Dev Discussion Episode 35: Monsters of Metal 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

On first boss tanks lose all aggro when they get encased. This is really annoying if youre top dps or a healer since u get aggro right after 90% of the time and whatever attack he does will usually kill you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I have a bug to report. In the poision ivy fight if u leave the machine's alone at the end it can be used in last boss
  3. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Bug report:
    On final boss merciless skull is inconsisntant.
    A elite normal run he skulls in the cd of amazonian deflection.
    Yesterday:
    1st run) Merciless skull attack was being 3 times faster then usual in regards of reaction time.
    2nd run) Merciless not even did a single skull xd. (i was trolling all group whit: wait for it, anytime, is coming...)
    • Like x 1
  4. JackFrost Developer

It was intended in elite mode, but is causing more problems than anything, so I'll be removing this potential in an upcoming hotfix. Thanks for the report!
  5. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! I'll get a fix out for it asap.
    • Like x 1
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Sunblade Bug:

Noone was able to pickup the Sunblade in this fight. There is no interaction symbol nor when being close any interaction possible:

[IMG]

Also what can cause the Sunblade to drop? I stood once in a fight getting no dmg (not close to adds etc.) and out of nowhere it dropped for no apparent reason =/
    • Like x 1
  7. Gromm865s Active Player

Same thing happened in a feat group I was in. Person who held the sunblade just randomly had it drop for no reason.
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is it intended that you can hide behind the trees to avoid Poison Ivy's big attack? I feel like it should be but was just wanting a dev to clarify as a number of players have been curious about this.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think it is cause theres a feat for not loosing your form and as far as I know using line of sight is the only way not to get knocked out of it.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I did wonder that but needed to test a few times to be sure this was the case and it wasn't another reason.
  11. JackFrost Developer

Yep, that's intended!
    • Like x 2
  12. JackFrost Developer

Hey Elusian!

Is this happening with any consistency? Or was it a one-off thing that happened? Were you experiencing any lag around the time this happened?

Regarding your question, in Elite mode, the Sun Blade can be knocked out of a players' hands if the player is hit with the Ice Boulder Toss or Ground Stomp abilities. In Normal and Event modes, I believe it's just the Ice Boulder Toss that can do it.
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Heyo,

thanks for the reply. We had it happened fairly consistent. Happened today too. Lag was okay. Minimal but nothing too serious like in the zone after. I'm going to check on the next run if any of the 2 abilities were at fault for it. The Ice Boulder Toss wasnt there but that Ground Stomp cannot be excluded just yet. I'll throw feedback regarding that out when I manage to get in a group (prob thursday evening). Might as well pull up a recorder and see if I can get any footage if there isnt any Ground Stomp to see.
  14. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Hey, Im not sure if it is intended that new layer of dificulty but after the latest patch notes:
    . merciless 1shot attack doesnt have a tell(not even a skull).
    . I dont know if i was glinched but also on lb elite has ice tank, i had to block break twice to get out of cc. (tank bosses specially batman who laughts)
    . merciless for some reason can get counter from time to time:) (not complaining here)
  15. ApexAssassin7 New Player

There's is a bug were the red text doesn't appear at all
    • Like x 1
  16. Turtle Owner New Player

17. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Its intended if you read the patch notes. The red text was glitching some times so instead of players relying on it, it was removed. Thats how I understood the patch notes. Its a nice change since it encourages communication which is what elite raids should do.
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

All the fixes for Rage tanks avoiding crash-- is it possible to make it so that atomic tanks don't lose their aura in the same circumstances?
  19. AV Loyal Player

Considering nothing else in the game has ever behaved this way, it's kinda ***. Also dicks over hearing impaired players. There should, at the absolute barest minimum, be a skull warning. In all my runs, I only ever saw the red text fail to appear a single time... so I don't believe that was the motivation for the change whatsoever, given that much more gamebreaking and glaringly fubar bugs have been allowed to exist forever without being addressed.
  20. JackFrost Developer

I intended for there to be a skull icon/chevron tell for this attack. I'm going to look into it and try to make sure that's there, and if not, a fix for it will come with the next hotfix.

Sorry about that folks!
    • Like x 3