Bounty Relevancy: A Modest Proposal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

It's not often I have 'extra' game time these days, but when I do, I like to walk into old raids solo and pick up a few extra Source Marks each week. (For those that aren't aware: In raids that are out of relevancy, each boss gives you a Source Mark as an option in the loot picker window). I'll also do old bounties occasionally, just hoping for the Prestige drops.

Tonight, while waiting for enough people to show up for Golem, it occurred to me that it must be really difficult to get enough people to do Bounties that aren't at endgame. With enough shouts, you can finish one in Metal, JLD, Atlantis and even Titans at most times of the day. But the Justice For All and Earth 3 areas seem pretty slow these days, and there are times that Doomsday just wanders around, destroying Metropolis without anyone opposing him.

My proposal: Allow a small Source Mark reward for old Bounties. Three seems appropriate (since Raids award the same number, and they're both intended to be 8-player content).

It'll get a few more bodies (like mine) into those old Open World areas since Bounties are easy to pick up while waiting for instances to pop, which in turn will help out the new sprouts climbing the CR ladder. A few more Source Marks per week should be enough incentive for at least a percentage of players (like myself) now that they've become more valuable.

tl; dr: The devs already allow us to get a few guaranteed Source Marks in Raids - i. e. 8-man content - so why not Bounties?
    • Like x 12
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

I think this is a fantastic idea. In all honesty, I only go back to those areas when I'm helping my wife with her lower level toons.(unless its a feat spam) It would get more people into those open world areas(as you said) and provide players with something to do when their endgame weeklies are done. I, much like you, do not have a whole lot of extra time...but when I do, I would be all over this if I got some source marks.
    Edit:
    The original bounties only rewarded one mark to begin with..even the cc bouties only give 1. At the time they came out, I am sure they were intended as the "war-torn village" or the "starro conqueror" of their day...and required 8 people. I'm not sure how that would work. I also like prestige drops...so maybe only the "newer" 8 man bounties?
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another Approach would be tradeable collectibles or "Rare drops" to let People who put in the effort make some Money on the side.
    However source marks Sounds good too (i doubt it'll happen tho, since you can purchase them on the Market place already and that would take some of their income away)

Also im talking about a collectible shared with all bountys - not one for each. Also it doesnt have to be a Collection aswell
    • Like x 2
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I could see that. Make the CC Bounties 1 each, and the 8-man Bounties a bit more.

Though the CC Bounties are daily ... so that might be too many Source Marks for the devs' tastes. (Same with the Riddled With Crime Gotham Bounties - daily.)

It would certain take some consideration...
    • Like x 1
  5. AquiloFury Committed Player

You make a valid point. I had not considered the fact that cc and original bounties are daily lol.(although I certainly wouldn't be opposed to getting a mark for them...I have a feeling it won't happen) Another approach could be to incorporate all of the daily bounties into a single mission...one mission for original bounties..one for cc bounties and one for riddled with crime. These missions would be weekly for anyone out of relevance and could award 3 because it's more work than just beating one person to get the reward.

A little clarification here...
    What I'm saying is take the daily mission for each bounty and consolidate them into a single mission for a single mark for anyone out of relevance. You would have to beat bizzaro, avatar of sin, the judge, arkillo, full house, nephertitos(can't remember exact name..but you get it.) And anyone else who I might have forgotten here to get the reward. The same would apply with cc bounties...you have to beat all cc bounties to get the reward...in rwc..you have to beat all possible bounty possibilities in the area(clayface, Deathstroke, ivy, Harley, me freeze, scarecrow, echo, Babyface, and lefty) to get the reward. This would be for anyone out of relevance.
    I'm not sure it would happen..it means altering code or adding code to change up the missions once out of relevance.
    • Like x 1
  6. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Patiently waiting for the day I can solo Doomsday and show Superman how it’s done.
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you can already do that - in Tank role
    Might take some time and patience but its possible ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I am a tank. I might try once I get elite gear from Metal.
    • Like x 2