pink circles have to go

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

it is so very frustrating to come up with a great idea for decorating your base, and have it ruined because you HAVE to have amenities right in the middle of everything you've just thought of.
    they're seemingly randomly scattered around, you're unable to move them, so you have to put 2 in one room, 2 in the next, 2 in the next, and 4 in the basement....they aren't placed well, none of the circles are, but you don't have to worry about the grey poorly placed circles after you open free placement....but there is no free placement for amenities, so i can't have a bar....i can't have a game room.....i can't have a damn thing without a vending machine, mailbox, or bank in the middle of it....
    • Like x 16
  2. OG ELITE Committed Player

I love base decorating and this is easily the worst part of the entire setup. I don’t understand the point of restricting where they’re put down and I also don’t understand the chosen spots.
    • Like x 10
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

#free-placement-mode-for-amenities

I also can relate, it’s annoying. We need free placement mode for them, would love to have them all on the same floor
    • Like x 11
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I just want to not have a mailbox growing out of my damned bar bench.
    • Like x 7
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah...... I too wish we had free placement mode for Amenities.

Or at least have a few more spots where we can place Amenities.
    • Like x 7
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I agree that it really sucks, you CAN at least place items on top of them to cover them up. The liquor wall in my bar is covering up the mainframe. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I vote YES on this topic. It's not even so much a mater of decorating restrictions as a desire to spend less time running back and forth to do what I refer to as the "admin" with my alts after I am done doing missions. It would be so nice to have the Soda machine, R+D vendor, R+D station, Bank and BROKER all lined up in the same spot along with the mail box... Then I could salvage gear, sell useless drops , email stuff to other alts OR stick in the shared bank for them to claim, buy sodas and repair armor as needed, craft anything I wanted, hit the market to buy anything I needed, sell or buy anything from the broker and NOT HAVE TO RUN ALL OVER THE LAIR TO DO SO.

Now on the decorating side this would also allow me to not have a sparing dummy and a Respec station cluttering up my bedroom area.

To the DEV team.. please note no one is asking for the ability to place more than the exact same amount of amenities we have access to now... Just the ability to put them where we decide NOT the places you decided years ago we HAD to stick them.
    • Like x 2
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would like it so we can access everything we have unlocked from one port or panel.

i have four lairs on my main character.
    i have a few amenities worked into his personal lair that fit in.
    second lair is my team "Earth bound" base. Initially i had it set up as a secret lair kind of thing but with all the covers and iconic base items weve been getting it looks more like a small dc comics museum...which i love so im running with it. this one gets all amenities. this is where i store my mains armories.
    three and four are vanity bases. ones for halloween the other is for christmas. they just have teleportes...which are well hidden.

as an aside until they do something with free placement of amenities its a good idea to place all of them in the same spots for each of your lairs (barring them for the use of vanity).take the time to make sure all your alts have access to at least one communal lair. you'll save a lot of time over time.
  9. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i do try to put them all in the same place in all my bases, but i started making some of the bases before i ever got any amenities, so they've all been scrapped basically, and re worked around where the amenities HAVE to go...and one or two i really like, so the amenities have to be in different places in those, which does confuse me, i go to my bank, but in this base i wasn't willing to change, its not there, it's upstairs....
    • Like x 1
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

I think the point of the these locations is that amenities, unlike other items, are indestructible so people could use them as blocking points or to grief people in lair combat. Of course lair combat is not that common these days but the concern stands.

So I've two possible solutions. One approach might be that if you use the pink circles the amenities show in lair combat, if they are free placed they are removed from lair combat.

The other is that in lair combat amenities are break-able although that might seem the easier of the two it would depend on how the objects inherit these traits and might be more work than it would seem on the surface.

Either way I agree, I hate having to shove stuff in the bottom part of my lair and would prefer to have a number of these items closer to each other both for practical as well as aesthetic reasons.

