Unbalanced powers: Atomic Tanking in PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Hello guys! I am here to talk about unbalanced powers and abilities in PvP. Please keep this thread on topic and constructive. For change to happen we must be on the same page and be constructive!

Ready? Okay? Let's start!

I would like to start with Atomic tanks. Atomic tanks seem to be doing a lot of damage and a lot of healing without any kind of counter to it. I propose reducing the damage and healing Atomic tanks can do in arena PvP. The problems mainly have to deal with Atom Splitter and Thermochemical Explosion dealing far too damage and healing in PvP. It needs to be looked at.

Also, I would like to mention, in PvP, Atomic, like the rest of the tank powers, can pull people off the node over and over making it nearly impossible to hold a node in Batcave Arena. I propose longer CDs for tank pulls inside of arena.

*Just as a reminder: stay on topic and be constructive.*

I will be making these threads one by one. If you have any suggestions please don't be afraid to inbox me.
    • Like x 2
  2. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Please post any videos on Atomic tanks if you have any.
  3. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  4. AV Loyal Player

The problem is roles in 1v1 and 2v2, not Atomic in and of itself. Every tank and healer can make itself completely unkillable with ease. 1v1 & 2v2 should be DPS only, roles optional in 4v4 and 5v5, and for 8v8 and 8v8 only they should have kept RPS around.

Roles in 1v1/2v2 are completely obnoxious in general.
    • Like x 1
  5. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Most of the time it's easy for a troll to kill a healer or another DPS. However Atomic tank that's fully geared is nearly impossible to kill. Everyone, who queues 2s and 1s, knows that Atomic tanking is the most broken of all the power sets for 1s and 2s. It needs fixing man.
  6. AV Loyal Player

That's not the point. I have a "it's pretty much impossible for me to die" armory for when ppl decide queuing 1v1 on something similar (like atomic tank 1v1) is a good idea. It full on breaks the game and is effectively impossible to balance for. That's essentially the exact same thing atomic is doing. Any tank or healer, fully geared, can make themselves pretty much impossible to kill without debuffs and group focus or, as is more common, debuffs and ignore altogether.

Note: I'm not atomic, I'm just saying this problem isn't unique to atomic.
    • Like x 1
  7. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Uhhh sounds like I’m missing out by shunning pvp, might have to do it now before it gets fixed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Trolls kill healers most of the time. It's mostly impossible to kill an atomic tank that is spec'd correctly. The power cost on their combos in PvP need to be increased or the amount of damage and healing done needs to be decreased. This is NOT to say trolls don't have it easy. This is only one thread of many threads to be made.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, get your feats in now, cause with Batuba we might actually start getting some changes lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I actually tend to agree. However these are the differences people talk about when they say PvP can't agree so the devs don't know where to start. While the viability for 1v1 & 2v2's is an important question, I do think it's a question for another time. There is still no harm in focusing on over/under-performing abilities if they can be accurately identified as such.

That being said I agree with you in the sense that it would great to see some testing in larger groups so we can see how Atomic performs in 4s & 5s etc. Making changes based around 1s & 2s alone is likely to negatively impact Atomics performance in larger group matches.
    • Like x 2