What kind of mechanics/ideas from other games would you like in DC?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hmmmm, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I love this game. I've been playing it for a really long time. That said, i think the one thing everyone here can agree on is that this game is far from perfect. What ideas from other games would you like to see implemented in this game?

For me, it's from another popular game from a note popular company, but I'd like to see:

1. A few modifiers for each power. It could be giving a bit of life, or adding an effect, something that changes it completely out makes it cost health instead of power, etc. I think it would help make sure LOs relevant and interesting, while also giving people a little bit more of a personal identity when using popular loadouts.

2. Gear that actually matters. The cr Chase doesn't really add anything to the game. Just puts you back in the running to be competent in all content, but nothing really changes. What if the raids didn't raise cr anymore, just gave you *different* gear. Maybe it's a bit b weaker in starts, but it makes "x powers" hit harder or cost less. Maybe they give you life/power back per second. Think of it as gear with weaker artifact buffs.

Some of you may know the game I'm pulling these ideas from, I'm hesitant to say another game name on the forums, but if you don't know the game by my descriptions... ... I'm sorry my explanation sucks so much!

Let me hear your ideas.

Disclaimer: this isn't a vent thread. Don't hijack it with your personal triggers against the game that you find a way to squeeze into every thread. This isn't a what's wrong with the game thread, it's a what would you like to see that is cool in another game thread.
    • Like x 2
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

Some sort of mechanic where melee dpsing is doable in elite content, where only skull attacks can one shoot and not random out of thin air one shoots just because of being in melee range.
    • Like x 8
  3. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Cool, so exactly what I said this thread wasnt... Millions of thread for you to high with your crying, take it elsewhere, please.
  4. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Who spit in your cereal this morning? You asked what ideas/mechanics from other games one would like implemented in the game. It doesn’t seem like he was crying or complaining at all.

His suggestion could’ve been pulled from a game like FFXIV. You can melee in that game, and won’t get hit by any nonsense unless you’re in those red fields (I don’t know the proper term for them). Where on DC, you get a skull attack giving you a warning, yet can still get destroyed by other attacks if you’re trying to melee the boss from whatever angle.

I actually think that would be pretty neat to implement, but that’s just my opinion.
    • Like x 5
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Huh, that's funny, those weren't suggestions, just questions asking for fixes to subject that have already highjacked dozens of thread and you know it. Call me toxic all you like, go read the thread on here, you all are nothing but toxic. I asked for a thread without complaining, couldn't even not be toxic enough to post.

Play it off all you like, argue semantics... You know their intent. Funny thing, none of you will even offer up workable solution, just endlessly whine and Hirsch l hijack threads like yours is the only voice that matters.

Look where your voice have gotten the game.

I'm out of here, enjoy yourselves
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i always thought a means of using skill points to enhance powers and gain special abilities that open up as you reach skill point plateaus would have worked. Could be anything. Could have been anything. Could be a little different for each role and power. Could have even snuck in special weapon attacks.

Similar to the things we gain with artifacts without actually needing artifacts.

Not really a new idea. lots of console rpgs have systems similar to this in one shape or another.

I think something like this would have allowed for a lot more versatility and customization in our builds.
    • Like x 1
  8. Blightwing New Player

I would like to be able to create a nemesis and maybe some sandbox (editable) missions for said nemesis.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Mechanic of having no time capsules.
    • Like x 7
  10. Soul Dedicated Player

Idk what drugs you're using, but save some for the rest of us!
    • Like x 2
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

mechanics: murder machine: similar to cyborg with drone support and force shields, brainiac's lasers, etrigan/mirror master's cloning abilities, mind control via exobyte manipulation etc.

devastator: doomsday from the DoS raid but with kryptonite rockets aimed at us instead, +toxic fumes and an invulnerability phase where we use his own kryptonite turrets against the devastator.

the drowned: similar to corum rath fight/sea beast one with summoned seas animals and dark atlantean creatures, mystical mind control similar to starro/faceless one's, as well as the possessed trident of poseidon fighting on it's own, a regeneration phase.