Oh and while we are on the topic of lairs, I realize JLD has come and gone but can we get a House of Magic theme in the MP??
    • Like x 1
  11. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i realize that this is a game, which is owned by a company that is running it to make money.
    they need to realize that we're the source of that money, and we occasionally have to be appeased...
    it's starting to seem more and more like they do these kind of things for purely mercenary reasons....they want us to have to BUY at least 2 bases, one to decorate and one to cram the items we BOUGHT in their store to make our lives easier into....and even then, you still have to wander from one end of the otherwise empty base to the other because even if amenities are all that is in the base, you still have to scatter them from one end to the other, because the pink circles are still unmovable....that was a bad decision when it was made, and it's just getting worse as they load us down with more and more decos and no where to put them, because there's an amenity taking up space i don't want it to be taking up, breaking the flow and just ruining any kind of plan i've been able to come up with....
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't have to buy amenities, they are available for free in game via collections.
    • Like x 3
  13. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Sure, but since everyone had the things they personally want them to appease, who do they prioritize? When everyone wants different things, but everything, who do you listen to?
  14. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I would be happy with just adding a 90-degree snap/lock rotation on base items to go with the 180-degree ones we have currently. It's so difficult getting things to line up if we want them facing in one of the other two Cardinal Directions.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While that is true for the most part Lorax there are some notable exceptions.. The biggest being The Teleporter which is listed as only being available through a Market purchase. Now it is possible to get around without one of these but a lot of players like the option of getting to a zone quickly and while the MOST RECENT DLC zone s are available using the map warp function as fast as a new DC appears the previous one is gone.. Perfect example: I can call up my map's warp function and get to Metal Gothem but can no longer get to Chaos Gotham. The other would be Armories. True we get one (1) free but unless all a player wants to do is have it sitting in their lair showing off their outfit you need two on more to be able to change roles, armor, SP set ups etc. After that free one the only way to get more.. BUY them at the store.

Then without getting into a huge amount of detail every other amenity involves a different collection. So that means running all over Gotham and Metropolis to find all the pieces of each collection to obtain all 8 amenities free. Now as we all know thanks to the RNG just finding all the pieces of one collection can take a good deal of time. I don't have any numbers but I'd guess that most players just went out and bought the package that gave you all 8 on every alt you own.. LOL I know I did.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. At the very least, we should have a wall/floor version of the amenities to choose from so we can easily decorate around them. For example, I would LOVE to have a floor teleporter (like the Celtic Vista floor window, for example) that I could just stand on and activate the teleporter. I could decorate around that. How about a Wall Panel Soder Cola Vendor that works like the Lair Control Panel?
    • Like x 2
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is one of many QoL-fixes/Updates i've advocated for in terms of Base Decorating, to either allow free placement for our Amenities or add a wider and more varied array of purple circles within the lair to place them. Also, Amenities should have their own, separate count and not count as a base item when you place it. The same goes for Armories.

And don't get me started on the need of increasing the limit on how many base items we can place... It's about time you give us base builders some love, Devs.
    • Like x 2
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OOOOo Outstanding idea! Let's be totally honest (DEVS) aside for the sparing dummy just about all those amenities are really just a console with a control panel anyway. So why not make it possible to have them attached to a wall in the lair instead of taking up floor space? It would still be possible to make them unique for each lair style simply by coming up with a different frame around each control panel and suddenly we don't have a pile of consoles taking up floor space. Now add in the original idea of this thread and do away with those pink circle so we can place the things anywhere in lair and on one wall I could have my Soda dispenser, R-D vendor, R+D station, Broker, Bank, and Mailbox. Then I stick the Respec station on a wall right behind the sparing dummy (or a wall beside it). IN one room I could access everything and still have all sorts of room on the floor of that room for couches, chairs, tables and anything else that drops.
  19. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I thought the same a few days ago with wall amenities , lol. Glad to hear someone also thinks it would be a cool idea, it’d be cool to see each lair theme variants (for wall/floor like u said) :D
  20. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

as i understood it, that was a part of home turf that was removed?