Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I love this idea.
    • Like x 3
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I disagree. It was a high bar, and a job really well done (IMO) and I think it should be the standard you try to strive for, especially when introducing a popular character and world to DCUO for the first time. Hopefully the Martian Manhunter can receive the same treatment in the future.

As for rehashed maps, IMO the fact that they're recycled isn't a huge problem, it's more so the fact that it's always the same maps (i.e Gotham), same area, and in instances a very similar layout.
    • Like x 3
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you would if all the side missions counted. You kill about 15-20 doing the Tspheres, another 10 or 12 doing the metal boxes and get 8 doing the escaped inmates also the ones you get when you 'protect the downed cops' don't count either. Only the mission to convert the affected civvies counts and that's maybe going to pop once a week...so yeah, if all the side missions and the solo counted (going to get probably 20 each time in there), 218 is a doable number over a week.

My favorite of these 'count' missions was Doomsday area. 99 lexcorp guys and there was a daily for 13. If you did just that mission you ended up at about 90 after running 7 days + a few spare ones you'd of course just hit doing other things. I think that's how the 'count' missions should work. Figure out how many you could expect to get credit for in one day working efficiently X 7 days and there's your kill count. Of course if you wanted to chew it all in one sitting, fine...or you wanted to skip 4 or 5 days...fine...you'd have to sit and kill a batch at once. The standard for the count number should allow for finishing it just doing what you are doing anyway and running every day. Maybe include the solo, but you shouldn't have to.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyro Committed Player

I think alerts, solos, and duos need to be changed we dont get enough rewards to make them feel worth it. I would like to see an increase in mark drops from these and in order to balance it out you could take some marks away from the outdoor weeklies. As for alerts i think they are in an awkward position, a weird hybrid of an easy daily and a hard raid. I would like to see alerts become super easy you can blow through in 15mins at level or tough content that requires roles but they arent dailies instead they could be bidaily or weekly.

As for feedback on this dlc, there is not one aspect i like about it, and running it feels like a slog, i barely run anything anymore even weeklies, hell this dlc was turned me off on the game so much i dont even run the vault/stab on my alts
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The entire alert should pay out no more renown than a single boss of a raid... that's why I suggested 150-200 total based on how the previous DLC worked (200 per boss in JLD, 150 per non-last-boss in Metal Part I)... because even if you pay it out in small tokens for the first and second boss and a bigger token for the entire one, you still have to run it A LOT to get it done... and at 29 replay badges per reset you end up paying out more replay badges to reset the alert to get to the same level of payout that a single raid run would give you.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

I would love being able to earn Elite gear by doing Elite solos and duos. Maybe make the solos 100 Renown per pop and maybe make the Members access to it twice a week, every other day, etc.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We can't usually add a thing without cutting as much work from something else. (For example, cutting a weekly counter mission probably doesn't make time to do an elite alert.)
    • Like x 4
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, As long as the content is hard enough I see no reason why rewarding renown for smaller content can be argued against, the numbers it rewards obviously up for debate as you don't want to undermine the raiding importance but at the same time I feel raiding at this stage is probably disprportionately rewarded.
    • Like x 4
  9. Proxystar #Perception

what if you cut both weekly counter missions for an elite alert that resets daily? I mean honestly I'd cut both those things for an elite alert that rewards the same marks.
    • Like x 2
  10. Awsome Well-Known Player

But does it really take all that much extra time to make a regular alert elite? Everything should be in place, just boosted baddies, and an extra component or two. This is a real question. I'm not trying to be a jerk in asking, I really don't know.
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, curious too, cause surely a few extra mechanics or just ramping up the difficulty and disabling roleless buffs wouldn't take that long?
    • Like x 2
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yup still agree. But an elite alert awarding 16 marks? I think people would prefer to just run elite alerts if that were to happen. And I dont think the devs would do that. Now if it awarded 16 marks throughout a 7 day period,now that might work out. But I havent thought it all the way through. Im busy at work with a million different things going on.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Outside of making new art, adding mechanics and hitting the right difficulty level is what takes the most time.

(I'm not trying to be obstinate, just trying to be transparent. Elite alerts were cool. I'm speaking generally, so when we dig into things, there are sometimes ways to slice and dice things to make it work out. I just wanted to step into that positivity so that when we can't just cut a simple counter mission to add an elite alert, everyone might understand why.)
    • Like x 8
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Is it a possibility or are you just trying to let us down easy lol?

Edit: your response and replies are more than welcomed. The fact that you took the time to comment gives me hope that it can be considered.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

No, no, I appreciate the dialogue.

In your view as the developers exactly what would it take for an elite alert to be created? How much content would likely have to be sacrified, just from a speculative sense, certainly not holding you to anything, it's just good to have a discussion.
    • Like x 2
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I have to speak up here because I'd hate to see the loss of open worlds and their dailies. And while the DLC rotations have become predictable, they have for the most part been quite enjoyable.

They are without question the biggest and best change this game has made to how day to day play feels. Whether it's while waiting on a group to fill or just killing a few short moments of time, the open world dailies have become the cornerstone of my characters continued progress. I play all instanced content too but it's the open world stuff that I continue to play long after a DLC becomes less relevant.

Are all the missions fun? No, but you can eassily say that about any piece of content.

I'm not opposed to shifting pieces around to try and break up the standard solo/alert/2 raid duo/alert/2 raid formula though. Maybe just have one elite raid during one of those cycles and shift resources towards making an elite alert.

I don't know, just please leave the open world alone.
    • Like x 8
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im all for rotating and having an elite alert one DLC cycle, and maybe an elite duo or solo the next cycle vice versa. I just want creative ways of getting renown, and not only having to rely on the raids to get the renown.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Appreciate the alternative view, in fact, that in my opinion is an equally valid idea, ditch an elite raid and have an elite raid and elite alert instead so that elite content is spread across both small content and large. Like that idea as well.
    • Like x 5
  19. Brav Well-Known Player

I agree, I would definitely like to see an elite alert. It would definitely even things out. If a sacrifice must be made to balance things out and to even make it a possibility then perhaps as you suggested just one elite raid instead of two. We would still receive the same amount of marks and renown within time as we do now. It would just allow a little more flexibility and another option for many different type of players.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You say that, but still I don't want to be held to anything... We would have to dig into it.
    • Like x 2