mill buying 50 of them for a 160 breakthrough. LOL
  14. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

[IMG]

...the issue is rarity. The main point of JLD's op system is that we have the grind and no more RNG. I have no idea why they went back with the RNG.

Changing the progression every episode is not agile, but show lack of vision. Imagine if a player return for current and last two episodes. OP gear system is different for each.

They don't go back and retro fit. Over time leads to a Frankenstein evolution of confusion. If you were to quiz me about the OP leveling system a year and half from now, I'd have Google old threads before answering. ..this one has the CR gating and you buy vendor piece for so many marks.... that one you buy from vendor just once...etc. This one is one op collection (12 pieces), but metal part 1 is three collections (4 pieces and order matters).
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Except it might not. Example. I had a Collection piece from the Azure mist aura collection (Anniversary event), I figured it would go for 100+ million as I had sold other like items recently for that amount...none were in the broker. I took a shot at increasing the amount to $150 million. 3 days later I got it back and was out a 7.5 million listing fee. I relisted at 130 million and it sold in under a minute. So either the guy who was looking for that item was A) not on for 3 days...B) hadn't looked for the item or C) felt that the $20 million difference was too much. Yeah, the pricing is arbitrary, but someone could undercut you at any moment, or the public might not buy. It's a risk the seller (in this case flipper) takes. Another example, I've gone in to re-list something I get out of the Stabilizer run like 'Closed case file boxes'...which everyone should know cost at MOST $5,000, more likely $500 most days, and found only 3 listed when I checked the price. The bottom at 100K, top at 500K. So some flipper decided to try and set the price high, probably bought 20 of the things and listed 3 to make the 100K one look nice. All it did though was make it so I could list my 10K one and have it sell...probably to the same guy trying to protect his listings. By the next day there were 10 listed (I got another the next run), with the lowest at sub $1000 and those 3 big ticket ones still sitting there getting ready to expire.

Just because something is listed for 800 Million does not mean it will sell for that. I'm sure if someone lists and re-lists something at 800 mil and it doesn't sell a few times, they would lower the price...paying that listing fee a few times can sting even if you are a billionaire.

BTW...as Cressent said, a lot of these big ticket items are not rare drops, just things that have come and gone. Anyone can get in the game as long as you are willing to do a bit of extra work and have the patience to sit on something for a year or more. Most seasonal base items and some collections see huge increases 6-10 months after the event has run. It's not some impossible to get into 'club' to get rich in this game but it won't happen in one transaction unless you have mad-lucky RNG help.

That is all however off the OP topic. In this case, yes the odds are terrible and should be adjusted. I personally have not gotten one of the high end pieces and am going to probably buy my way to the OP neck, however the items being expensive are NOT the fault of the broker hounds. If there were 10x more collection drops out there, the prices would drop naturally....just like the 'closed case files boxes' did.

Reinheld
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The way a few people are so hellbent on preserving the in game "fake economy" like it were a real economy have personally lost sight of the fact this is just a video game and your treating it like it were a real economy is actually somewhat 'scary'.
    • Like x 2
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

It IS a real economy, though. I think that's the key that people are missing. If one person has something that someone else wants, this sort of system tends to rise. If you don't have actual cash available as a means of trade, it's a more complex barter system. Even simpler primates get this and we're just more intelligent primates.

https://www.zmescience.com/research...g-after-the-first-prostitute-monkey-appeared/

The stakes are lower, since no one is going to starve or be homeless if they don't get an OP drop. In real life, I don't advocate for purely capitalist systems, because the "losers" end up dead in the street. Here, the "losers" in the econ game don't get what they want right now. That's why I tend to point out people giving out tips that will help people "get gud" at the economy. We're teaching men to fish, not giving them fish.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Dude, no, it's fake money, fake items, fake pixels on your computer screen ;) none of this is real lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

You might not value your time, but I value mine. I can spend some time learning the rules of the game, as far as the broker goes, and then use it to get the things I want to acquire. Or I can spend replays and use my time that way, over and over, and hoping I get what I want when there are people that already have that item and are willing to give it to me for something in return. I just need to make sure I have what they want. You might as well be saying, "You know you don't have super powers, right?". Well, of course I do. I know these are pixels, but I do spend time on these pixels and that's a finite resource.
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Then they should put a cap in trade to counter over 100 - 500 mil