Time for another.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xAcHieVeD, Sep 24, 2019.

1. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

It’s time for another one of these threads. Devs, why aren’t you working on pvp? What’s the point of having it in the game if you’re not going to put any focus at all towards it? It’s pretty sickening that a game company would ignore the other half of their game for no reason. Please to the forum warriors don’t say “it doesn’t make any money” or “they don’t have the resources” they do, but they do not care. Why is this? Is this company only worried about people’s bank accounts? This is terrible. How are Switch/Xbox players even going to get their pvp feats? No one queues pvp and if they do they sure aren’t queuing anything above 4s most likely. This is just disheartening to even play the game. PvE is fun for a couple days then it just becomes a grind. The maps are reused the mechanics are all the same. Damage, Damage, damage, block for the annoying one shots then repeat. That’s not fun. PvP you had to actually try against the other player and counter them, but hey you can’t even do that nowadays because.... well no one uses their weapons and everyone’s a power you can’t block anymore (who’s idea was that? That was a terrible idea, sorry). What’s the point to even play this game anymore? DC has/had the potential to be one of the top MMOs but it seems to me that greed has got in the way of that. DC has some of the best fighting mechanics for pvp and it’s not even used..... this game might be the only mmo with combat is completely different from others like FF, ESO etc. what’s the deal with us not getting a thing and it’s been PvE and TCs. Are more people worried about their style than actual gameplay? Would you rather have a new material or actually have the game improved? Waiting every 3-5 months for a new dlc isn’t fun either especially when there’s only 2 raids, 1 alert and 1 solo which both were just old missions..... that’s not even fair.
    • Like x 5
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly i'm fine with the solo, it was rather creatively inventive with some of the stuff. as for PVP, consider that we're JUST about to get a weapons damage balance as well as addressing a few other things with weapons as far as balance goes. before the devs can do anything about PVP they have to address a few root causes FIRST. before powers and weapons are balanced for PVP they have to be balanced in the base game of PVE, afterall if they don't work well in a scripted environment as is, how can they be expected to work in the chaotic free-for-all of player vs player? we'll likely see a PVP update/re-revamp in a few months to a year or two, but the devs simply can't go in guns blazing willy-nilly like the LAST PVP revamp they did where they listened to "supposed" PVPERS, only to find out that those people not only didn't do much PVPING but weren't even in the game a month or two after the PVP/stats revamp. give them time to gather empirical data and do what tweaking needs to be done, better well calibrated and late than never.
    • Like x 2
  3. Raven Roth Committed Player

Beating a dead horse, PvP content isn't coming back
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I wish they'd take fixing pvp seriously
    • Like x 5
  5. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

And that is absolutely insane because it’s pretty much true. I’ve never seen another game ignore half of their game because “no one plays it” insane that is an actual quote from one of the development team. How does anyone even look at and say that’s okay? They openly admit they won’t fix their game because no one plays it... but no one plays it because of how broken it is and it seems like everyone that did care quit years ago and gave up. At this point I’m beyond beating a dead horse. This just makes me not want to play the game and let my sub run out then delete the game. I enjoy PvE, but like other mmos you get bored of PvE and hop to pvp. Destiny being one of them. But DC had a great combat system for pvp and it’s not being used correctly.
    • Like x 4
  6. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

They always do this, when the weapons get “balanced” they’ll all be stronger than most powers and everyone will complaint then they’ll re-work on powers for the 14th time and screw over weapons again and then back to square one. Those supposed “PvPers” were never real pvpers the devs listened to the PC community more so over PS where most of their player base was, but we didn’t use the forums nearly as much. It’s pretty easy to go the forums when you’re already sitting at your computer. That’s off subject, but they listed things they didn’t like and got everything “fixed” when in reality it ruined everything.
  7. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I mean there is hope..... some (key word SOME) changes are being made to legends characters with busted abilities, and the healing barrel issue. Of course we still got 50 issues that have yet to be addressed but at least we getting some changes we asked for a whole year ago
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What makes everyone truly believe they aren't working on PvP? Remember when they said SM wasn't coming back...

Maybe they are working on PvP and they don't want you to know about it yet...

