New event is already a whack.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Well, I decided to run the events with another alt, and once again, I ended up joining a False Idols event group stuck at the adds Ares summons. So there is an issue with event version.

We're also not getting role-less buffs...
  2. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Now those are issues worth discussing regardless of how you feel about the balance.
    • Like x 1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just tanked the event version of Idols today, one healer and no troll. We wiped once because everyone wanted to melee, we almost wiped again on Cerberus because everyone wanted to stand in the fire.

There's nothing wrong with the event version, people just don't know how to play.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

It's not as long as an average Alert, and you get double the normal solo rewards, since it takes a little longer than some other solos. There's nothing wrong with the Normal Mode solo instance.
    • Like x 2
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

How long is the regular solo taking you all? You can grab the rogue weapon crate on the way to the posters and you can skip some ads. I made it through today in around 7:30, CR 278. Avoid the vortexes <— biggest help
    • Like x 2
  7. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Mine has been a similar experience. I always play in troller role, finished it at 278 cr with 138 sp last night, killing everyone and drinking no soders and getting the 15 years feat at 12:48. This is pretty standard stuff imo.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

To put this in perspective, how long was the duo taking when it first came out in JLD? How long was the solo in Atlantis taking when it first came out?

The solo has been out less than a week and you've already cut it down to 7minutes, it really doesn't seem that bad to me. On a fully powered character it's really a cake walk, on lower equipped alts it might pose more of a challenge at times if you're closer to entry level requirements.

I agree with the general sentiment that this DLC seems 'tedious' and already somewhat exhausted but I think that comes down not, to the difficulty or timing required to beat content, but the fact so much of it is reused bosses and environments, there's way way, way too much of a "we've already been here and done this, feel" that it's left the DLC feeling like an immediate chore rather than a joyful experience for the first month or so.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, after a couple more days...

Solo = event or regular difficulty, not a major problem, died the first time I tried regular difficulty, second time, no deaths, no issues. If you want breathing room in the Red Death fight, Pied Piper's effect allows bomb disarm.

4 player = event difficulty, cakewalk. regular difficulty, actually surprised that the ARC fight was easier in this instance than it was in the original Batcave 4 player from Way Back When. Mechanics for feats in the final fight are a little challenging, but I'm sure I'll sort that out too.

Idols = event difficulty is very hard to mess up. First run, had to leave at first subboss, life interruptions. Second run, no wipes, died once (I think, I was a little drunk). Will have an opinion on the Normal difficulty later.

Have run the other 8 man yet.

Oh, and I PUG'd everything, so....
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I died more doing the Atlantis solo on regular difficulty than I did during the Scarlet solo, and I was overgeared for AT, bleeding edge low CR for Scarlet. My advice would be "shields" and "dodge", if someone were having issues with it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Berza Committed Player

Ran normal mode solo today. Check previous post for knowing my circumstances, nothing changed. Died 4 times with Mirrors Master, vortex hitting enough to put me in problems if I stand to long on them, but dead were due to my reduced options when rolling (just forward) and also a bit of lag. The fight was long, half rotation deals pretty low damage, but when I managed to avoid vortexes constantly it was only a matter of time. Red Death still a cakewalk. Ice rogue tech (picked just first one I saw) , block on bombs, slow damage. Done with one hand.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly, even if you didn't want to take a personal shield, all players can use.

sidekick (healing back and shield), supply drop (healing back), personal dampening field (shield), healing barrel (healing)

There's basically 4 things right there that can make your life way easier if you're struggling.

edit: going in with a supercharge loaded if you're really going to struggle is a good idea as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

HL shield alone blocks 40k+ even on a dps, it’s been an absolute lifesaver countless times across all content types for me. I highly recommend it to anyone struggling to stay alive in anything.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

and it's not just ******* GREEN any more. I loves it.
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have it on every dps build, tuned as close as I can get to the character’s powerset colour. It’s pretty and practical. I loves it too. :D
    • Like x 1