Feat "Cure Metal Wounds" (54 times)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I actually had a laugh at this. Two of my toons headcannon speedmetal x and nth their story is they survived the dark multiverse x was from our universe but got sent there during the events of nexus (basically it was ps3 days and I fell through the map having died just at the cutscene and spawned under the map. Same thing happened me in brainiacs bottled ship raid so I just flew around examining the ship) and the other nth was his dark multiverse counterpart. And they have both been popping so many feats in metal its hilarious.
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think the chief complaint about this is that if you got the mission every day it would take you 54 days to complete it. That's 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to the next DLC. Instead, you have a 33% chance of getting that mission, and assuming that the missions actually rotate properly so that you get the mission every 3rd day, that means it will take you 162 days to complete it, and that is into the next DLC already.
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well, that is the point of missions like this one; take your time to complete the feat. By the time the next DLC launches you should have at least one character high enough to not get CR locked out to complete the feat. It gives your end game character(s) something to work on besides the newest episode while gaining Source Marks.

When the next DLC launches, Rath Crowns will be next on the list to be turned into Source Marks. If that happens, it would mean end game characters will only have 3 episodes to farm Source marks from, aside from the Vault (JLD, Metal 1, Metal 2). Having missions left to do for feats will be critical to have, as to help stave off boredom.

Many players are in the habit of trying to get all of the feats done before the next episode. The problem with that is the impending boredom that comes with it; the new content becomes as stale and dry as unsalted crackers left out of the package too long. If new content won't be available for a few months, this can be painful, to say the least. In my opinion, missions with feat that rely on a random rotation keeps interest and gives a longer shelf life for Source Mark/Nth metal farming.
    • Like x 2
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Exactly this. There was so much complaining over the Summer about a lack of things to do - and when we *did* get something new (the Shadow Golem), it got farmed to death on Day 1, and the complaining started again - whilst also leaving that particular Mission a wasteland for anybody that didn't participate in the feeding frenzy.

You can't have it both ways - you can cane the Mission, or you can have something engaging to do over time (whilst not practically denying that Mission to others). 54 instances over time is a nice balance. It's not an unreasonable number of runs, it's obviously not intended to be completed *right now*, and it keeps it live for groups that have that mission later.

I'm seeing quite a lot of fixes to a lot of complaints in this DLC - appreciate them.
    • Like x 2
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not 100% sure that you need to be assigned that Iconic to have it count towards the Feat. Try searching for Cheetah and Freeze *whilst that Mission is active*. Kill them. Then kill the Iconic you were assigned to kill. I'm not saying it will work, but the wording of the Feat is ambiguous enough for me not to put it past them that this could be viable :cool: .
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Assuming you sign in daily and get an even distribution of that mission the assumption is that you should be able to complete it shortly before the next DLC drops. You don't need to do all 3 open world missions... just the one. So yes, if you go on vacation for two weeks or just take a month off, then you don't get the feat without either spending replays or going back into this content until you do get it.. kinda like the Batwoman open world missions in Riddled with Crime where you had to do 18 for Team Joker and 18 for Team Riddler and you got a random one of the two depending on whom you had to see after talking to her.

The "fix" I think you refer to is the need to actually have the mission for the Metal Titans active in order to receive credit for defeating one of them... thus you would need 5 weeks to complete it, assuming you do not reset it... but you know people will reset it during a bonus marks weekend because as far as a time investment goes, that's the best way to get lots of marks.

IMHO, I think they slipped backwards on a couple of things (218 metal kills and 82 portals vs 54 glowy things and a 4-man bounty), and the collection items instead of catalysts for the OP piece.

Beyond that I've actually been enjoying this content... especially the need to do mechanics instead of worrying about turning this into a DPS-fest.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You do get credit if you are grouped with someone and they get the Iconic you want. If you've got a roster of leaguemates or some friends run the same content, you can impose on them to run the 5 days, get the mission and increase your chances. Shout will sometimes also yield some results, but as the area is low pop, the chances of having someone in at the same time as you AND on the 5th day missions is slim. If shouting, I'll shout out "anyone need Mr Freeze for the Knight shift feat" and if I got a response I'd see if they were on their 5th day...or add them to friends.

Hassle to be sure, but this is another one of those 'skill' points that has nothing to do with skill but is all about luck. All you can do is increase your chances of getting some good luck.

Reinheld
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This did not work after a patch was applied when the DLC launched. Those of us who got it early (on my main) were able to do this in one go...get the 5th day mission, kill the other 3, then kill the one you were sent to find in one sitting. Didn't really become an issue as it took 8 passes to get the Polemarch set, but now that you can buy the style, 8 weeks of doing the 5th day mission is a hassle. As I did mention to Tabby though, if you are grouped, you can get double credit if the 2 missions have different Iconics. That's as good as it gets.

Reinheld
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Couldn't agree more. I was glad to see they reduced the number to 218 at least, but the fact that the 82 are 'pickups' vs 'flyby' like the motes is a hassle and they seemed to have reduced the group range in this area. I've been in groups with 6 or 7 people and unless you trail someone around (which is counter-productive) it seems like the rate on 218 is only slightly better than doing it solo or with 1 or 2 others in a tight area. I miss the days of 410 where the entire map was game.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. Earthjim Well-Known Player

If it's the same 33% chance as the Breakthroughs for Artifacts, itll take 4 years
    • Like x 2
  11. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

That's funny right there, i don't care who you are. Lol
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's a 33% chance based on 1 out of 3 possible missions. Let's not over exaggerate the issue.
  13. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Somebody was absent on the day when dry humor was explained...
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When you're dealing with "the sky is falling" crowd, that kind of joke tends to be taken as a fact by some which causes undue panic.
    • Like x 2
  15. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Haha fair enough. I just treat it like what i hope it is, a joke. And i can definitely see the humor in it after getting 5 maxed before this dlc dropped. I'm not even mad at the arts, though. I get it, but my wallet sure hates me. Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

@allnightgaming You must be really behind on sp consideing you can never finish a gear set or collection...
    • Like x 1
  17. Panderus Senior Producer

We have now changed the feat to require 52 times to complete it as intended.

Just kidding, I will follow up with the content folks about the length required to complete this feat.
    • Like x 17
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

xD You read my mind.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Uh oh...a Dev with a sense of humor....could be trouble.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I almost fell off my chair when I read that ^_^