But anywho please continue making PvP threads because we obviously don't have enough dead horses laying around.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Meanwhile powers like atomic and earth are glitched still
  10. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

What’s the point of keeping us out the dark? Do you know how many people quit the game due to pvp not being good anymore? What shows your customers you don’t care by not even telling them anything? That makes me want to quit the game even more. And the way they push these TCs and stupid arts/mats/auras I doubt they’re working on pvp. They spend their “resources” on PvE and TCs while pvp gets steadily pushed further and further back. Pvp is the last thing on their mind and that’s sad. And sure will continue making pvp post until I quit the game. Rather try to get it worked on and fixed instead of quitting, but the way it’s looking I’ll be finding a new game here soon. Destiny seems the better idea about now or battlefront 2 I guess.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

I'm still mad at them for not giving us Grodd and Zoom in Legends.
    • Like x 3
  12. Azreaus Committed Player

I have 2 questions -

1) How can they "fix" PVP in a way that'll be accepted (or at least not hated) by the majority of PVP players? (seems like very few can agree on HOW to fix it, only that it needs fixed).

2) How can they monetize PVP so they can justify spending their limited time and resources on fixing it?
    • Like x 5
  13. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Ask yourself. How many other MMOs make money off their pvp? Destiny doesn’t. ESO doesn’t. Why does DC? PvP can make money if they add items to it that you can’t get anywhere else. Maybe try to rework the SP system and add about 100 more skill points and add multiple new styles? Add something done line of maybe catalyst or add maybe Nth Metal for every 5-10 Wins you get 3000? There’s ways they can do this I’m not the one working for them also if you’d look at the older dc videos of pvp you’d probably be able to find a good balance on what people liked and didn’t like? I mean everyone seemed to favor having RPS system in the game probably can start there? Maybe get rid of the outrageous healing cap and power? It’s 4 am and I’m giving ideas, but there’s gotta be something they can do here. It’s sad because I don’t want to quit but I want to get my money’s worth of a game and I feel like I’m not getting it here because I don’t want to PvE everyday and moment I get on. I want to queue a 5v5 and have a match go on for 15 minutes again and have to kite and everything like we used to in 2011-14 days. Hell I even enjoyed the WM days because it really put everyone on their toes not to get one shotted almost or a healer had to get you back up or you had to kite. It’s not fun anymore nor is it amusing.
    • Like x 2
  14. Berza Committed Player

It's curious this thread shows up the day after Batuba fixed internally half of Legends bugs. Next time you may check the Bug section before starting a rant...
    • Like x 1
  15. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

You would think after I everything I said you’d believe i was talking about arenas.... did you see anywhere in my post I spoke about legends pvp? Maybe you should read more before making a post. It makes you look foolish trying to discredit everything I said.
    • Like x 4
  16. Azreaus Committed Player

As for the monetization question that was referencing a reply from (IIRC) Mepps who basically came out and said that PVP won't be worked on as it doesn't bring in any money.

P.S. please don't type giant wall-o-text's as it's visually off-putting and can be a PITA to read.
    • Like x 1
  17. Berza Committed Player

I'm not trying to discredit you (English speaking natives did it already way better than I could ever do). Just pointing you that if you know the problem AND you think there is a solution, follow Arqueiro Robusto path and post each one of those bugs/problems in the Arkham section so it can be solved, instead of starting a discussion in a section where is highly doubtful a developer will see it.

Edit: Also I didn't see any reference to arenas on any of your posts so why wouldn't I think you are talking about general PVP?
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The problem is that I don't know if it'd be accurate to say that half the game is being ignored.

The concentration of dev efforts has always been on the PvE side, even early on in the game. PvP did get its fair share back then, but PvE always got more. And I can't imagine that the Last Laugh episode (PvP focused episode) not doing as well as they might have thought helped focus more resources on PvP.

PvP is definitely a portion of the game, but I wouldn't try hazarding a guess as to how much of a portion it is from an objective viewpoint.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A. They might not have anything near completed to show us and B. Everyone has their independent opinion on how PvP in DCUO should be. The devs might not want to hear feedback on a project that isn't near completed.

Can you imagine how different the four-man SM would have turned out if they had come out and told us they were working on a four-man SM? Players quit when they were told there would be no more Survival Mode. Did all those players return to play the new SM? Nope.

And the art team, the same people that make the new arts, materials and auras, are not the same people that design gameplay. There are several teams that all have their own separate workloads. It's not impossible for a game studio to be working on new content, fixing bugs and designing styles all at the same time.
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And to the people who keep bringing up monetization: PvP Artifacts. Boom, done.