Powerset Skins?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Krossmark, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Krossmark Level 30

Any interest in this idea? I like the way Ice plays for example, not to mention it's raw potential, but I'm not really a fan of the gimmick; some ideas I think could be interchangeable purely cosmetically:

Ice -> Molten Metal
    Fire -> Fireworks (ala Jubilee, could probably just get away with making the fire rainbowy (not a word))
    Gadgets -> Darkness (Was thinking like, demon tentacles for the pull ability, dark clouds for the CC, etc.)
    Celestial -> Insect King/Queen (The animations already sort of look like they could be replaced with swarms of bugs, almost all of them in fact, idk if there's a huge demand for "bug command", but whatevs)
    Munitions -> Weapon Master (ala Ares, the spray abilities could shoot daggers, the mini-nuke could drop a huge battle-axe, etc.)

I dunno, something like this must have been suggested before, but it'd be nice to have some cosmetic options in this area without really having to put together entirely new powersets.
    • Like x 3
  2. Heywiar Committed Player

I have always loved this idea. It would be super cool even with just a colour change.
    Can you imagine how cool gadgets would look if it was black and white instead of that blue-ish colour and white?
    • Like x 2
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Or a green and black hacker like power :cool:
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Power skins would be awesome to match with power material. Or a substitute for those who missed out on the materials. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. Using the OP's ice power example, I have the Arctic Material and the Arctic Aura on my ice tank. I would like the hand blaster power for ice to look like liquid nitrogen streams coming out of the hands, frosty steam included. I would change to a melee power like two handed if the weapon frosted over as my character holds it and uses it.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The OP is referring to reskins for the actual powersets, not Materials.
  7. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I'm all for it. There are plenty of quantum timelords like myself that would love the power to come in the gold regeneration scheme... i know I'm not the only one because all i could get was theDoctor day one on switch and by the time i got to the name on ps3, i really had to "doctor" it up. Ha ha, i made a crappy pun!
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know.

So we could comebine the power skin with the power material. For example with the battle harness. or with most head piece. So that our character would be 100% power. ;)

And for those who missed out on the material.... they could just were the naked skin like all those wearing the Cosmic Skin with their character instead of the Cosmic material. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Munitions should have the paint treats below the eyes or even a face completely camo out
    Gadgets idk
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

I understand as well. I was responding to the OP and Magneto when my internet service dropped (their side, not mine). I just got it back and only my response to Magneto came through. *sigh*:(, I'll try again.
  11. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I was hoping we'd get powers skins as the next resurgence premium after we had gotten the auras and materials . And while I don't mind the accessories, they mostly just served to rake in some cash on the broker.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's not talking about skins either, he's talking about changing the color/style of his powers.
  13. Krossmark Level 30

Absolutely! No idea what would go into doing that - if that sort of stuff is baked into the animations, but year even just having a spectrum of colors to chose from for some of the powers would be pretty cool - fire with blue, green, purple, etc. Just as part of the style consistency, I'm always just a little sad that my angel-gimmicked Celestial character is shooting out corruption styled powers just because that's pretty much how you have to use the power at higher CR, being able to lock all her animations into that gold/holy style would be great. Ideally though, I'd like to see entirely new-looking in universe powers without worrying about balancing/introducing a whole new playstyle along with it.
    • Like x 1