can we get global ignore since you won't enforce your own e.u.l.a.?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i have several alts...one of my "dailies" is ignoring the new crop of spammers each day on each character....
    it is against the eula to sell in game currency, but you do not seem to care about that. you only use the eula to punish people who annoy you.
    since you won't enforce your own rules, can you at least give us global ignore, so i don't have to ignore each one of these account/identity stealing verminous parasites on every character i play? it really breaks the little immersion i'm able to muster up when all i see in chat is the same message to come buy dc cash over and over and over and over and over and over.....
    • Like x 5
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yea its lame. thats why i have lfg, trade, & shout separated into 3 other tabs so i never have to see them unless i feel like it
    • Like x 2
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

This has been requested many times over the years, even before the spam bot invasion into DCUO, and especially after the invasion.
    • Like x 2
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I've posted in threads similar to this before but I'll add my "YES PLEASE" here as well. This makes so much sense in so many ways...

As Loudblanc mentions .. we have an on going issue with gold spammers. If I can place a spammer on Global Ignore none of my alts will have to deal with anything that spam bot send and the even better part? If its on global ignore the "so called player" that set the thing out in the first place can have dozens of the things and every single one of them is ignored with a single click.

Now let's switch to players we decide we never want to team with again. I place one i=on ignore now and I can switch to one of my alts and find myself on a team with the same jerk ten minutes later. I ignore that person globally and all of my alts ignore him and all of his alts.. forever.

And lastly.... This is not some outrageous new idea that has never been seen or done before. Good Grief I came to DCUO when City of Heroes shut down and have been here about 8 years now .. and CITY OF had global clear back when its started... and that was in 2004. So the abilty to code a game that way has been around for almost a decade OR MORE before DCUO even existed.
    • Like x 2
  5. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i honestly would be a little cautious about ignoring all of someone's alts forever....might make it hard to get groups if you do it often, and maybe you just caught them on a bad day. up to you i guess, but i've almost ignored someone, then had better experiences grouping with them later.
    gold spammers should burn in hell though....
  6. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I dunno, now that I'm on switch and the chat is soooo empty... I kinda miss the spammers XD
  7. Minie Well-Known Player

Out of all things that are pointless in DCUO, ignoring bots is top 3 right now. The bots aren't dumb, they adapt, they know people ignore them so they constantly create new toons aka why the bots will always rise your blood pressure.

Side note: This bot issue should've been fixed a long time ago but IMO it shouldn't be top priority( sure we would all prefer the dev team fix PVP/PVE content first).
    • Like x 1
  8. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

you would think a company this large and successful would be able to afford one "cop"...hire a person to play on all server, randomly...and every time they see a spammer, they have the tools to ban that character, the account, and to ban the i.p. address.
    yes, they can make a new free account, and change their i.p, address, but at least they would have to, they wouldn't be free to do as they pleased...there is a spammer who calls himself "mmoj" something, mmojd, mmojr, mmojwhatever....he's been around for months...i have over a dozen variations of the name ignored on several characters. how am i supposed to think you take your own e.u.l.a. seriously, when you obviously don't take it seriously yourself? you only seem to use it as a punishment when someone annoys you....
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd absolutely adore global /Friend ability, on the flip side. It's a little cumbersome to have to manually add every friend on every toon of your own.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

From what i hear tho they’re legit business for the most part,, if they don’t enforce on folk that buy from bots I assume that its permitted now n the terms/service are just outdated. Its like u can buy dcuo money from the in game store or anything so the only money they’re missing out on is the $ these mega millionaires would spend opening capsules.

But these bots are a villain that dcuo birthed, I personally don’t remember seeing them in game before time capsules and trade able bundles,, i mean 4 or so years ago if you had 20mil u were on the top of the world,,, this month i sold my replays for 10mil a reset, before all this shady businesses a reset was no more then a mil, 1.5 was pushing it.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Just as an fyi, asking for them to do something while speaking to them with a denigrating tone will win you no favors. That being said, they have tried various methods, but they aren't willing or allowed to expend too many resources on this particular issue. We don't know the whole story behind what's going on, but the problem is nowhere near as bad as it's being made out to be compared to how bad it actually got at one point until they tried something different. So even though to you it appears they are doing nothing, that's far from the truth.