dawn breaker: the old avatar of meta tentacle mechanics from FoS but with more complexity, sinestro's boss mechanics from metro city hall, arkillo's body armor mechanic, a group debuff/transformation mechanic.

barbatos: dark lightning, a sonic cry aoe, an invulnerability phase, a summoned minion phase (the dark knights are summoned all at once) for a short period, and lastly the finale phase where barbatos can summon his dark multiverse army and each group member gets a tenth metal buff to fight barbatos himself.
  12. Pepito19 New Player

to the players who go to melee in raid elite and also in normal they would have to die fast as it happened years ago, if the players can attack melee in raid spoil the game

13. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Being able to select your support role regardless of power choice.

No loot locks but Diablo/Borderlands styled random stat gear drops. Gives a reason to do instances more than once per day.

Not feeling like being relegated to supporting cast just because you're not a tank. Even a single add will destroy you outright.

Sidekick system for lower cr friends to play with. They don't take a slot from your 8 player group but your damage/healing/power out is reduced for bringing them to balance out.

Henchmen can do all the things that the sidekick can do, just weaker because of numbers. Also no limit on duration.

More powers.

That's it.
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I would like to see random mechanics not the same ones every time u run the content. This would keep content fresh. Ì would like to see debuffs to certain weapons also certain powers on ur loadout. To always change the way u play. As soon as u get into content it would say on the screen what things are being debuffed and at what %. So for prec base it would pick a debuff from all weapons and pick one or two that won't do much dmg. which would make u have to change ur playstyle each time u play. And for might base it would pick 4 or 6 powers from all powers and debuff them to change ur playstyle. That would be the best mechanic to keep.gameplay fresh and always engaging and not boring
    • Like x 2
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

Not being able to go melee at all is getting boring anyway, one could insert phases or attacks on bosses where one would need to get away from the boss like the reflect phase on Merciless or the sound bubble skulls on Satyr, if u stay melee ur dead.

The less options a game provides the less fun it is.
    • Like x 1
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Seriously, it's a little ridiculous that there's still not sparring dummies for healers or controllers.
    • Like x 2
  17. Pepito19 New Player

the tank and the dps all together to melee, the boss makes an attack in the area but at most he can only die the tank because you like to go to melee which is very funny, so the healers at the most to heal the tank because the dps don't die to melee. It doesn't make much sense but of course it's very funny.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

what u are describing is the state we have atm in the game where there is no mechanic for melee dpsing.
    • Like x 1
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I want to see the same major mechanical change I ask for in every MMO, borrowed back from this other game called Everquest. Yes, the Everquest that is over 20 years old. Yes, the Everquest that is owned by Daybreak. That game got it right, and nobody else has been able to since.

Factions.

Everybody can talk to everybody. No communication restraints.

Everybody can group with anybody. No grouping restraints.

NPCs (including friendlies, enemies, and bosses) have Reputation attached to them. The quests that you complete and the enemies that you kill directly affect where you are welcome in the game.

If you go kill a bunch of cops, GCPD will not welcome you into their police stations. Stop a bunch of criminals, and they will. Your actions have consequence and actually matter.

Go beat up Superman a bunch, and Lex likes you. Go beat up Joker, then Batman likes you. Everybody has everything as an option, but what you run will directly equate to where you are welcome.

At this point we've been slaves to the silly WoW 2 faction system for so long that people don't even realize that there is a better way, a way that was perfect 20+ years ago. A way where every player could do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, and the game experience adapted in accordance with those decisions.

If I'm a villain, and I save the world 100 times without ever doing anything bad, eventually the citizens of Metropolis should stop yelling "I hope the heroes kick your-" every time I walk by. If I'm a hero, and I keep letting the police officers get Joker-bombed by standing right beside them and doing nothing, the GCPD should eventually frown on my activities.
    • Like x 13
  20. Pepito19 New Player

I hope that the developers see this, I agree with you like almost all the players, if this had been applied years ago maybe I would not have needed the Cross Play that has done so much damage to the ps4 community
    • Like x 2